From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Subject: pepper seed question
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 23:51:55 -0700
 by: T - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 06:51 UTC

Hi All,

I have been following Songbird's instruction
on how to collect Anaheim (California) pepper
seeds. Wait till the peppers are nice and red
and the skins wrinkly, then harvest the seeds
and dry the out real well.

This year I have noticed that some of the seeds
have black dots in their centers. Is that the
germ? Or should I discard the seeds?

Many thanks,
-T

Re: pepper seed question

<tg86vj$p75i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=559&group=rec.gardens.edible#559

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Subject: Re: pepper seed question
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 15:44:01 -0700
 by: T - Sun, 18 Sep 2022 22:44 UTC

On 9/11/22 23:51, T wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been following Songbird's instruction
> on how to collect Anaheim (California) pepper
> seeds.  Wait till the peppers are nice and red
> and the skins wrinkly, then harvest the seeds
> and dry the out real well.
>
> This year I have noticed that some of the seeds
> have black dots in their centers.  Is that the
> germ?  Or should I discard the seeds?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Solved the problem by saving about 500 seeds.
Some of them have to be good. And I have 10
holes to grow them in, so 50 seeds per hole?
(I will start with 10 or 20)
My Anaheim (California) peppers are coming
is gang busters this year. Nothing else is
doing so well. Have not had a single cucumber
fruit in two weeks and three of the four zukes
are dead. The forth one is just holding on
and no fruit either. Cherry tomatoes are
doing alright

:-)

Re: pepper seed question

<r33nvi-ut5.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=564&group=rec.gardens.edible#564

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 17:21:31 -0400
 by: songbird - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 21:21 UTC

T wrote:
> Solved the problem by saving about 500 seeds.
> Some of them have to be good. And I have 10
> holes to grow them in, so 50 seeds per hole?
> (I will start with 10 or 20)

:)

> My Anaheim (California) peppers are coming
> is gang busters this year. Nothing else is
> doing so well. Have not had a single cucumber
> fruit in two weeks and three of the four zukes
> are dead. The forth one is just holding on
> and no fruit either. Cherry tomatoes are
> doing alright
>

>:-)

glad the tomatoes are coming through, they're
usually pretty forgiving. small fruits are a
good thing when weather may vary - that's why
with beans i prefer to grow ones that are on the
smaller side.

songbird