One man's constant is another man's variable. -- A. J. Perlis

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement

SubjectAuthor
* OTWwho cites the 8th Amendementmicky
+* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementFrank
|+* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
||+- Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementFrank
||`* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementBob F
|| +* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementSnag
|| |`* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementScott Lurndal
|| | `- Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendementmicky
|| +- Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementBen Verified - ✅
|| `* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendementmicky
||  `* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementFrank
||   `* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementScott Lurndal
||    `- Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
|`* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementScott Lurndal
| +* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementFrank
| |+* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementScott Lurndal
| ||+- Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
| ||+* Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementSnag
| ||`- Re: OTWwho cites the 8th AmendementFrank
| |`- Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
| `- Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
`- Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅

Pages:12
Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement

<urasjr$nbsa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55589&group=alt.home.repair#55589

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 14:44:56 -0500
 by: Frank - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 19:44 UTC

On 2/23/2024 12:34 PM, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 22 Feb 2024 07:57:51 -0800, Bob F
> <bobnospam@gmail.com> wrote:

>> He was allowed a jury trial. He CHOSE not to request one.
>
> Frank may well have honestly believed what he just said about no jury
> trial, but Frank should take a lesson from this, that if he only listens
> to trump-leaning sources, he won't hear the whole story, or he'll even
> hear an inaccurate story, like this time.
>
> I heard, and it's hard for someoen to be sure of a negative, that Fox
> had not reported what trump said about letting Russia do whatever it
> wanted with NATO countries that had not paid their "dues". Could be.
> Even Fox knowws that sounds terrible.
>
>> Yes a highly prejudiced judge! Not one of those GOP ones that never
>> rules against a rich guy when they commit a CRIME.
>>

>>> A jury trial is for serious criminal cases. Falsifying business records
>>> is not a serious criminal case. Just slap him with hefty fines until he
>>> learns not to do it again.
>>
>> He is a slow learner. $5 M penalty, walks out the door and re-offends.
>> Let's see says the judge to the next jury, "what will it take to
>> convince him he can't keep doing this".
>
> Maybe 320 million next time. He's already again claiming he didn't
> know her but he didn't say who he didn't know or what she had done. He
> just said, roughly, "What about hat woman last week". He seems to think
> that if he doesnt' give her name, that helps him, and that's very true,
> but I think there's a point where if the person is firmly identifiable,
> not saying the name is not enough. I think there have already been
> such cases in many states.

>> Don't hold your breath. trump will pay it. And WHINE, WHINE, WHINE all
>> the way to the bank. What a snowflake!
>
> Yes, he will. The whole amount.
>>

>>> The long arm of the law can wait.

No jury trial as that is the way the laws are set up in New York.

The judge was highly prejudiced against Trump as shown by his social
media posts.

The penalty was also draconian considered no losses were incurred by
those Trump worked with and there was no room for appeal.

The whole thing will certainly be thrown out by higher courts but it
could take a long time.

New York is already driving out the more affluent people because of
rules and taxes and rulings like this are bound to drive out more.

I know the lefties here are happy about this as they are scared to death
in large part due to the media that Trump will become president.

By ignoring these obvious tactics of the left they are creating a
society that they will detest when it turns on them.

Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement

<_l7CN.331172$Ama9.220786@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55591&group=alt.home.repair#55591

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 20:37:14 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 20:37 UTC

Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:
>On 2/23/2024 12:34 PM, micky wrote:
>> In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 22 Feb 2024 07:57:51 -0800, Bob F
>> <bobnospam@gmail.com> wrote:

>The judge was highly prejudiced against Trump as shown by his social
>media posts.

What social media posts? Be specific, and don't bother with the
trump social bullshit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattnovak/2023/11/30/judge-engorons-wife-says-viral-screenshots-about-trump-arent-her-report/?sh=79ae65ab24f6

You are either a troll, a russian or a fool. Take your pick.

Re: OTWwho cites the 8th Amendement

<vidCN.168627$hq1.167240@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55598&group=alt.home.repair#55598

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 22:23:05 -0500
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 03:23 UTC

Scott Lurndal wrote on 2/23/2024 3:37 PM:
> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:
>> On 2/23/2024 12:34 PM, micky wrote:
>>> In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 22 Feb 2024 07:57:51 -0800, Bob F
>>> <bobnospam@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The judge was highly prejudiced against Trump as shown by his social
>> media posts.
> What social media posts? Be specific, and don't bother with the
> trump social bullshit.
>
> https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattnovak/2023/11/30/judge-engorons-wife-says-viral-screenshots-about-trump-arent-her-report/?sh=79ae65ab24f6
>
> You are either a troll, a russian or a fool. Take your pick.

Could Frank be just a foolish Russian troll?