Stellar rays prove fibbing never pays. Embezzlement is another matter.

interests / soc.culture.china / Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...

SubjectAuthor
* Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report,Rusty Wyse
+- Re: Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report,boca
`* Re: Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report,spin
 +- Re: Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report,ltlee1
 `- Re: Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report,Rusty Wyse

1
Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...

<4689aae7-2dfb-4939-a2a2-2da91cd2fc40n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5424&group=soc.culture.china#5424

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 10:22:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report,
prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 17:22 UTC

Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taiwanese-u-insist-identity-not-083013422.html

Re: Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...

<siurre$1e2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5466&group=soc.culture.china#5466

From: toi...@tr.com (boca)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 18:47:38 +0800
 by: boca - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:47 UTC

On 27/9/2021 1:22 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/news/taiwanese-u-insist-identity-not-083013422.html

Across the world there are many Chinese nationals from big and smaller
cities in provinces in China.

Some from Fujian, Guangdong, Guangzhou, Dongguan, Guangxi, Chaozhou,
Guilin, Guizhou, Guizhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Xiaman, Xian, Suzhou,
Xinjiang, Jiangxi, Kunming, Changsha, Hangzhou, Wuhan, Ningbo, Chengdu,
Chongqing, Macau, Hong Kong.

They are many hundreds more big and smaller and small cities and
counties and villages.

All the people sometimes called themselves from China. Sometimes, the
called themselves as people from those cities or provinces, whichever,
is convenient.

They used their city or provincial name to associate them from their
culture, slang, voice, tone, dialect, skill, food, and many other
characteristic culture, too.

Therefore, it can't change the fact that Taiwanese is one of Chinese
nationals.

Taiwanese is from Taiwan, which is part of China. Taiwan is one of the
islands around Fujian province, as part of the province of Fujian, China.

However, Taiwanese is trying to separate themselves from the chafes as
they want to distance away as being separate people of their own kinds
when they are abroad in order to differentiate from Chinese nationals.

Now, they are delighted to see the statistic is changed to bring
Taiwanese out of the Chinese nationals in the statistic book of record.

This is political, as it is one of the political moves by US to isolate
China away from Taiwan.

They want to take to Taiwanese in the US from lumping with Chinese
nationals in their statistics.

Henceforth, this is vendetta of US to use Taiwanese in US as their tools
to separate their race and whitewash away as Chinese nationals in China.

Re: Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...

<siuufl$kop$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5468&group=soc.culture.china#5468

From: toi...@tr.com (spin)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 19:32:34 +0800
 by: spin - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:32 UTC

On 27/9/2021 1:22 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/news/taiwanese-u-insist-identity-not-083013422.html

Those Chinese living in US for some years already and has citizenship is
called as American.

But when they were met with their white is called as American-Chinese.

Hence, those Taiwanese-Chinese in US should not self-identified as mere
Taiwanese.

Rather they should identify themselves not as Taiwanese but as an
American, as they have already American citizenship, instead.

Re: Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...

<8ba5e0e3-9ec8-4302-82ea-7c6008b0f80bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5469&group=soc.culture.china#5469

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 05:28:37 -0700 (PDT)
prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 12:28 UTC

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 11:32:09 AM UTC, spin wrote:
> On 27/9/2021 1:22 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> > Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...
> >
> > https://www.yahoo.com/news/taiwanese-u-insist-identity-not-083013422.html
> >
> Those Chinese living in US for some years already and has citizenship is
> called as American.
>
> But when they were met with their white is called as American-Chinese.
>
> Hence, those Taiwanese-Chinese in US should not self-identified as mere
> Taiwanese.
>
> Rather they should identify themselves not as Taiwanese but as an
> American, as they have already American citizenship, instead.

Taiwan independent minded Chinese had tried to establish Taiwanese as an
ethnic group through genetic studies. Research results were not convincing.
Linguistically speaking, Taiwan is also diverse. I once walked into a video store,
videos for Taiwanese had at least three local dialects besides Mandarin. Taiwanese
only belong to the same group because they are all Chinese.

BTW, surveys could be ordered. A certainly lady had order one, either $1000 or
$3000 for 3 questions about 20 years ago. She then wrote a book about the
survey results. Basically, survey results could be predetermined depending on a
hosts of factors/manipulations.

Re: Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...

<7f5977a6-bf73-4448-9fd0-9d7ed0ec0bden@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5475&group=soc.culture.china#5475

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 09:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 16:04 UTC

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 4:32:09 AM UTC-7, spin wrote:
> On 27/9/2021 1:22 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> > Self-identified Taiwanese lumped in with Chinese in Pew report, prompting backlash - Differences mean confrontation, separation, war, killing,...
> >
> > https://www.yahoo.com/news/taiwanese-u-insist-identity-not-083013422.html
> >
> Those Chinese living in US for some years already and has citizenship is
> called as American.
>
> But when they were met with their white is called as American-Chinese.

Their white Americans call them Chinese-Americans.