From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: OT Who writes this stuff anyway?
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 13:40:32 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:40 UTC

OT Who writes this stuff anyway?

The first paragraph says that compact cars are larger, but the second
says they are better for fitting in tight parking spaces!!!!!

Things You Should Know

Compact cars are usually larger than economy cars. Most compacts
come with 4 doors, while economy cars come with 2-4 doors, depending on
the model.
Economy and compact cars cost about the same to rent. Compacts are
better for cities since they can weave through traffic and fit in tight
parking spots.

https://www.wikihow.com/Economy-vs-Compact-Car

Rant continues:
And why is there almost no differrence in price bettween little and
mid-size (1.71 a day, and standard is only another $1.43, etc. Isn't the
purchase price of bigger cars a bigger percentage difference than these
rentals?). And how does Hertz manage to charge $48/day when Thrifty
is charging 22, and why does Hertz charge 147 extra/week if you pay when
you pick it up instead of today, which is one day earlier! Thrifty
doesn't say anything about paying on pick-up, so i don't know if they
charge more then or how much, but if you pay for hertz on pickup it's
69/day. I suppose Hertz is better??, but that much? Should I get my
employer to pay for it?

Re: OT Who writes this stuff anyway?

<5evgvih53r313dr6dmavqoe8u10drbh4cj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56344&group=alt.home.repair#56344

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: OT Who writes this stuff anyway?
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 13:49:01 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:49 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 18 Mar 2024 13:40:32 -0400, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>Rant continues:
>And why is there almost no differrence in price bettween little and
>mid-size (1.71 a day, and standard is only another $1.43, etc. Isn't the
>purchase price of bigger cars a bigger percentage difference than these
>rentals?). And how does Hertz manage to charge $48/day when Thrifty
>is charging 22, and why does Hertz charge 147 extra/week if you pay when
>you pick it up instead of today, which is one day earlier! Thrifty
>doesn't say anything about paying on pick-up, so i don't know if they
>charge more then or how much, but if you pay for hertz on pickup it's
>69/day. I suppose Hertz is better??, but that much? Should I get my
>employer to pay for it?

I looked at the details before agreeing but I missed the last one

Fees and Surcharges

CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGE $27.65 USD
VEHICLE LICENSING FEE RECOVERY $5.54 USD
AIRPORT CONCESSION FEE $20.62 USD
RENTAL SURCHARGE $14.14 USD
Is the "rental surcharge" one of the baseless charges that Biden wanted
to get rid of in his State of the Union speech?

It sounds like" We're charging you but we don't think the quoted rate is
enough, so let's charge more.

The other 3 I'm okay with.

Re: OT Who writes this stuff anyway?

<65f8a824$0$3158698$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56350&group=alt.home.repair#56350

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 18 Mar 2024 20:46:28 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 20:46 UTC

On 2024-03-18, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
> OT Who writes this stuff anyway?

The authors' names appera a couple of lines below the title.

--
Cindy Hamilton