A university faculty is 500 egotists with a common parking problem.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

SubjectAuthor
* Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Greta Thongturd
+* Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?badgolferman
|+* Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Ed P
||+- Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Scott Lurndal
||+* Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?micky
|||`- Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Scott Lurndal
||`- Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Frank
|+* Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Scott Lurndal
||`- Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?micky
|`- Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Frank
`* Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Colour Sergeant Bourne
 +- Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Ed Pawlowski
 `* Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Greta Thongturd
  `- Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?Colour Sergeant Bourne

1
Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<65eb1efc$0$2077922$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56012&group=alt.home.repair#56012

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: greta.th...@cologny.mafia.wef (Greta Thongturd)
Subject: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 09:19:15 -0500
 by: Greta Thongturd - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 14:19 UTC

United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249 souls on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a tire to separate from the widebody jet.
The tire fell several hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a parking lot at San Francisco International Airport.

Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured the moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.

https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/

Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off" maintenance program?

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<xn0oj2sk32jk5d1004@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56014&group=alt.home.repair#56014

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:00:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:00 UTC

Greta Thongturd wrote:

>United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249
>souls on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a
>tire to separate from the widebody jet. The tire fell several
>hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a parking lot at San
>Francisco International Airport.
>
>Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured
>the moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.
>
>https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/
>

>Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off"
>maintenance program?

Boeing has had quite a bit of negative publicity lately. I hope they
can get their quality control program figured out or they will be
hurting financially. At least they still have their military and space
programs.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<65eb2cc0$0$876057$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56016&group=alt.home.repair#56016

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 10:20:32 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:20 UTC

On 3/8/2024 10:00 AM, badgolferman wrote:
> Greta Thongturd wrote:
>

>> United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249
>> souls on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a
>> tire to separate from the widebody jet. The tire fell several
>> hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a parking lot at San
>> Francisco International Airport.
>>
>> Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured
>> the moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.
>>
>> https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/
>>

>> Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off"
>> maintenance program?
>

> Boeing has had quite a bit of negative publicity lately. I hope they
> can get their quality control program figured out or they will be
> hurting financially. At least they still have their military and space
> programs.

That may not be Boeing. Could be the kid at the gas station that
changed the tire.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<LfGGN.121518$Vrtf.94509@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56017&group=alt.home.repair#56017

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:36:11 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:36 UTC

"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> writes:

>Boeing has had quite a bit of negative publicity lately. I hope they
>can get their quality control program figured out or they will be
>hurting financially.

It's not a quality control problem. It's a management problem.

They're focused on shareholder returns exclusively. They
haven't even started designing the replacement for the 737
thirty-seven _years_ after the first flight of the A320.

They didn't replace the 757, leading to the incredible success
of the A321ER.

They moved headquarters _twice_.

They spun out fuselage manufacturing (spirit), which they're
now trying to spin back in.

They moved manufacturing from unionized Washington state to
non-union south carolina and quality took a nosedive.

> At least they still have their military and space
>programs.

Both of which are deeply in the red. SLS is a joke.
The KC-46 is in the red and still has problems with
the electronic vision system.

Many blame the Micky-D merger, where the boeing enginering-focused
management was replaced by the folks that ran mcdonnell-douglas into
the ground with the MD-11.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<IgGGN.121519$Vrtf.103230@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56018&group=alt.home.repair#56018

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:37:12 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:37 UTC

Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> writes:
>On 3/8/2024 10:00 AM, badgolferman wrote:

>> Boeing has had quite a bit of negative publicity lately. I hope they
>> can get their quality control program figured out or they will be
>> hurting financially. At least they still have their military and space
>> programs.
>
>That may not be Boeing. Could be the kid at the gas station that
>changed the tire.

