As crazy as hauling timber into the woods. -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

SubjectAuthor
* F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel WarnsRusty Wyse
`* Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warnshigh noon
 `* Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel WarnsRusty Wyse
  `* Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warnsseki
   `* Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel WarnsRusty Wyse
    `* Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warnsgold
     `- Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel WarnsRusty Wyse

1
F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

<ea046398-a925-4bce-9b83-c2c5650ec3f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5141&group=soc.culture.china#5141

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 09:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:52 UTC

F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/f-35-risks-falling-behind-china-and-russia-defenses-panel-warns/ar-AAOtfSf?ocid=msedgntp

Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

<si1avt$q32$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5182&group=soc.culture.china#5182

From: noo...@nooone.com (high noon)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:01:50 +0800
 by: high noon - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 06:01 UTC

F-35 is a "one-way trip" fighter plane.

The engine blade is "cracking up" with material defects in it. There is
blade imbalances caused by warping and distortion from it.

The imbalanced blades will wobble the blades as induced rotational stresses
will cause misalignment on the supporting turbine shaft .

It will seize when the oil glands in the bearing is clogged. The bearing
will get hot and will be over heated and catch fire.

It will alarm the plane to shut down the engine. That means the plane
cannot fly too far from the landing strip.

It will have to hurry back to land. After that, the F-35 is going to the
museum in the storage dessert.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/f-35-risks-falling-behind-china-and-russia-defenses-panel-warns/ar-AAOtfSf?ocid=msedgntp

Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

<cc592c1d-675e-49a4-a615-b84ef34d2b2en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5194&group=soc.culture.china#5194

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:08:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:08 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis%E2%80%93Monthan_Air_Force_Base#/media/File:US_Navy_040204-N-3122S-004_An_aerial_image_of_the_Aerospace_Maintenance_and_Regeneration_Center_(AMARC)_located_on_the_Davis-Monthan_Air_Force_Base_in_Tucson,_Ariz.jpg

> "Rusty Wyse" wrote in message
> F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/f-35-risks-falling-behind-china-and-russia-defenses-panel-warns/ar-AAOtfSf?ocid=msedgntp

Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

<si573q$nca$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5218&group=soc.culture.china#5218

From: sek...@sekiiwe.com (seki)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 01:10:11 +0800
 by: seki - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 17:10 UTC

Oh my god, this is mindboggling seeing huge number of planes retired in the
huge dessert in Tucson, Arizona. This place could be near to where you lived
in Merced or your previous home in Arizona capital, Phoenix, right?

In the pages shown, it is a sight in just looking at the organised displays
of huge number of redundant and retired jet fighters, warplanes, among
others. When In the night, as there is not street lightings that seen there
in the pictures, the sights of these retired planes look eerie.

These planes retired there stand out like asking their neighbours "what are
they going to do to them". Maybe they keep them there was because they have
a lot of spaces in the dessert. The warm inland air temperature and the dry
weather keep the planes from rusting

The very low humidity in the atmosphere is very suitable for a open display
museum of planes and vehicles. It is very likely they kept the planes as
spare parts for other workable planes that still in use in the air force or
elsewhere in other allied countries.

These planes parked in the dessert for so long are not able to fly anymore.
The gauges are jammed and turbine blades in the engine are jammed. Most of
the parts are seized up and jammed.

These old planes should be scrapped for melting pot in the furnace. They
should just a few as memento pieces for their own cherishing memories and
admirations of designs and usages.

Otherwise, they should just sell the balance to a scrap yard for disassembly
and stripping of parts and kept them as spare parts in the inventory list
for the planes that still in use by them or by other countries.

If they want to keep them as workable plane for flying enjoyment, they
should ship to China for refurbishment. China has the skills and affordable
costs to do that for US if US wants to keep them in good working order.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 11:01:35 PM UTC-7, high noon wrote:
> F-35 is a "one-way trip" fighter plane.
>
> The engine blade is "cracking up" with material defects in it. There is
> blade imbalances caused by warping and distortion from it.
>
> The imbalanced blades will wobble the blades as induced rotational
> stresses
> will cause misalignment on the supporting turbine shaft .
>
> It will seize when the oil glands in the bearing is clogged. The bearing
> will get hot and will be over heated and catch fire.
>
> It will alarm the plane to shut down the engine. That means the plane
> cannot fly too far from the landing strip.
>
> It will have to hurry back to land. After that, the F-35 is going to the
> museum in the storage dessert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis%E2%80%93Monthan_Air_Force_Base#/media/File:US_Navy_040204-N-3122S-004_An_aerial_image_of_the_Aerospace_Maintenance_and_Regeneration_Center_(AMARC)_located_on_the_Davis-Monthan_Air_Force_Base_in_Tucson,_Ariz.jpg

