What an author likes to write most is his signature on the back of a cheque. -- Brendan Francis

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT: how to feel better about russia

SubjectAuthor
* OT: how to feel better about russiabadgolferman
+- Re: OT: how to feel better about russiaFrank
+* Re: OT: how to feel better about russiaEd P
|`- Re: OT: how to feel better about russiaScott Lurndal
+* Re: OT: how to feel better about russiamicky
|`* Re: OT: how to feel better about russiamicky
| `* Re: OT: how to feel better about russiabadgolferman
|  `- Re: OT: how to feel better about russiamicky
`- Re: OT: how to feel better about russiaColour Sergeant Bourne

1
OT: how to feel better about russia

<xn0oj1g5t1747fa000@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55950&group=alt.home.repair#55950

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: OT: how to feel better about russia
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 16:24:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 16:24 UTC

Please tell me your opinion of this statement.

———————

Outgoing Special Presidential Envoy for Climate (SPEC) John Kerry
claimed
that people would "feel better" about the ongoing war in Ukraine if
Russia
would "make a greater effort to reduce emissions."

"If Russia wanted to show good faith, they could go out and announce
what
their reductions are going to be and make a greater effort to reduce
emissions now," Kerry said during a foreign press briefing on Tuesday in
Washington, D.C., his last as the SPEC, as he departed from the position
Wednesday to reportedly join President Biden's presidential re-election
campaign.

"Maybe that would open up the door for people to feel better about what
Russia is choosing to do at this point in time," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-kerry-says-people-feel-better-about-ukraine-war-russia-reduce-emissions

--
"My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating." ~
Ashleigh Brilliant

Re: OT: how to feel better about russia

<uscr1h$156ig$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55951&group=alt.home.repair#55951

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: OT: how to feel better about russia
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 11:46:40 -0500
 by: Frank - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 16:46 UTC

On 3/7/2024 11:24 AM, badgolferman wrote:
> Please tell me your opinion of this statement.
>
> ———————
>
> Outgoing Special Presidential Envoy for Climate (SPEC) John Kerry
> claimed
> that people would "feel better" about the ongoing war in Ukraine if
> Russia
> would "make a greater effort to reduce emissions."
>
> "If Russia wanted to show good faith, they could go out and announce
> what
> their reductions are going to be and make a greater effort to reduce
> emissions now," Kerry said during a foreign press briefing on Tuesday in
> Washington, D.C., his last as the SPEC, as he departed from the position
> Wednesday to reportedly join President Biden's presidential re-election
> campaign.
>
> "Maybe that would open up the door for people to feel better about what
> Russia is choosing to do at this point in time," he said.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-kerry-says-people-feel-better-about-ukraine-war-russia-reduce-emissions

Yes, climate change is the overriding factor with the current
administration.

Re: OT: how to feel better about russia

<65e9fea2$0$2187662$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55956&group=alt.home.repair#55956

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 12:51:30 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 17:51 UTC

On 3/7/2024 11:24 AM, badgolferman wrote:
> Please tell me your opinion of this statement.
>
> ———————
>
> Outgoing Special Presidential Envoy for Climate (SPEC) John Kerry
> claimed
> that people would "feel better" about the ongoing war in Ukraine if
> Russia
> would "make a greater effort to reduce emissions."

He has a good point. I'd feel better about them if they stopped
emitting rockets, drones, and similar pollution.

Re: OT: how to feel better about russia

<f_nGN.86769$6ePe.62717@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55958&group=alt.home.repair#55958

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 18:48:43 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 18:48 UTC

Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> writes:
>On 3/7/2024 11:24 AM, badgolferman wrote:
>> Please tell me your opinion of this statement.
>>
>> ———————
>>
>> Outgoing Special Presidential Envoy for Climate (SPEC) John Kerry
>> claimed
>> that people would "feel better" about the ongoing war in Ukraine if
>> Russia
>> would "make a greater effort to reduce emissions."
>>

>He has a good point. I'd feel better about them if they stopped
>emitting rockets, drones, and similar pollution.

Except he never made such a point.

March 5, 2024.

QUESTION: Another question. The global climate needs the global actions
by all the countries, and we have two major wars now \u2013 one in
Ukraine, and another one in Israel and \u2013 between Israel and Hamas.
Does these wars between Hamas and Israel, and also Ukraine and Russia,
increase the vulnerability to the climate change? What\u2019s your
assessment on that?

