Never, ever lie to someone you love unless you're absolutely sure they'll never find out the truth.

interests / alt.home.repair / Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

SubjectAuthor
* Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onArghArgh
+- Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onDean
+* Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onz38.310
|`* Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onClare Snyder
| `* Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onSnag
|  `* Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onArghArgh
|   +* Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onRalph Mowery
|   |`- Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onClare Snyder
|   +* Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onhubops
|   |`- Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onClare Snyder
|   +* Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onHiram T Schwantz
|   |`- Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke oncshenk
|   `- Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onFrank
`* Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onBob F
 `* Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke ontrader_4
  `* Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onRalph Mowery
   `* Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onBob F
    `- Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke onRalph Mowery

1
Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<f383d0fa-8052-4e58-af2a-75d12e5d8ee3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53711&group=alt.home.repair#53711

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 14:28:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on
From: timn...@gmail.com (ArghArgh)
 by: ArghArgh - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 22:28 UTC

I've had this pretty beefy machine for 3 years, given the lack of snow in the northeast I've used it maybe eight times.

First snowfall yesterday. It wouldn't start (tank was empty and stabil run through it last year). Just put in fresh gas, and let the carb float drain for a bit it started right up.

However, using it today it runs smooth but requires I keep the choke on and the RPMs are really low (like I moved the throttle to its lowest point). Did the job but clearly isn't running optimally.

Ideas how to troubleshoot?

Thanks.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<12c27710-03ca-481b-a8c8-ffe787c25904n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53713&group=alt.home.repair#53713

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:00:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with
choke on
From: hoffman5...@gmail.com (Dean)
 by: Dean - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 23:00 UTC

On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 4:28:21 PM UTC-6, ArghArgh wrote:
> I've had this pretty beefy machine for 3 years, given the lack of snow in the northeaer st I've used it maybe eight times.
>
> First snowfall yesterday. It wouldn't start (tank was empty and stabil run through it last year). Just put in fresh gas, and let the carb float drain for a bit it started right up.
>
> However, using it today it runs smooth but requires I keep the choke on and the RPMs are really low (like I moved the throttle to its lowest point). Did the job but clearly isn't running optimally.
>
> Ideas how to troubleshoot?
>
> Thanks.

It sounds like the blower isn't getting enough fuel to work under load. Is there a fuel filter on it? Does it have a sediment bowl with a filter screen? Is the screen possibly plugged? Can you use some sort of compressed air to blow the line from the carburetor
to the fuel tank? What happens if you loosen or remove the fuel tank cap?

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<bbImN.144251$p%Mb.28706@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53719&group=alt.home.repair#53719

choke on
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: purebl...@z28.310 (z38.310)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:25:54 -0500
 by: z38.310 - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 01:25 UTC

ArghArgh wrote:
> I've had this pretty beefy machine for 3 years, given the lack of snow in the northeast I've used it maybe eight times.
>
> First snowfall yesterday. It wouldn't start (tank was empty and stabil run through it last year). Just put in fresh gas, and let the carb float drain for a bit it started right up.
>
> However, using it today it runs smooth but requires I keep the choke on and the RPMs are really low (like I moved the throttle to its lowest point). Did the job but clearly isn't running optimally.
>
> Ideas how to troubleshoot?
>
> Thanks.

That happened to me right after gasohol hit the market.
I had to disassemble the carb and clean it out.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<unfr3j$1doeg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53724&group=alt.home.repair#53724

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
choke on
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:44:41 -0800
 by: Bob F - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 03:44 UTC

On 1/7/2024 2:28 PM, ArghArgh wrote:
> I've had this pretty beefy machine for 3 years, given the lack of snow in the northeast I've used it maybe eight times.
>
> First snowfall yesterday. It wouldn't start (tank was empty and stabil run through it last year). Just put in fresh gas, and let the carb float drain for a bit it started right up.
>
> However, using it today it runs smooth but requires I keep the choke on and the RPMs are really low (like I moved the throttle to its lowest point). Did the job but clearly isn't running optimally.
>
> Ideas how to troubleshoot?
>
> Thanks.
Plugged main jet. Clean that jet. Clean the carb. Something like that.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<e85c1d0a-f4f5-47c0-b373-5fab7ff87e2an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53736&group=alt.home.repair#53736

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 07:00:54 -0800 (PST)
choke on
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 15:00 UTC

