Scintillation is not always identification for an auric substance.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Insurrection at the IRS office

SubjectAuthor
* Insurrection at the IRS officeSkooby-Due
+* Re: Insurrection at the IRS officeEd P
|`* Re: Insurrection at the IRS officeFrank
| +* Re: Insurrection at the IRS officeColour Sergeant Bourne
| |+* Re: Insurrection at the IRS officeRalph Mowery
| ||`- Re: Insurrection at the IRS officemicky
| |`- Re: Insurrection at the IRS officeFrank
| `- Re: Insurrection at the IRS officeT
`- Re: Insurrection at the IRS officeColour Sergeant Bourne

1
Insurrection at the IRS office

<17c64ba95343bc15$13591$197378$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57223&group=alt.home.repair#57223

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: skooby....@ruh.roh (Skooby-Due)
Subject: Insurrection at the IRS office
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 20:11:37 -0400
 by: Skooby-Due - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 00:11 UTC

CHAOS: Houston IRS Office Closes Early Due to Fighting (VIDEO)

There is nothing like waiting until the last minute to file taxes.

The IRS office in Houston, Texas closed early on Saturday because a fight broke out in front of the building. Numerous people were lined up to get help with their taxes.

Tempers were out of control as impatient taxpayers were waiting for assistance. The deadline to file is Monday, April 15th.

Fox 26 reported:

    HOUSTON – The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed abruptly on Saturday after people say a fight broke out. It happened while taxpayers were trying to get assistance with filing their taxes.

    Hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS building hoping to get help with their taxes. Instead, a field assistant from the IRS said they had to shut down early because of a riot that broke out.

    Tempers flared outside the Internal Revenue Service’s building as hundreds of people trying to file their taxes and get identity verification were turned away.

“The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed abruptly this weekend after a fight broke out. It happened during the IRS tax assistance event on Saturday. Now hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS building hoping to get help with their taxes,
instead a field assistant from the IRS said they had to shut down early because of a riot that broke out,” Fox 26 reported.

“I see little kids out here, old people with canes,” said a taxpayer.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/chaos-houston-irs-office-closes-early-due-fighting/

Re: Insurrection at the IRS office

<661c7650$0$3711198$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57224&group=alt.home.repair#57224

Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 20:35:29 -0400
Subject: Re: Insurrection at the IRS office
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 00:35 UTC

On 4/14/2024 8:11 PM, Skooby-Due wrote:
> CHAOS: Houston IRS Office Closes Early Due to Fighting (VIDEO)
>
> There is nothing like waiting until the last minute to file taxes.
>
> The IRS office in Houston, Texas closed early on Saturday because a
> fight broke out in front of the building. Numerous people were lined up
> to get help with their taxes.
>
> Tempers were out of control as impatient taxpayers were waiting for
> assistance. The deadline to file is Monday, April 15th.
>
> Fox 26 reported:
>
>     HOUSTON – The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed abruptly
> on Saturday after people say a fight broke out. It happened while
> taxpayers were trying to get assistance with filing their taxes.
>
>     Hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS building hoping to get
> help with their taxes. Instead, a field assistant from the IRS said they
> had to shut down early because of a riot that broke out.
>
>     Tempers flared outside the Internal Revenue Service’s building as
> hundreds of people trying to file their taxes and get identity
> verification were turned away.
>
> “The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed abruptly this weekend
> after a fight broke out. It happened during the IRS tax assistance event
> on Saturday. Now hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS building
> hoping to get help with their taxes, instead a field assistant from the
> IRS said they had to shut down early because of a riot that broke out,”
> Fox 26 reported.
>
> “I see little kids out here, old people with canes,” said a taxpayer.
>
> https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/chaos-houston-irs-office-closes-early-due-fighting/

People can be stupid. I don't feel bad for them, waiting until last
minute. My taxes were filed and paid in February.

Re: Insurrection at the IRS office

<uvjai0$a3rc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57233&group=alt.home.repair#57233

From: bou...@rorke.za (Colour Sergeant Bourne)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 09:37:04 -0400
 by: Colour Sergeant Bour - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:37 UTC

On 4/14/24 8:11 PM, Skooby-Due wrote:
> CHAOS: Houston IRS Office Closes Early Due to Fighting (VIDEO)
>
> There is nothing like waiting until the last minute to file taxes.
>
> The IRS office in Houston, Texas closed early on Saturday because a
> fight broke out in front of the building. Numerous people were lined up
> to get help with their taxes.
>
> Tempers were out of control as impatient taxpayers were waiting for
> assistance. The deadline to file is Monday, April 15th.
> SNIP.....