Almost certainly not Boeing. United does most of their own
maintenance, the rest is outsourced to various MRO entities.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<43fmuilsf401d9rg2ob21840bem563gscs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56020&group=alt.home.repair#56020

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 11:27:50 -0500
 by: micky - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 16:27 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 8 Mar 2024 10:20:32 -0500, Ed P
<esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 3/8/2024 10:00 AM, badgolferman wrote:
>> Greta Thongturd wrote:
>>

>>> United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249
>>> souls on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a
>>> tire to separate from the widebody jet. The tire fell several
>>> hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a parking lot at San
>>> Francisco International Airport.
>>>
>>> Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured
>>> the moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.
>>>
>>> https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/
>>>

>>> Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off"
>>> maintenance program?
>>

>> Boeing has had quite a bit of negative publicity lately. I hope they
>> can get their quality control program figured out or they will be
>> hurting financially. At least they still have their military and space
>> programs.
>
>That may not be Boeing. Could be the kid at the gas station that
>changed the tire.

I'm impressed at how strong those tires are, that they can crush cars.

That's the kind of tire I want on planes I use.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<i7fmuilkp82jeiaath2sv8v6kpm08jbkif@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56021&group=alt.home.repair#56021

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 11:30:04 -0500
 by: micky - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 16:30 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:36:11 GMT,
scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

>Many blame the Micky-D merger, where the boeing enginering-focused

Hey, don't bring me into this. I'm only in charge of tires.

>management was replaced by the folks that ran mcdonnell-douglas into
>the ground with the MD-11.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<U3IGN.471089$PuZ9.187207@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56025&group=alt.home.repair#56025

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 17:40:04 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 17:40 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes:
>In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 8 Mar 2024 10:20:32 -0500, Ed P
><esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> Boeing has had quite a bit of negative publicity lately. I hope they
>>> can get their quality control program figured out or they will be
>>> hurting financially. At least they still have their military and space
>>> programs.
>>
>>That may not be Boeing. Could be the kid at the gas station that
>>changed the tire.
>
>I'm impressed at how strong those tires are, that they can crush cars.

Drop anything on a car from 150 feet up in the air and it's going to make a mess.

But, considering that the 777 has a MTOW (Mean Take-off Weight) of
660,000 pounds, one might expect the wheels to be larger than normal

(and it was the entire wheel that departed the aircraft, not just the tire).

It's not the first time a wheel has departed from the aircraft on
takeoff.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<usfivp$1r59h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56026&group=alt.home.repair#56026

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 12:47:34 -0500
 by: Frank - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 17:47 UTC

On 3/8/2024 10:00 AM, badgolferman wrote:
> Greta Thongturd wrote:
>

>> United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249
>> souls on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a
>> tire to separate from the widebody jet. The tire fell several
>> hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a parking lot at San
>> Francisco International Airport.
>>
>> Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured
>> the moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.
>>
>> https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/
>>

>> Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off"
>> maintenance program?
>

> Boeing has had quite a bit of negative publicity lately. I hope they
> can get their quality control program figured out or they will be
> hurting financially. At least they still have their military and space
> programs.

I visited Boeing facilities with a group of engineers and tech service
people decades ago and was impressed with the quality controls I saw.
They were still testing durability of aircraft that were still in long
term service. Current management is apparently more concerned with the
bottom line then the quality of their product.

Also had a brief visit with McDonnell Douglas. But only saw aircraft
assembly and not their parts shops. Knew an aircraft tech service guy
that worked for us and he would not fly on their planes.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<usfj7b$1r59h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56027&group=alt.home.repair#56027

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 12:51:38 -0500
 by: Frank - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 17:51 UTC

On 3/8/2024 10:20 AM, Ed P wrote:
> On 3/8/2024 10:00 AM, badgolferman wrote:
>> Greta Thongturd wrote:
>>

>>> United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249
>>> souls on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a
>>> tire to separate from the widebody jet.  The tire fell several
>>> hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a parking lot at San
>>> Francisco International Airport.
>>>
>>> Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured
>>> the moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.
>>>
>>> https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/
>>>

>>> Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off"
>>> maintenance program?
>>

>> Boeing has had quite a bit of negative publicity lately.  I hope they
>> can get their quality control program figured out or they will be
>> hurting financially.  At least they still have their military and space
>> programs.
>
> That may not be Boeing.  Could be the kid at the gas station that
> changed the tire.

