Serving coffee on aircraft causes turbulence.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Lost my part time job

SubjectAuthor
* Lost my part time jobMort Adella
+* Re: Lost my part time job😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
|`* Re: Lost my part time jobMort Adella
| `* Re: Lost my part time jobOscar
|  +- Re: Lost my part time job😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
|  `* Re: Lost my part time jobT
|   `- Re: Lost my part time jobGreta Thongturd
`- Re: Lost my part time jobHiram T Schwantz

1
Lost my part time job

<ustftk$17kkg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56264&group=alt.home.repair#56264

From: Mor...@burger.com (Mort Adella)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Lost my part time job
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 20:21:08 -0400
 by: Mort Adella - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 00:21 UTC

After I retired, I wanted to keep a little busy so I found a part time
job. It was with a Boeing subcontractor and it was perfect. I'd go in
for just a couple of hours a day.

My job was to put the bolts in a fuselage with a door plug. Put the
bolt through, then to around the other side to put on the nuts and
tighten them down. I was really good at it.

One day though, I had diarrhea and did not go to work that day. Afraid
to leave the house, I stayed home. Well, that was some months ago and
the boss just found out I was not there with my nuts, so I got fired. No
second chance. I just don't understand it.

Re: Lost my part time job

<nUrIN.209135$ds1.196190@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56265&group=alt.home.repair#56265

Subject: Re: Lost my part time job
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 20:53:37 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 00:53 UTC

Mort Adella wrote on 3/13/2024 8:21 PM:
> After I retired, I wanted to keep a little busy so I found a part time
> job.  It was with a Boeing subcontractor and it was perfect.  I'd go
> in for just a couple of hours a day.
>
> My job was to put the bolts in a fuselage with a door plug.  Put the
> bolt through, then to around the other side to put on the nuts and
> tighten them down.  I was really good at it.
>
> One day though, I had diarrhea and did not go to work that day. Afraid
> to leave the house, I stayed home.  Well, that was some months ago and
> the boss just found out I was not there with my nuts, so I got fired.
> No second chance.  I just don't understand it.

Are you a visible minority (Diversity), female (Equity), or LGBTQ+
(Inclusion)? Retain a DEI lawyer to sue the Boeing subcontractor if you are.

Re: Lost my part time job

<ustj76$18929$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56266&group=alt.home.repair#56266

From: Mor...@burger.com (Mort Adella)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 21:17:27 -0400
 by: Mort Adella - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 01:17 UTC

On 3/13/2024 8:53 PM, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅ wrote:
> Mort Adella wrote on 3/13/2024 8:21 PM:
>> After I retired, I wanted to keep a little busy so I found a part time
>> job.  It was with a Boeing subcontractor and it was perfect.  I'd go
>> in for just a couple of hours a day.
>>
>> My job was to put the bolts in a fuselage with a door plug.  Put the
>> bolt through, then to around the other side to put on the nuts and
>> tighten them down.  I was really good at it.
>>
>> One day though, I had diarrhea and did not go to work that day. Afraid
>> to leave the house, I stayed home.  Well, that was some months ago and
>> the boss just found out I was not there with my nuts, so I got fired.
>> No second chance.  I just don't understand it.
>
> Are you a visible minority (Diversity), female (Equity), or LGBTQ+
> (Inclusion)? Retain a DEI lawyer to sue the Boeing subcontractor if you
> are.

Yes, I'm exceedingly handsome so that makes me a minority. I'm very
happy so that can make me gay.

I don't understand, it was only one door that fell off a 737.

Re: Lost my part time job

<65f4609f$0$6049$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56276&group=alt.home.repair#56276

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: osc...@127.0.0.1 (Oscar)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:52:05 -0400
 by: Oscar - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:52 UTC

Mort Adella wrote:
> On 3/13/2024 8:53 PM, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅ wrote:
>> Mort Adella wrote on 3/13/2024 8:21 PM:
>>> After I retired, I wanted to keep a little busy so I found a part time job.  It was with a Boeing subcontractor and it was perfect.  I'd go in for just a couple of hours a day.
>>>
>>> My job was to put the bolts in a fuselage with a door plug. Put the bolt through, then to around the other side to put on the nuts and tighten them down.  I was really good at it.
>>>
>>> One day though, I had diarrhea and did not go to work that day. Afraid to leave the house, I stayed home.  Well, that was some months ago and the boss just found out I was not there with my nuts, so I got fired. No second chance.  I just don't
>>> understand it.
>>
>> Are you a visible minority (Diversity), female (Equity), or LGBTQ+ (Inclusion)? Retain a DEI lawyer to sue the Boeing subcontractor if you are.
>>

> Yes, I'm exceedingly handsome so that makes me a minority.  I'm very happy so that can make me gay.
>
> I don't understand, it was only one door that fell off a 737.

