"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it." -- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes... Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...

SubjectAuthor
* US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidentalRusty Wyse
`* Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - NotA. Filip
 +* Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidentalRusty Wyse
 |`* Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidentalbmoore
 | `- Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidentalRusty Wyse
 `* Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidentalltlee1
  `- Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidentalRusty Wyse

1
US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes... Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...

<d53e450a-4777-4526-b275-c57bbef5afcfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5748&group=soc.culture.china#5748

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 09:23:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 16:23 UTC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-warns-china-taiwan-threats-could-trigger-major-accidental-conflict/ar-AAPcRzw?ocid=msedgntp

Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes... Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...

<anfi+kl8169c7zf-la74@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5751&group=soc.culture.china#5751

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes... Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 16:37:16 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:peG3wdpb2O/yX5MrldrVZPCzUTY=
 by: A. Filip - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 16:37 UTC

Rusty Wyse <rst888wxyz@gmail.com> wrote:
> US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict
> - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill
> other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes...
> Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-warns-china-taiwan-threats-could-trigger-major-accidental-conflict/ar-AAPcRzw?ocid=msedgntp

You talk like a true (parliamentary democracy) politician :-)
[ Translated: "mislead" ]

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| Artificial intelligence has the same relation to intelligence as
| artificial flowers have to flowers. (David Parnas)

Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes... Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...

<9858da7c-4278-4ff2-8959-8416b4344b9fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5754&group=soc.culture.china#5754

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 09:57:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 16:57 UTC

On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 9:37:18 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict
> > - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill
> > other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes...
> > Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-warns-china-taiwan-threats-could-trigger-major-accidental-conflict/ar-AAPcRzw?ocid=msedgntp
> You talk like a true (parliamentary democracy) politician :-)
> [ Translated: "mislead" ]

It's NOT "misleading"!!! It's the truth!!!
1: Taiwan is indefensible...
2: The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes...
3: China does not want to kill other Chinese. Taiwan is NOT going anywhere. China can wait.

Besides, a lot of Taiwanese are living and working inside China. Many Taiwan companies are located inside China.

On the other hand, after the Vietnam War, the Afghanistan War, the Syria War,... do you really think the U.S./U.N. want to take on China??? China can hit back against their home country/countries!!! Bombs will be falling on Europe/America/allies with war on China!!!!

> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | Artificial intelligence has the same relation to intelligence as
> | artificial flowers have to flowers. (David Parnas)

Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes... Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...

<1598daa6-ede4-41b7-b142-2ad06335cdb0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5763&group=soc.culture.china#5763

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 11:26:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 18:26 UTC

On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 9:57:25 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 9:37:18 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> > Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict
> > > - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill
> > > other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes...
> > > Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...
> > >
> > > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-warns-china-taiwan-threats-could-trigger-major-accidental-conflict/ar-AAPcRzw?ocid=msedgntp
> > You talk like a true (parliamentary democracy) politician :-)
> > [ Translated: "mislead" ]
> It's NOT "misleading"!!! It's the truth!!!
> 1: Taiwan is indefensible...
> 2: The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes...
> 3: China does not want to kill other Chinese. Taiwan is NOT going anywhere. China can wait.
>
> Besides, a lot of Taiwanese are living and working inside China. Many Taiwan companies are located inside China.
>
> On the other hand, after the Vietnam War, the Afghanistan War, the Syria War,... do you really think the U.S./U.N. want to take on China??? China can hit back against their home country/countries!!! Bombs will be falling on Europe/America/allies with war on China!!!!

You make it sound like a sporting event. If Merced were involved you'd be whimpering like the worst kind of armchair quarterback, lacking even the remotest of clues. Sheesh.

Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes... Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...

<78c5b596-79cf-47ca-95ad-6a0092aabbecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5767&group=soc.culture.china#5767

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 13:41:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 20:41 UTC

On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 11:26:51 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:
> On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 9:57:25 AM UTC-7, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > You talk like a true (parliamentary democracy) politician :-)
> > > [ Translated: "mislead" ]
> > It's NOT "misleading"!!! It's the truth!!!
> > 1: Taiwan is indefensible...
> > 2: The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes...
> > 3: China does not want to kill other Chinese. Taiwan is NOT going anywhere. China can wait.
> >
> > Besides, a lot of Taiwanese are living and working inside China. Many Taiwan companies are located inside China.
> >
> > On the other hand, after the Vietnam War, the Afghanistan War, the Syria War,... do you really think the U.S./U.N. want to take on China??? China can hit back against their home country/countries!!! Bombs will be falling on Europe/America/allies with war on China!!!!
> You make it sound like a sporting event. If Merced were involved you'd be whimpering like the worst kind of armchair quarterback, lacking even the remotest of clues. Sheesh.

At 83, I have seen a lot. The truth will always be the truth.

Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes... Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...

<e3235baf-3ffc-4495-90ce-66830099290bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5772&group=soc.culture.china#5772

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 15:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 22:22 UTC

On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 4:37:18 PM UTC, A. Filip wrote:
> Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict
> > - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill
> > other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes...
> > Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-warns-china-taiwan-threats-could-trigger-major-accidental-conflict/ar-AAPcRzw?ocid=msedgntp
> You talk like a true (parliamentary democracy) politician :-)
> [ Translated: "mislead" ]

Tony Blanken is only 60 years. Yet he speaks as if he does not seem to remember
the PRC and the ROC are still in a state of war. The Chinese civil is not official ended.
PRC China did suggest the two sides could have a peace treaty as a first step. But China's
attempt failed.

"In spite of the fact that substantial progress has been made in the improvement of relations between China and Taiwan, there have been no talks on sensitive political issues. Beijing's proposal for a cross-strait peace agreement is put on hold. Disagreement over the sovereignty of one China and the political reality in Taiwan have conspired to create an apparent impasse and contributed to an indefinite delay of the negotiations. At the moment, a large section of Taiwanese people do not seem to want this peace agreement.. The ruling Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) cannot afford to start negotiations without a strong domestic consensus. This article examines the political situation in Taiwan, analyzes the main obstacles to reaching a cross-strait peace agreement, and explores possible solutions."
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/241737475_Cross-Strait_Peace_Agreement_Diminishing_Likelihood

Without any peace agreement, major conflict is never far away. From the PRC's point of view, re-unification is its
#1 DEMOCRATIC mission. If there were drugs that could have the Chinese people forget the fact that Taiwan
is an integral part of China, it would be an excellent way toward peace between the two. Else, the issue is how
long the PRC can wait. The people could become impatient. What if millions of them protesting day after day
over the government's failure to re-unify?

If Americans do decide to defend Taiwan, the choice is now while its still economically and militarily strong
or to be forced into action by the Chinese people.

> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | Artificial intelligence has the same relation to intelligence as
> | artificial flowers have to flowers. (David Parnas)

Re: US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes... Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...

<d42db2e0-3cfe-48a4-9bbf-e7801b583ea1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5778&group=soc.culture.china#5778

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 18:51:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 8 Oct 2021 01:51 UTC

On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 3:22:15 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 4:37:18 PM UTC, A. Filip wrote:
> > Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > US warns China: Taiwan threats could trigger major accidental conflict
> > > - Nothing will happen around Taiwan. China does not want to kill
> > > other Chinese. The U.S. will not defend Taiwan if war comes...
> > > Besides, Taiwan is indefensible...
> > >
> > > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-warns-china-taiwan-threats-could-trigger-major-accidental-conflict/ar-AAPcRzw?ocid=msedgntp
> > You talk like a true (parliamentary democracy) politician :-)
> > [ Translated: "mislead" ]
> >
> Tony Blanken is only 60 years. Yet he speaks as if he does not seem to remember
> the PRC and the ROC are still in a state of war. The Chinese civil is not official ended.
> PRC China did suggest the two sides could have a peace treaty as a first step. But China's
> attempt failed.
>
> "In spite of the fact that substantial progress has been made in the improvement of relations between China and Taiwan, there have been no talks on sensitive political issues. Beijing's proposal for a cross-strait peace agreement is put on hold. Disagreement over the sovereignty of one China and the political reality in Taiwan have conspired to create an apparent impasse and contributed to an indefinite delay of the negotiations. At the moment, a large section of Taiwanese people do not seem to want this peace agreement. The ruling Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) cannot afford to start negotiations without a strong domestic consensus. This article examines the political situation in Taiwan, analyzes the main obstacles to reaching a cross-strait peace agreement, and explores possible solutions."
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/241737475_Cross-Strait_Peace_Agreement_Diminishing_Likelihood
>
> Without any peace agreement, major conflict is never far away. From the PRC's point of view, re-unification is its
> #1 DEMOCRATIC mission. If there were drugs that could have the Chinese people forget the fact that Taiwan
> is an integral part of China, it would be an excellent way toward peace between the two. Else, the issue is how
> long the PRC can wait. The people could become impatient. What if millions of them protesting day after day
> over the government's failure to re-unify?

That won't happen!!! The people don't want war over Taiwan.

> If Americans do decide to defend Taiwan,

The U.S. cannot afford to defend Taiwan. And China will not invade Taiwan.
The killing between the two were done by and before 1949...

> the choice is now while its still economically and militarily strong

No, it's already too late. The U.S. cannot defeat China today.
The U.S. can't even defeat Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria,...

> or to be forced into action by the Chinese people.

The Chinese people have never been a militarily-minded people...
Chinese parents never want to see their children fighting...