There comes a time to stop being angry. -- A Small Circle of Friends

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan

SubjectAuthor
* China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No oneRusty Wyse
`* Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "Nobmoore
 `* Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "Noltlee1
  `* Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with TaiwanA. Filip
   `- Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwanltlee1

1
China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No one should underestimate the Chinese people's staunch determination, firm will, and strong ability to defend national sovereignty and territorial integrity," he added. "The historical

<250d3bba-8852-4838-892a-a2581ab5d1d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5813&group=soc.culture.china#5813

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 09:15:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No one
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 16:15 UTC

China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No one should underestimate the Chinese people's staunch determination, firm will, and strong ability to defend national sovereignty and territorial integrity," he added. "The historical task of the complete reunification of the motherland must be fulfilled, and will definitely be fulfilled."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-s-president-vows-peaceful-reunification-with-taiwan/ar-AAPjk5N?ocid=msedgntp

Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No one should underestimate the Chinese people's staunch determination, firm will, and strong ability to defend national sovereignty and territorial integrity," he added. "The histori

<19d04c04-6b07-4113-8efa-955be1129555n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5821&group=soc.culture.china#5821

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 11:05:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 18:05 UTC

On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 9:15:46 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No one should underestimate the Chinese people's staunch determination, firm will, and strong ability to defend national sovereignty and territorial integrity," he added. "The historical task of the complete reunification of the motherland must be fulfilled, and will definitely be fulfilled."
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-s-president-vows-peaceful-reunification-with-taiwan/ar-AAPjk5N?ocid=msedgntp

We Seek Peaceful Reunification

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynZpXukLbT8

Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No one should underestimate the Chinese people's staunch determination, firm will, and strong ability to defend national sovereignty and territorial integrity," he added. "The histori

<20374225-4254-47cd-b7ab-d68498e27116n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5824&group=soc.culture.china#5824

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 11:43:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 18:43 UTC

On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 6:05:05 PM UTC, bmoore wrote:
> On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 9:15:46 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> > China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No one should underestimate the Chinese people's staunch determination, firm will, and strong ability to defend national sovereignty and territorial integrity," he added. "The historical task of the complete reunification of the motherland must be fulfilled, and will definitely be fulfilled."
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-s-president-vows-peaceful-reunification-with-taiwan/ar-AAPjk5N?ocid=msedgntp
> We Seek Peaceful Reunification
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynZpXukLbT8

If only one country does not want to see peaceful re-unification in the whole world, which one would that be?
Hint: Definitely not China.

Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan

<anfi+nkus96ebwf-la96@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5827&group=soc.culture.china#5827

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 18:55:53 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:1UCbYP7G2TqN55r7Xf5UlwRLAWk=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 18:55 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 6:05:05 PM UTC, bmoore wrote:
>> On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 9:15:46 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
>> > China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan - "No
>> > one should underestimate the Chinese people's staunch
>> > determination, firm will, and strong ability to defend national
>> > sovereignty and territorial integrity," he added. "The historical
>> > task of the complete reunification of the motherland must be
>> > fulfilled, and will definitely be fulfilled."
>> >
>> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-s-president-vows-peaceful-reunification-with-taiwan/ar-AAPjk5N?ocid=msedgntp
>> We Seek Peaceful Reunification
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynZpXukLbT8
>
> If only one country does not want to see peaceful re-unification in the whole world, which one would that be?
> Hint: Definitely not China.

Somehow I doubt PRC is going to offer "reunification" terms acceptable
*to Taiwanese in referendum* . "Overrule of the local laws" by PRC
in HK is hard to ignore IMHO.

*BUT* Brexit referendum results were not as expected :-)
So unlikely does not mean impossible.

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| If one studies too zealously, one easily loses his pants.
| (A. Einstein.)

Re: China's president vows 'peaceful reunification' with Taiwan

<6d04c776-d8bf-44ad-8ae4-f3a009bfd8b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5829&group=soc.culture.china#5829

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 12:41:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 19:41 UTC

On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 6:56:41 PM UTC, A. Filip wrote:
> ltlee1 wrote:

> >> We Seek Peaceful Reunification
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynZpXukLbT8
> >
> > If only one country does not want to see peaceful re-unification in the whole world, which one would that be?
> > Hint: Definitely not China.
> Somehow I doubt PRC is going to offer "reunification" terms acceptable
> *to Taiwanese in referendum* . "Overrule of the local laws" by PRC
> in HK is hard to ignore IMHO.

Whatever China can or cannot make adequate offer to Taiwan whatever time, a world
in which world powers can and/or choose to refrain from inserting themselves into the
process would be a better world.

Regarding Hong Kong, its authority has rebutted Western accusation that China
had overruled local laws.

Under 1C2S, it is Hong Kong Democratic elites' freedom to see the PRC as a demon. But
then they must also save the people. Unfortunately, these leaders did not seem to care
about the people while they were doing all they can to vanquish the sin of the imaginary
PRC demon. In addition, they were using their suffering as a tool against China. This
approach made Hong Kong's situation totally unacceptable.

With these people gone, average Hong Kongers would be better off.

"The government said it will develop a new metropolitan area in the city's north for people to
live, work and travel. The proposed metropolis will cover the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Boundary
Control Points Economic Belt, as well as the deeper hinterlands.

A number of development projects planned for or under planning there are estimated to provide
about 350,000 residential units.

Additional land of about 600 hectares could be developed within the Northern Metropolis for
residential and industrial use, with an estimated provision of 165,000 to 186,000 residential units.

When fully developed, a total of 905,000 to 926,000 residential units will be available to
accommodate about 2.5 million people.

The Hong Kong government has also identified about 350ha of land for 330,000 public housing units
for the next 10 years from FY2022/23, to meet the estimated public housing demand in this period."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/hong-kong-leader-sets-goals-housing-finance-climate-speech-2225156