Another good night not to sleep in a eucalyptus tree.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利

SubjectAuthor
* US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟ltlee1
+* Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚bmoore
|`* Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚ltlee1
| `- Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利bmoore
`* Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚ltlee1
 `- Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Overpleasing

1
US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利

<536b35fd-1d24-421c-9481-37e7144db47en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5418&group=soc.culture.china#5418

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 09:02:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟
重获自由看成是正义的胜利
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 16:02 UTC

"6000多万人看了孟晚舟到达深圳走下飞机的直播。老胡在推特上写道:“是的,中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利,并且相信,中国的强大国力塑造了这个结果。”
国家强大了,会招来更多麻烦,但也只有国家强大才能让我们有尊严地应对那些麻烦。遇到挑战时,我们既不用“豁出去”以卵击石,也不用为了“活下去”苟且偷生。

今天,我们的确可以为自己是中国人而很痛快、彻底地骄傲一把。"

https://weibo.com/1989660417/KzRU97HU3

Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利

<111022e2-b988-4597-bd1c-72691b6c2eden@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5426&group=soc.culture.china#5426

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 10:38:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚
舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 17:38 UTC

On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 9:02:47 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> "6000多万人看了孟晚舟到达深圳走下飞机的直播。老胡在推特上写道:“是的,中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利,并且相信,中国的强大国力塑造了这个结果。”
> 国家强大了,会招来更多麻烦,但也只有国家强大才能让我们有尊严地应对那些麻烦。遇到挑战时,我们既不用“豁出去”以卵击石,也不用为了“活下去”苟且偷生。
> 今天,我们的确可以为自己是中国人而很痛快、彻底地骄傲一把。"
> https://weibo.com/1989660417/KzRU97HU3
https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/02/17/why-hostage-diplomacy-works/
A third reason to seize innocent victims, of course, is the familiar logic of tit-for-tat. China’s detention of the two Michaels is clearly an act of retaliation for Canada’s imposition of house arrest on Huawei’s Meng Wanzhou. Here the response is intended either to gain assets that can be exchanged later for the release of the initial detainee or to impose costs on the other side and thus deter similar actions in the future.

Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利

<cf78fa86-e797-43d1-95ac-de3b485d549dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5427&group=soc.culture.china#5427

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 12:24:55 -0700 (PDT)
舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 19:24 UTC

On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 5:38:14 PM UTC, bmoore wrote:
> On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 9:02:47 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "6000多万人看了孟晚舟到达深圳走下飞机的直播。老胡在推特上写道:“是的,中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利,并且相信,中国的强大国力塑造了这个结果。”
> > 国家强大了,会招来更多麻烦,但也只有国家强大才能让我们有尊严地应对那些麻烦。遇到挑战时,我们既不用“豁出去”以卵击石,也不用为了“活下去”苟且偷生。
> > 今天,我们的确可以为自己是中国人而很痛快、彻底地骄傲一把。"
> > https://weibo.com/1989660417/KzRU97HU3
> https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/02/17/why-hostage-diplomacy-works/
>
> A third reason to seize innocent victims, of course, is the familiar logic of tit-for-tat. China’s detention of the two Michaels is clearly an act of retaliation for Canada’s imposition of house arrest on Huawei’s Meng Wanzhou. Here the response is intended either to gain assets that can be exchanged later for the release of the initial detainee or to impose costs on the other side and thus deter similar actions in the future.
Stephen Walt is a scholar in international politics. However, he does not appear to have
deep knowledge and understanding of China. I will read him to understand the US. Will
not read him to know China.
Anyway, Meng and the two Michaels are apples and oranges. Not really comparable.
In Meng's case, the US had chosen to drop the case. And of course, Trump had
made it clear that she was arrested for political reason from the beginning. In
contrast, the two Michaels had confessed their guilt and were released on bail
for “medical reasons” per Global Times.

Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利

<b1a5a84a-367a-4856-97a7-e9b14c76b98bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5428&group=soc.culture.china#5428

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 12:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 19:29 UTC

On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 4:02:47 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> "6000多万人看了孟晚舟到达深圳走下飞机的直播。老胡在推特上写道:“是的,中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利,并且相信,中国的强大国力塑造了这个结果。”
> 国家强大了,会招来更多麻烦,但也只有国家强大才能让我们有尊严地应对那些麻烦。遇到挑战时,我们既不用“豁出去”以卵击石,也不用为了“活下去”苟且偷生。
> 今天,我们的确可以为自己是中国人而很痛快、彻底地骄傲一把。"
> https://weibo.com/1989660417/KzRU97HU3
"It has been clear from the start that the Trump administration considers the matter to be in the realm of geopolitics. That is why Ms. Meng was personally targeted when the normal U.S. practice in similar matters is to charge the corporation, not the individual. The U.S. government would not have informed the highest levels of the Canadian government of its intentions before Ms. Meng’s arrest if it had been a simple matter of ordinary criminal law. When President Donald Trump suggested that he might use Ms. Meng as a pawn in his trade dispute with China, he merely corroborated the theory that the reason for the extradition request was political. There can be no doubt that for Mr. Trump the Meng case remains a potential bargaining chip in his trade negotiations with the Chinese."
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-want-to-bring-the-michaels-home-send-meng-wanzhou-back-to-china/

Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利

<229a51fa-c741-4527-b022-eb5c8e22370dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5429&group=soc.culture.china#5429

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 12:35:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 19:35 UTC

On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 12:24:57 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 5:38:14 PM UTC, bmoore wrote:
> > On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 9:02:47 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> > > "6000多万人看了孟晚舟到达深圳走下飞机的直播。老胡在推特上写道:“是的,中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利,并且相信,中国的强大国力塑造了这个结果。”
> > > 国家强大了,会招来更多麻烦,但也只有国家强大才能让我们有尊严地应对那些麻烦。遇到挑战时,我们既不用“豁出去”以卵击石,也不用为了“活下去”苟且偷生。
> > > 今天,我们的确可以为自己是中国人而很痛快、彻底地骄傲一把。"
> > > https://weibo.com/1989660417/KzRU97HU3
> > https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/02/17/why-hostage-diplomacy-works/
> >
> > A third reason to seize innocent victims, of course, is the familiar logic of tit-for-tat. China’s detention of the two Michaels is clearly an act of retaliation for Canada’s imposition of house arrest on Huawei’s Meng Wanzhou. Here the response is intended either to gain assets that can be exchanged later for the release of the initial detainee or to impose costs on the other side and thus deter similar actions in the future.
> Stephen Walt is a scholar in international politics. However, he does not appear to have
> deep knowledge and understanding of China. I will read him to understand the US. Will
> not read him to know China.
>
> Anyway, Meng and the two Michaels are apples and oranges. Not really comparable.
> In Meng's case, the US had chosen to drop the case. And of course, Trump had
> made it clear that she was arrested for political reason from the beginning. In
> contrast, the two Michaels had confessed their guilt and were released on bail
> for “medical reasons” per Global Times.
Wow, you really have a mental block when it comes to seeing clearly how the Chinese government operates.

Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over 中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正义的胜利

<siqvtl$td1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5432&group=soc.culture.china#5432

From: pleas...@pleasingaboutthis.com (pleasing)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: US Hostage Diplomacy is Over
中国人将孟晚舟重获自由看成是正
义的胜利
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 07:32:32 +0800
 by: pleasing - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 23:32 UTC

It is political from the start. Why so, it is because the US planned it.
They waylaid Meng and intercepted her, and detain for few years.

So now one should ask, who is the US man in which department in which the
waylaid was planned and ordered the interception.

Is it Trump who ordered it?