I knew an aircraft maintenance supervisor that worked at the
Philadelphia airport and he said they had trained union workers. He
said at many foreign airports the worker quality was very poor.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<uslcum$36p0q$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56119&group=alt.home.repair#56119

From: bou...@rorke.za (Colour Sergeant Bourne)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 18:41:26 -0400
 by: Colour Sergeant Bour - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 22:41 UTC

On 3/8/24 9:19 AM, Greta Thongturd wrote:

> United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249 souls
> on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a tire to
> separate from the widebody jet.
> The tire fell several hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a
> parking lot at San Francisco International Airport.
>
> Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured the
> moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.
>
> https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/
>

> Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off" maintenance
> program?

Haven't seen any authoritative reports if it was just the tire-- or the
entire wheel...

--
Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<uslvh1$3dve3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56122&group=alt.home.repair#56122

From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 23:58:22 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 03:58 UTC

On 3/10/2024 6:41 PM, Colour Sergeant Bourne wrote:
> On 3/8/24 9:19 AM, Greta Thongturd wrote:
>>
>> United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249 souls
>> on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a tire to
>> separate from the widebody jet.
>> The tire fell several hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a
>> parking lot at San Francisco International Airport.
>>
>> Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured
>> the moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.
>>
>> https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/
>>

>> Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off"
>> maintenance program?
>>

> Haven't seen any authoritative reports if it was just the tire-- or the
> entire wheel...

Entire wheel. There are photos of it.

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<65eef015$0$2350519$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56125&group=alt.home.repair#56125

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: greta.th...@cologny.mafia.wef (Greta Thongturd)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 07:50:42 -0400
 by: Greta Thongturd - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 11:50 UTC

Colour Sergeant Bourne wrote:
> On 3/8/24 9:19 AM, Greta Thongturd wrote:
>>
>> United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249 souls on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a tire to separate from the widebody jet.
>> The tire fell several hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a parking lot at San Francisco International Airport.
>>
>> Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured the moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.
>>
>> https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/
>>

>> Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off" maintenance program?
>>

> Haven't seen any authoritative reports if it was just the tire-- or the entire wheel...

A 777 pilot's take on the "event" and a picture at: 4:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmjmDyYfQQ&t=266s

Re: Apparently Goober is working for United Airlines?

<uspp75$b4jv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56193&group=alt.home.repair#56193

From: bou...@rorke.za (Colour Sergeant Bourne)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 10:35:17 -0400
 by: Colour Sergeant Bour - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:35 UTC

On 3/11/24 7:50 AM, Greta Thongturd wrote:
> Colour Sergeant Bourne wrote:
>> On 3/8/24 9:19 AM, Greta Thongturd wrote:
>>>
>>> United Airlines Flight 35, an Oska-bound Boeing 777-200 with 249
>>> souls on board, experienced a landing gear malfunction that caused a
>>> tire to separate from the widebody jet.
>>> The tire fell several hundred feet and then crushed vehicles in a
>>> parking lot at San Francisco International Airport.
>>>
>>> Flight tracking website RadarBox reposted a video on X that captured
>>> the moment the tire separated from the plane’s landing gear.
>>>
>>> https://www.infowars.com/posts/tire-separates-from-boeing-777-crushes-cars-in-san-francisco-parking-lot/
>>>

>>> Will this be United's new "Fly It Until The Wheels Come Off"
>>> maintenance program?
>>>

>> Haven't seen any authoritative reports if it was just the tire-- or
>> the entire wheel...
>>

> A 777 pilot's take on the "event" and a picture at: 4:26
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmjmDyYfQQ&t=266s

No doubt about it- the entire wheel! Thx.

--
Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.