On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 10:44:58 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
> On 1/7/2024 2:28 PM, ArghArgh wrote:
> > I've had this pretty beefy machine for 3 years, given the lack of snow in the northeast I've used it maybe eight times.
> >
> > First snowfall yesterday. It wouldn't start (tank was empty and stabil run through it last year). Just put in fresh gas, and let the carb float drain for a bit it started right up.
> >
> > However, using it today it runs smooth but requires I keep the choke on and the RPMs are really low (like I moved the throttle to its lowest point). Did the job but clearly isn't running optimally.
> >
> > Ideas how to troubleshoot?
> >
> > Thanks.
> Plugged main jet. Clean that jet. Clean the carb. Something like that.

There are carb rebuild kits for many carbs on Ebay for like $10. They give you
gaskets, new float valve pin, welch plugs, etc.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<MPG.4005df0693264d93989eda@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53739&group=alt.home.repair#53739

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 10:30:28 -0500
 by: Ralph Mowery - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 15:30 UTC

In article <e85c1d0a-f4f5-47c0-b373-5fab7ff87e2an@googlegroups.com>,
trader4@optonline.net says...

> > > Ideas how to troubleshoot?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > Plugged main jet. Clean that jet. Clean the carb. Something like that.
>
> There are carb rebuild kits for many carbs on Ebay for like $10. They give you
> gaskets, new float valve pin, welch plugs, etc.

Often for under $ 20 you can get the whole carb, gaskets and some other
parts. Instead of rebuilding some small engine carbs I just replace
them along with the other parts that come with it such as the primer
bulb and fuel lines.
Just not that extra $ 5 to $ 10 to take the time to do the rebuilding if
the whole carb is avaliable for that
..

A quick look shows up lots of carbs with some extra parts for $ 11
including shipping. Hard to believe those things are so inexpensive.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<unhimj$1l8a4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53752&group=alt.home.repair#53752

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
choke on
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 11:33:28 -0800
 by: Bob F - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 19:33 UTC

On 1/8/2024 7:30 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> In article <e85c1d0a-f4f5-47c0-b373-5fab7ff87e2an@googlegroups.com>,
> trader4@optonline.net says...

>>> Plugged main jet. Clean that jet. Clean the carb. Something like that.
>>
>> There are carb rebuild kits for many carbs on Ebay for like $10. They give you
>> gaskets, new float valve pin, welch plugs, etc.
>>

> Often for under $ 20 you can get the whole carb, gaskets and some other
> parts. Instead of rebuilding some small engine carbs I just replace
> them along with the other parts that come with it such as the primer
> bulb and fuel lines.
> Just not that extra $ 5 to $ 10 to take the time to do the rebuilding if
> the whole carb is avaliable for that
> .
>
> A quick look shows up lots of carbs with some extra parts for $ 11
> including shipping. Hard to believe those things are so inexpensive.

But then again, I can clean the main jet on my lawnmower in a few
minutes, far faster than I can change the carb that took 2 weeks to get
after I ordered it.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<MPG.400633e1d4531e62989edd@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53757&group=alt.home.repair#53757

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 16:32:04 -0500
 by: Ralph Mowery - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 21:32 UTC

In article <unhimj$1l8a4$1@dont-email.me>, bobnospam@gmail.com says...

> > A quick look shows up lots of carbs with some extra parts for $ 11
> > including shipping. Hard to believe those things are so inexpensive.
>
> But then again, I can clean the main jet on my lawnmower in a few
> minutes, far faster than I can change the carb that took 2 weeks to get
> after I ordered it.

True you can. But what if it is not the main jet but one of the parts
that the ethanol gas messed up or a gasket gets messed up.

I have no problem with working on a carb if you want or need it like the
snow blower. Many things I ordered off ebay from the US suppliers arrive
in a week or less.