SECRETARY KERRY: Yes, it does. Well, it increases the vulnerability to
ecological destruction. I mean, when you have facilities that
are being blown up, your ability to have clean water and clean
air \u2013 all these kinds of things \u2013 disappear.
They\u2019re blown up. And obviously with all of the activities of
war based on old assets \u2013 whether it\u2019s airplanes, or trucks,
or tanks, or whatever \u2013 there\u2019s an awful lot of emissions
that are being put up into the atmosphere. So wars are not particularly
\u2013 they\u2019re not respectful, obviously, as we\u2019ve seen,
of human being \u2013 innocent human beings, and wars are not either
\u2013 they\u2019re not particularly concerned about or protective
of the environment and their concerns.

So I know in Ukraine they\u2019ve put a committee together that
is working to look hard at all of the environmental implications
of the war, and sort of set up a post-war plan for how they can
undo some of the damage and make up for lost time. And it\u2019s
quite unusual to have people actually in the midst of a war, where
they\u2019re defending themselves and their existence, to be thinking
about the future in that way, but that\u2019s what they\u2019re doing

https://www.state.gov/briefings-foreign-press-centers/us-efforts-to-address-the-climate-crisis

Re: OT: how to feel better about russia

<cf3kuithn9beo5hvqf7bajs4fn3c9ggjdh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55960&group=alt.home.repair#55960

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 13:58:36 -0500
 by: micky - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 18:58 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 7 Mar 2024 16:24:36 -0000 (UTC),
"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>Please tell me your opinion of this statement.
>
>———————
>
>Outgoing Special Presidential Envoy for Climate (SPEC) John Kerry
>claimed
>that people would "feel better" about the ongoing war in Ukraine if
>Russia
>would "make a greater effort to reduce emissions."
>
>"If Russia wanted to show good faith, they could go out and announce
>what
>their reductions are going to be and make a greater effort to reduce
>emissions now," Kerry said during a foreign press briefing on Tuesday in
>Washington, D.C., his last as the SPEC, as he departed from the position
>Wednesday to reportedly join President Biden's presidential re-election
>campaign.
>
>"Maybe that would open up the door for people to feel better about what
>Russia is choosing to do at this point in time," he said.
>
>https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-kerry-says-people-feel-better-about-ukraine-war-russia-reduce-emissions

It does sound stupid. I guess it shows how years doing his
environmental job has made him verrry centered on the environment. I
looked a little for an article with more context but didn't find one.

Re: OT: how to feel better about russia

<il3kuih659i294pf366ka850vv543nsvvu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55961&group=alt.home.repair#55961

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 14:04:43 -0500
 by: micky - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 19:04 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 07 Mar 2024 13:58:36 -0500, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 7 Mar 2024 16:24:36 -0000 (UTC),
>"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Please tell me your opinion of this statement.
>>
>>———————
>>
>>Outgoing Special Presidential Envoy for Climate (SPEC) John Kerry
>>claimed
>>that people would "feel better" about the ongoing war in Ukraine if
>>Russia
>>would "make a greater effort to reduce emissions."
>>
>>"If Russia wanted to show good faith, they could go out and announce
>>what
>>their reductions are going to be and make a greater effort to reduce
>>emissions now," Kerry said during a foreign press briefing on Tuesday in
>>Washington, D.C., his last as the SPEC, as he departed from the position
>>Wednesday to reportedly join President Biden's presidential re-election
>>campaign.
>>
>>"Maybe that would open up the door for people to feel better about what
>>Russia is choosing to do at this point in time," he said.
>>
>>https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-kerry-says-people-feel-better-about-ukraine-war-russia-reduce-emissions
>
>It does sound stupid. I guess it shows how years doing his
>environmental job has made him verrry centered on the environment. I
>looked a little for an article with more context but didn't find one.

My apologies. (Now if only Fox would apologize.)

Well, no wonder I didnt' find the link Scott found, because Kerry didn't
use the words Fox and other right-wing sites attributed to him. And for
lack of time, that's all I searched on.

So Fox and others are still lying, but carefully, since this sort of
misquoting or distortion I don't think can give rise to a successful
lawsuit.