As long as they didn't leave the seat belt bolts out too, you should be OK.
Wearing a warm coat that's good to -40F will help.

--
If the left could compete in the realm of ideas, they wouldn't want to censor us.

If the left were truly a majority, they wouldn't need to censor us.

Re: Lost my part time job

<rFZIN.210547$Fr1.145578@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56277&group=alt.home.repair#56277

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 11:18:46 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:18 UTC

Oscar wrote on 3/15/2024 10:52 AM:
> Mort Adella wrote:

>>> Are you a visible minority (Diversity), female (Equity), or LGBTQ+
>>> (Inclusion)? Retain a DEI lawyer to sue the Boeing subcontractor if
>>> you are.
>>>

>> Yes, I'm exceedingly handsome so that makes me a minority.  I'm very
>> happy so that can make me gay.
>>
>> I don't understand, it was only one door that fell off a 737.
>

> As long as they didn't leave the seat belt bolts out too, you should
> be OK.
> Wearing a warm coat that's good to -40F will help.

You need Eskimo-style fur coats. It can be down to -70F, that's without
counting the windchill factor.

https://www.britannica.com/science/temperature-stress
Between 9,000 and 12,000 metres (30,000 and 40,000 feet), the cruising
altitude of most jet aircraft, air temperatures range from −40 to −70 °F
(−40 to −57 °C). Modern aircraft have sealed cabins and heaters to
protect pilots and passengers from wind blasts and cold air.

Re: Lost my part time job

<ut3mcu$2qe8h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56296&group=alt.home.repair#56296

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 01:48:29 -0700
 by: T - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 08:48 UTC

On 3/15/24 07:52, Oscar wrote:
> Mort Adella wrote:

>>> Are you a visible minority (Diversity), female (Equity), or LGBTQ+
>>> (Inclusion)? Retain a DEI lawyer to sue the Boeing subcontractor if
>>> you are.
>>>

>> Yes, I'm exceedingly handsome so that makes me a minority.  I'm very
>> happy so that can make me gay.
>>
>> I don't understand, it was only one door that fell off a 737.
>

> As long as they didn't leave the seat belt bolts out too, you should be OK.
> Wearing a warm coat that's good to -40F will help.

https://media.townhall.com/cdn/hodl/cartoons/afb031524dAPC-800x0.jpg

Re: Lost my part time job

<65f5a42c$0$4187$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56297&group=alt.home.repair#56297

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: greta.th...@cologny.mafia.wef (Greta Thongturd)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 09:52:32 -0400
 by: Greta Thongturd - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 13:52 UTC

T wrote:
> On 3/15/24 07:52, Oscar wrote:
>> Mort Adella wrote:

>>> Yes, I'm exceedingly handsome so that makes me a minority. I'm very happy so that can make me gay.
>>>
>>> I don't understand, it was only one door that fell off a 737.
>>

>> As long as they didn't leave the seat belt bolts out too, you should be OK.
>> Wearing a warm coat that's good to -40F will help.
>>

> https://media.townhall.com/cdn/hodl/cartoons/afb031524dAPC-800x0.jpg

And it doesn't help when United's Goober fails to ensure the exterior panels are mounted securely.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/another-one-united-airlines-boeing-737-lands-airport/

Re: Lost my part time job

<DPlNN.117656$Sf59.60208@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56524&group=alt.home.repair#56524

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 18:04:19 -0400
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:04 UTC

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 20:21:08 -0400, Mort Adella posted for all of us to
digest...

> After I retired, I wanted to keep a little busy so I found a part time
> job. It was with a Boeing subcontractor and it was perfect. I'd go in
> for just a couple of hours a day.
>
> My job was to put the bolts in a fuselage with a door plug. Put the
> bolt through, then to around the other side to put on the nuts and
> tighten them down. I was really good at it.
>
> One day though, I had diarrhea and did not go to work that day. Afraid
> to leave the house, I stayed home. Well, that was some months ago and
> the boss just found out I was not there with my nuts, so I got fired. No
> second chance. I just don't understand it.

You needed a different plug that day. Couldn't you just walk through the hole
to get to other side? You can get a job at United's maintenance dept.

--
Hiram