It all depends on the engine. Some like my generator has a bolt that
holds the bowl of the carb on. It also has some places for the gas to
go that can be cleaned and may solve a problem. I believe Trader was
thinking of a complete rebuild the same as I was.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<f47ppihebmphbutjn7fc18icanufa6nnbb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53770&group=alt.home.repair#53770

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 20:11:03 -0500
 by: Clare Snyder - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 01:11 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:25:54 -0500, "z38.310" <pureblood@z28.310>
wrote:

>ArghArgh wrote:
>> I've had this pretty beefy machine for 3 years, given the lack of snow in the northeast I've used it maybe eight times.
>>
>> First snowfall yesterday. It wouldn't start (tank was empty and stabil run through it last year). Just put in fresh gas, and let the carb float drain for a bit it started right up.
>>
>> However, using it today it runs smooth but requires I keep the choke on and the RPMs are really low (like I moved the throttle to its lowest point). Did the job but clearly isn't running optimally.
>>
>> Ideas how to troubleshoot?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>That happened to me right after gasohol hit the market.
>I had to disassemble the carb and clean it out.

1 worf - SEAFOAM. put about 3 oz id seafoam in a tank of fresh gas and
run it on choke untill you can keep it running with no choke as the
seafoam "reams out" the crap in the jets of the carb - then use as per
instructions on your gas all season - then put a couple oz in the tank
of fuel when put in storage.

IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<ppbnN.213187$83n7.158731@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53771&group=alt.home.repair#53771

choke on
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 06:57:58 -0600
 by: Snag - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 12:57 UTC

On 1/8/2024 7:11 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:25:54 -0500, "z38.310" <pureblood@z28.310>
> wrote:
>
>> ArghArgh wrote:
>>> I've had this pretty beefy machine for 3 years, given the lack of snow in the northeast I've used it maybe eight times.
>>>
>>> First snowfall yesterday. It wouldn't start (tank was empty and stabil run through it last year). Just put in fresh gas, and let the carb float drain for a bit it started right up.
>>>
>>> However, using it today it runs smooth but requires I keep the choke on and the RPMs are really low (like I moved the throttle to its lowest point). Did the job but clearly isn't running optimally.
>>>
>>> Ideas how to troubleshoot?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> That happened to me right after gasohol hit the market.
>> I had to disassemble the carb and clean it out.
>

> 1 worf - SEAFOAM. put about 3 oz id seafoam in a tank of fresh gas and
> run it on choke untill you can keep it running with no choke as the
> seafoam "reams out" the crap in the jets of the carb - then use as per
> instructions on your gas all season - then put a couple oz in the tank
> of fuel when put in storage.
>
> IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Most of the time ... sometimes you'll get bits of rust from a steel
float bowl , the only solution is mechanical removal . The small
diaphragm carbs are now so cheap I just replace them if Seafoam won't
clear up the problem .
--
Snag
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<e5526958-da6a-437e-a3e7-862b390b8df0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55086&group=alt.home.repair#55086

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 10:38:35 -0800 (PST)
choke on
From: timn...@gmail.com (ArghArgh)
 by: ArghArgh - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:38 UTC

On Tuesday, January 9, 2024 at 7:58:04 AM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
> On 1/8/2024 7:11 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:25:54 -0500, "z38.310" <pure...@z28.310>
> > wrote:

> >> That happened to me right after gasohol hit the market.
> >> I had to disassemble the carb and clean it out.
> >

> > 1 worf - SEAFOAM. put about 3 oz id seafoam in a tank of fresh gas and
> > run it on choke untill you can keep it running with no choke as the
> > seafoam "reams out" the crap in the jets of the carb - then use as per
> > instructions on your gas all season - then put a couple oz in the tank
> > of fuel when put in storage.
> >
> > IT WORKS!!!!!!!
> >
> Most of the time ... sometimes you'll get bits of rust from a steel
> float bowl , the only solution is mechanical removal . The small
> diaphragm carbs are now so cheap I just replace them if Seafoam won't
> clear up the problem .
> --
> Snag
> Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

This thing is effectively brand new used 7 times now. I tried running a quart of seafoam thru it I still had to leave it on choke to keep it running, after about 10 minutes it did start to chug a bit, but still couldn't bring off choke or it would stall. Kicking myself in the a$$ for leaving gas in it for 6 months over the first summer.
If it can't come off choke, what part of carb might be malfunctioning?
Thanks.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<MPG.403199165a30e543989f1a@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55089&group=alt.home.repair#55089

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 14:31:23 -0500
 by: Ralph Mowery - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 19:31 UTC

In article <e5526958-da6a-437e-a3e7-862b390b8df0n@googlegroups.com>,
timnels@gmail.com says...