Re: OT: how to feel better about russia

<xn0oj1nzj1hq2q2001@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55975&group=alt.home.repair#55975

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 21:21:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 21:21 UTC

micky wrote:

>In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 07 Mar 2024 13:58:36 -0500, micky
><NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>
>>In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 7 Mar 2024 16:24:36 -0000 (UTC),
>>"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Please tell me your opinion of this statement.
>>>
>>>———————
>>>
>>>Outgoing Special Presidential Envoy for Climate (SPEC) John Kerry
>>>claimed
>>>that people would "feel better" about the ongoing war in Ukraine
>>>if Russia
>>>would "make a greater effort to reduce emissions."
>>>
>>>"If Russia wanted to show good faith, they could go out and
>>>announce what
>>>their reductions are going to be and make a greater effort to
>>>reduce emissions now," Kerry said during a foreign press briefing
>>>on Tuesday in Washington, D.C., his last as the SPEC, as he
>>>departed from the position Wednesday to reportedly join President
>>>Biden's presidential re-election campaign.
>>>
>>>"Maybe that would open up the door for people to feel better
>>>about what Russia is choosing to do at this point in time," he
>>>said.
>>>
>>>https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-kerry-says-people-feel-better-about-ukraine-war-russia-reduce-emissions
>>
>>It does sound stupid. I guess it shows how years doing his
>>environmental job has made him verrry centered on the environment.
>>I looked a little for an article with more context but didn't find
>>one.
>
>My apologies. (Now if only Fox would apologize.)
>
>Well, no wonder I didnt' find the link Scott found, because Kerry
>didn't use the words Fox and other right-wing sites attributed to
>him. And for lack of time, that's all I searched on.
>
>So Fox and others are still lying, but carefully, since this sort of
>misquoting or distortion I don't think can give rise to a successful
>lawsuit.

I watched the video of his press announcement. He said exactly what is
quoted in the original post. The State Department release is
addressing a different question.

--
"When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut." ~ Will Rogers

Re: OT: how to feel better about russia

<b9ckuidmqvgi41pllhj9h6njo5mutbjmgc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55977&group=alt.home.repair#55977

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 16:28:53 -0500
 by: micky - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 21:28 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 7 Mar 2024 21:21:33 -0000 (UTC),
"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>
>>In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 07 Mar 2024 13:58:36 -0500, micky
>><NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>>>It does sound stupid. I guess it shows how years doing his
>>>environmental job has made him verrry centered on the environment.
>>>I looked a little for an article with more context but didn't find
>>>one.
>>
>>My apologies. (Now if only Fox would apologize.)
>>
>>Well, no wonder I didnt' find the link Scott found, because Kerry
>>didn't use the words Fox and other right-wing sites attributed to
>>him. And for lack of time, that's all I searched on.
>>
>>So Fox and others are still lying, but carefully, since this sort of
>>misquoting or distortion I don't think can give rise to a successful
>>lawsuit.
>

>I watched the video of his press announcement. He said exactly what is
>quoted in the original post. The State Department release is
>addressing a different question.

My apologies again. I'm apologizing all day today. I should make an
emoji to apologize for me. But I can retract my first apology. It
does sound stupid.

Re: OT: how to feel better about russia

<uslcrl$36p0q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=56118&group=alt.home.repair#56118

From: bou...@rorke.za (Colour Sergeant Bourne)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 18:39:49 -0400
 by: Colour Sergeant Bour - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 22:39 UTC

On 3/7/24 11:24 AM, badgolferman wrote:
> Please tell me your opinion of this statement.
>
> ———————
>
> Outgoing Special Presidential Envoy for Climate (SPEC) John Kerry
> claimed
> that people would "feel better" about the ongoing war in Ukraine if
> Russia
> would "make a greater effort to reduce emissions."
>
> "If Russia wanted to show good faith, they could go out and announce
> what
> their reductions are going to be and make a greater effort to reduce
> emissions now," Kerry said during a foreign press briefing on Tuesday in
> Washington, D.C., his last as the SPEC, as he departed from the position
> Wednesday to reportedly join President Biden's presidential re-election
> campaign.
>
> "Maybe that would open up the door for people to feel better about what
> Russia is choosing to do at this point in time," he said.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-kerry-says-people-feel-better-about-ukraine-war-russia-reduce-emissions

Just more of the internet inventor's liberal idiocy ;-)

--
Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.