A scuffle among a group of low-lifes from the bottom end of the
intelligence and social awareness curves hardly constitutes an
"insurrection"
;-)

--
Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

Re: Insurrection at the IRS office

<uvjdjb$aus1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57238&group=alt.home.repair#57238

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 10:28:57 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:28 UTC

On 4/14/2024 8:35 PM, Ed P wrote:
> On 4/14/2024 8:11 PM, Skooby-Due wrote:
>> CHAOS: Houston IRS Office Closes Early Due to Fighting (VIDEO)
>>
>> There is nothing like waiting until the last minute to file taxes.
>>
>> The IRS office in Houston, Texas closed early on Saturday because a
>> fight broke out in front of the building. Numerous people were lined
>> up to get help with their taxes.
>>
>> Tempers were out of control as impatient taxpayers were waiting for
>> assistance. The deadline to file is Monday, April 15th.
>>
>> Fox 26 reported:
>>
>>      HOUSTON – The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed abruptly
>> on Saturday after people say a fight broke out. It happened while
>> taxpayers were trying to get assistance with filing their taxes.
>>
>>      Hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS building hoping to
>> get help with their taxes. Instead, a field assistant from the IRS
>> said they had to shut down early because of a riot that broke out.
>>
>>      Tempers flared outside the Internal Revenue Service’s building as
>> hundreds of people trying to file their taxes and get identity
>> verification were turned away.
>>
>> “The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed abruptly this weekend
>> after a fight broke out. It happened during the IRS tax assistance
>> event on Saturday. Now hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS
>> building hoping to get help with their taxes, instead a field
>> assistant from the IRS said they had to shut down early because of a
>> riot that broke out,” Fox 26 reported.
>>
>> “I see little kids out here, old people with canes,” said a taxpayer.
>>
>> https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/chaos-houston-irs-office-closes-early-due-fighting/
>
> People can be stupid.  I don't feel bad for them, waiting until last
> minute.  My taxes were filed and paid in February.

Me too and both state and federal refunds are in the bank.

Re: Insurrection at the IRS office

<uvjpip$dluf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57252&group=alt.home.repair#57252

From: bou...@rorke.za (Colour Sergeant Bourne)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:53:29 -0400
 by: Colour Sergeant Bour - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:53 UTC

On 4/15/24 10:28 AM, Frank wrote:
> On 4/14/2024 8:35 PM, Ed P wrote:
>> On 4/14/2024 8:11 PM, Skooby-Due wrote:
>>> CHAOS: Houston IRS Office Closes Early Due to Fighting (VIDEO)
>>>
>>> There is nothing like waiting until the last minute to file taxes.
>>>
>>> The IRS office in Houston, Texas closed early on Saturday because a
>>> fight broke out in front of the building. Numerous people were lined
>>> up to get help with their taxes.
>>>
>>> Tempers were out of control as impatient taxpayers were waiting for
>>> assistance. The deadline to file is Monday, April 15th.
>>>
>>> Fox 26 reported:
>>>
>>>      HOUSTON – The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed
>>> abruptly on Saturday after people say a fight broke out. It happened
>>> while taxpayers were trying to get assistance with filing their taxes.
>>>
>>>      Hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS building hoping to
>>> get help with their taxes. Instead, a field assistant from the IRS
>>> said they had to shut down early because of a riot that broke out.
>>>
>>>      Tempers flared outside the Internal Revenue Service’s building
>>> as hundreds of people trying to file their taxes and get identity
>>> verification were turned away.
>>>
>>> “The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed abruptly this weekend
>>> after a fight broke out. It happened during the IRS tax assistance
>>> event on Saturday. Now hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS
>>> building hoping to get help with their taxes, instead a field
>>> assistant from the IRS said they had to shut down early because of a
>>> riot that broke out,” Fox 26 reported.
>>>
>>> “I see little kids out here, old people with canes,” said a taxpayer.
>>>
>>> https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/chaos-houston-irs-office-closes-early-due-fighting/
>>
>> People can be stupid.  I don't feel bad for them, waiting until last
>> minute.  My taxes were filed and paid in February.
>
> Me too and both state and federal refunds are in the bank.

I file my taxes online as soon as I have all my 1099s, etc. from
financial institutions-- usually in February.

But I always arrange my quarterly estimated tax payments so I owe (but
not enough to incur a penalty and interest) rather than getting a
refund. Why give them a free loan of my money.

I file early-- but pay my balance due on April 15th via the IRS website.

--
Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

Re: Insurrection at the IRS office

<MPG.408743aefb80607b989f5c@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57255&group=alt.home.repair#57255

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:01:54 -0400
 by: Ralph Mowery - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 19:01 UTC

In article <uvjpip$dluf$1@dont-email.me>, bourne@rorke.za says...