> This thing is effectively brand new used 7 times now. I tried running a quart of seafoam thru it I still had to leave it on choke to keep it running, after about 10 minutes it did start to chug a bit, but still couldn't bring off choke or it would stall. Kicking myself in the a$$ for leaving gas in it for 6 months over the first
summer.
> If it can't come off choke, what part of carb might be malfunctioning?
> Thanks.

There is probably a small hole called a jet that is plugged up. Look on
Youtube and see the many vidios that tell how to take a carborator like
the engine on yours has. You normmally have to take the carborator odd
and run a very small wire through it to clear the blockage. The wire
will be about the size of the wire twist that comes on some bread
packages after you burn off the paper.

When running poorly with the choke on is usually a sign of not enough
gas. Unless you have had the carborator off and a gasket is leaking
air.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<3rlfsi1pd24514q2n7clhcrli5mke43e0n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55095&group=alt.home.repair#55095

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:11:02 -0500
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 20:11 UTC

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 10:38:35 -0800 (PST), ArghArgh <timnels@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 9, 2024 at 7:58:04?AM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
>> On 1/8/2024 7:11 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

>> > 1 worf - SEAFOAM. put about 3 oz id seafoam in a tank of fresh gas and
>> > run it on choke untill you can keep it running with no choke as the
>> > seafoam "reams out" the crap in the jets of the carb - then use as per
>> > instructions on your gas all season - then put a couple oz in the tank
>> > of fuel when put in storage.
>> >
>> > IT WORKS!!!!!!!
>> >
>> Most of the time ... sometimes you'll get bits of rust from a steel
>> float bowl , the only solution is mechanical removal . The small
>> diaphragm carbs are now so cheap I just replace them if Seafoam won't
>> clear up the problem .
>> --
>> Snag
>> Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
>
>This thing is effectively brand new used 7 times now. I tried running a quart of seafoam thru it I still had to leave it on choke to keep it running, after about 10 minutes it did start to chug a bit, but still couldn't bring off choke or it would stall. Kicking myself in the a$$ for leaving gas in it for 6 months over the first summer.
>If it can't come off choke, what part of carb might be malfunctioning?
>Thanks.

Running it on full choke for extended periods will
flood the crankcase with gasoline.
... diluting the oil - a bad thing.
You can ruin your engine with this behavior.
Address the problem.
John T.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<vvggsilegaotbv0tropkpgg2p4iid1iqho@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55118&group=alt.home.repair#55118

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 22:52:35 -0500
 by: Clare Snyder - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 03:52 UTC

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 14:31:23 -0500, Ralph Mowery
<rmowery42@charter.net> wrote:

>In article <e5526958-da6a-437e-a3e7-862b390b8df0n@googlegroups.com>,
>timnels@gmail.com says...
>>
>> This thing is effectively brand new used 7 times now. I tried running a quart of seafoam thru it I still had to leave it on choke to keep it running, after about 10 minutes it did start to chug a bit, but still couldn't bring off choke or it would stall. Kicking myself in the a$$ for leaving gas in it for 6 months over the first
>summer.
>> If it can't come off choke, what part of carb might be malfunctioning?
>> Thanks.
>>

>There is probably a small hole called a jet that is plugged up. Look on
>Youtube and see the many vidios that tell how to take a carborator like
>the engine on yours has. You normmally have to take the carborator odd
>and run a very small wire through it to clear the blockage. The wire
>will be about the size of the wire twist that comes on some bread
>packages after you burn off the paper.
>
>When running poorly with the choke on is usually a sign of not enough
>gas. Unless you have had the carborator off and a gasket is leaking
>air.
I've had VERY GOOD results putting SeaFoam in the gas and running it
on choke until the jet clears. Out of the last 10 or so I've serviced
for that problem I've only had to open the carb on 2? - Maybe 3 - 2
of which had water in the bowl.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<f5hgsitunmr4f320o8nlkl5on92lb994ul@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55119&group=alt.home.repair#55119

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 22:54:42 -0500
 by: Clare Snyder - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 03:54 UTC