> >> People can be stupid.  I don't feel bad for them, waiting until last
> >> minute.  My taxes were filed and paid in February.
> >
> > Me too and both state and federal refunds are in the bank.
>
> I file my taxes online as soon as I have all my 1099s, etc. from
> financial institutions-- usually in February.
>
> But I always arrange my quarterly estimated tax payments so I owe (but
> not enough to incur a penalty and interest) rather than getting a
> refund. Why give them a free loan of my money.

I have my fed back and had to pay the state. Waited to April 4 to do
the tax. I like to make sure the best I can that I have all my 1099 and
such in. A friend said he is selling his Shell stock thie year as they
are always late getting his 1099 things in.

Re: Insurrection at the IRS office

<uvk2au$fl2m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57259&group=alt.home.repair#57259

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:22:54 -0700
 by: T - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 20:22 UTC

On 4/15/24 07:28, Frank wrote:
> On 4/14/2024 8:35 PM, Ed P wrote:
>> On 4/14/2024 8:11 PM, Skooby-Due wrote:
>>> CHAOS: Houston IRS Office Closes Early Due to Fighting (VIDEO)
>>>
>>> There is nothing like waiting until the last minute to file taxes.
>>>
>>> The IRS office in Houston, Texas closed early on Saturday because a
>>> fight broke out in front of the building. Numerous people were lined
>>> up to get help with their taxes.
>>>
>>> Tempers were out of control as impatient taxpayers were waiting for
>>> assistance. The deadline to file is Monday, April 15th.
>>>
>>> Fox 26 reported:
>>>
>>>      HOUSTON – The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed
>>> abruptly on Saturday after people say a fight broke out. It happened
>>> while taxpayers were trying to get assistance with filing their taxes.
>>>
>>>      Hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS building hoping to
>>> get help with their taxes. Instead, a field assistant from the IRS
>>> said they had to shut down early because of a riot that broke out.
>>>
>>>      Tempers flared outside the Internal Revenue Service’s building
>>> as hundreds of people trying to file their taxes and get identity
>>> verification were turned away.
>>>
>>> “The Internal Revenue Service in Houston closed abruptly this weekend
>>> after a fight broke out. It happened during the IRS tax assistance
>>> event on Saturday. Now hundreds of people were lined up at the IRS
>>> building hoping to get help with their taxes, instead a field
>>> assistant from the IRS said they had to shut down early because of a
>>> riot that broke out,” Fox 26 reported.
>>>
>>> “I see little kids out here, old people with canes,” said a taxpayer.
>>>
>>> https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/chaos-houston-irs-office-closes-early-due-fighting/
>>
>> People can be stupid.  I don't feel bad for them, waiting until last
>> minute.  My taxes were filed and paid in February.
>
> Me too and both state and federal refunds are in the bank.

And the extension is really easy to fill out

Re: Insurrection at the IRS office

<iq9r1jlaci0mupa9komaisioesrpducpg9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57262&group=alt.home.repair#57262

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 18:25:14 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 22:25 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:01:54 -0400, Ralph Mowery
<rmowery42@charter.net> wrote:

>I have my fed back and had to pay the state. Waited to April 4 to do
>the tax. I like to make sure the best I can that I have all my 1099 and
>such in. A friend said he is selling his Shell stock thie year as they
>are always late getting his 1099 things in.

The problem with Shell stock, and I'm almost surprised your friend
didn't mention it (Maybe he didn't know. I only knew because my father
had filled out my taxes in prior years.) is that because it's a Dutch
company and the Netherlands collects income tax on the dividends, you're
supposed to file a separate form that enables you to deduct from your US
tax bill what you've paid to the Netherlands. It's a simple form iirc
but having to do it screwed me up, made me late, etc. until I decided
that it was only a few dollars and I'd just forget about what I'd paid
and pay it again to the US.
Form 1116
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/foreign-tax-credit

Re: Insurrection at the IRS office

<uvkafm$hes1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57265&group=alt.home.repair#57265

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 18:41:56 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 22:41 UTC

On 4/15/2024 1:53 PM, Colour Sergeant Bourne wrote:
> On 4/15/24 10:28 AM, Frank wrote:

>>> People can be stupid.  I don't feel bad for them, waiting until last
>>> minute.  My taxes were filed and paid in February.
>>
>> Me too and both state and federal refunds are in the bank.
>
> I file my taxes online as soon as I have all my 1099s, etc. from
> financial institutions--   usually in February.
>
> But I always arrange my quarterly estimated tax payments so I owe (but
> not enough to incur a penalty and interest) rather than getting a
> refund. Why give them a free loan of my money.
>
> I file early-- but pay my balance due on April 15th via the IRS website.

I usually owe the feds but get an equal amount back from the state.
This year I got back from the feds because of a rebate from installing a
heat pump.