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:11:02 -0500, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 10:38:35 -0800 (PST), ArghArgh <timnels@gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>> Most of the time ... sometimes you'll get bits of rust from a steel
>>> float bowl , the only solution is mechanical removal . The small
>>> diaphragm carbs are now so cheap I just replace them if Seafoam won't
>>> clear up the problem .
>>> --
>>> Snag
>>> Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
>>
>>This thing is effectively brand new used 7 times now. I tried running a quart of seafoam thru it I still had to leave it on choke to keep it running, after about 10 minutes it did start to chug a bit, but still couldn't bring off choke or it would stall. Kicking myself in the a$$ for leaving gas in it for 6 months over the first summer.
>>If it can't come off choke, what part of carb might be malfunctioning?
>>Thanks.
>>

> Running it on full choke for extended periods will
>flood the crankcase with gasoline.
> ... diluting the oil - a bad thing.
>You can ruin your engine with this behavior.
> Address the problem.
> John T.
With plugged jets the choke doesn't dlood the engine becuse it just
makes the mixture almost as string as it should be. You need to back
the choke off bit by bit as the sea-foem opens the jet

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<0fsEN.103682$Sf59.41056@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55792&group=alt.home.repair#55792

From: hiramtsc...@gmail.com (Hiram T Schwantz)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 17:01:32 -0500
 by: Hiram T Schwantz - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 22:01 UTC

On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 10:38:35 -0800 (PST), ArghArgh posted for all of us to
digest...

> This thing is effectively brand new used 7 times now. I tried running a quart of seafoam thru it I still had to leave it on choke to keep it running, after about 10 minutes it did start to chug a bit, but still couldn't bring off choke or it would stall. Kicking myself in the a$$ for leaving gas in
it for 6 months over the first summer.
> If it can't come off choke, what part of carb might be malfunctioning?
> Thanks.

Watch Chickanic (sp) on U tube. I believe your issue is one of her latest vids.

--
Hiram

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<NludnbV3ZaKn7374nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55796&group=alt.home.repair#55796

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 18:38:50 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 18:38 UTC

Hiram T Schwantz wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 10:38:35 -0800 (PST), ArghArgh posted for all of
> us to digest...
>
> > This thing is effectively brand new used 7 times now. I tried
> > running a quart of seafoam thru it I still had to leave it on choke
> > to keep it running, after about 10 minutes it did start to chug a
> > bit, but still couldn't bring off choke or it would stall. Kicking
> > myself in the a$$ for leaving gas in
> it for 6 months over the first summer.
> > If it can't come off choke, what part of carb might be
> > malfunctioning? Thanks.
>
> Watch Chickanic (sp) on U tube. I believe your issue is one of her
> latest vids.

Carburator cleaner may help if it's not too bad.

Re: Cub Cadet barely used snow thrower low RPM and must be run with choke on

<us0enp$24q28$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=55798&group=alt.home.repair#55798

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
choke on
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 19:03:03 -0500
 by: Frank - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 00:03 UTC

On 2/10/2024 1:38 PM, ArghArgh wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 9, 2024 at 7:58:04 AM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
>> On 1/8/2024 7:11 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

>>> 1 worf - SEAFOAM. put about 3 oz id seafoam in a tank of fresh gas and
>>> run it on choke untill you can keep it running with no choke as the
>>> seafoam "reams out" the crap in the jets of the carb - then use as per
>>> instructions on your gas all season - then put a couple oz in the tank
>>> of fuel when put in storage.
>>>
>>> IT WORKS!!!!!!!
>>>
>> Most of the time ... sometimes you'll get bits of rust from a steel
>> float bowl , the only solution is mechanical removal . The small
>> diaphragm carbs are now so cheap I just replace them if Seafoam won't
>> clear up the problem .
>> --
>> Snag
>> Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
>
> This thing is effectively brand new used 7 times now. I tried running a quart of seafoam thru it I still had to leave it on choke to keep it running, after about 10 minutes it did start to chug a bit, but still couldn't bring off choke or it would stall. Kicking myself in the a$$ for leaving gas in it for 6 months over the first summer.
> If it can't come off choke, what part of carb might be malfunctioning?
> Thanks.

It has been years ago that my snow thrower would not start after leaving
gas with sta-bil in it. I had the shop work on it and apparently was
leaving gas with ethanol in it which messes it up. Someone else said
depending on carburetor gas could evaporate leaving sludge.

Recently my generator needed choke to run but Sea Foam took care of it.
I can leave gas in generator because it has a shut off valve to
carburetor which I run empty. Snow thrower does not have one and I
siphon gas and run dry.