> "Rusty Wyse" wrote in message
> F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/f-35-risks-falling-behind-china-and-russia-defenses-panel-warns/ar-AAOtfSf?ocid=msedgntp

Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

<95c76e06-d188-4381-9908-dc9abff85895n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5219&group=soc.culture.china#5219

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:35:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 17:35 UTC

On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 10:19:57 AM UTC-7, seki wrote:
> Oh my god, this is mindboggling seeing huge number of planes retired in the
> huge dessert in Tucson, Arizona. This place could be near to where you lived
> in Merced or your previous home in Arizona capital, Phoenix, right?
>
> In the pages shown, it is a sight in just looking at the organised displays
> of huge number of redundant and retired jet fighters, warplanes, among
> others. When In the night, as there is not street lightings that seen there
> in the pictures, the sights of these retired planes look eerie.
>
> These planes retired there stand out like asking their neighbours "what are
> they going to do to them". Maybe they keep them there was because they have
> a lot of spaces in the dessert. The warm inland air temperature and the dry
> weather keep the planes from rusting
>
> The very low humidity in the atmosphere is very suitable for a open display
> museum of planes and vehicles. It is very likely they kept the planes as
> spare parts for other workable planes that still in use in the air force or
> elsewhere in other allied countries.
>
> These planes parked in the dessert for so long are not able to fly anymore.
> The gauges are jammed and turbine blades in the engine are jammed. Most of
> the parts are seized up and jammed.
>
> These old planes should be scrapped for melting pot in the furnace. They
> should just a few as memento pieces for their own cherishing memories and
> admirations of designs and usages.
>
> Otherwise, they should just sell the balance to a scrap yard for disassembly
> and stripping of parts and kept them as spare parts in the inventory list
> for the planes that still in use by them or by other countries.
>
> If they want to keep them as workable plane for flying enjoyment, they
> should ship to China for refurbishment. China has the skills and affordable
> costs to do that for US if US wants to keep them in good working order.

They are still good, useable planes...
Just too many...

> "Rusty Wyse" wrote in message
> On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 11:01:35 PM UTC-7, high noon wrote:
> > F-35 is a "one-way trip" fighter plane.
> >
> > The engine blade is "cracking up" with material defects in it. There is
> > blade imbalances caused by warping and distortion from it.
> >
> > The imbalanced blades will wobble the blades as induced rotational
> > stresses
> > will cause misalignment on the supporting turbine shaft .
> >
> > It will seize when the oil glands in the bearing is clogged. The bearing
> > will get hot and will be over heated and catch fire.
> >
> > It will alarm the plane to shut down the engine. That means the plane
> > cannot fly too far from the landing strip.
> >
> > It will have to hurry back to land. After that, the F-35 is going to the
> > museum in the storage dessert.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis%E2%80%93Monthan_Air_Force_Base#/media/File:US_Navy_040204-N-3122S-004_An_aerial_image_of_the_Aerospace_Maintenance_and_Regeneration_Center_(AMARC)_located_on_the_Davis-Monthan_Air_Force_Base_in_Tucson,_Ariz.jpg
> >

> > "Rusty Wyse" wrote in message
> > F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/f-35-risks-falling-behind-china-and-russia-defenses-panel-warns/ar-AAOtfSf?ocid=msedgntp

Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

<si5vk4$ksk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5227&group=soc.culture.china#5227

From: toi...@tr.com (gold)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 08:18:31 +0800
 by: gold - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 00:18 UTC

On 19/9/2021 1:35 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 10:19:57 AM UTC-7, seki wrote:
>> Oh my god, this is mindboggling seeing huge number of planes retired in the
>> huge dessert in Tucson, Arizona. This place could be near to where you lived
>> in Merced or your previous home in Arizona capital, Phoenix, right?
>>
>> In the pages shown, it is a sight in just looking at the organised displays
>> of huge number of redundant and retired jet fighters, warplanes, among
>> others. When In the night, as there is not street lightings that seen there
>> in the pictures, the sights of these retired planes look eerie.
>>
>> These planes retired there stand out like asking their neighbours "what are
>> they going to do to them". Maybe they keep them there was because they have
>> a lot of spaces in the dessert. The warm inland air temperature and the dry
>> weather keep the planes from rusting
>>
>> The very low humidity in the atmosphere is very suitable for a open display
>> museum of planes and vehicles. It is very likely they kept the planes as
>> spare parts for other workable planes that still in use in the air force or
>> elsewhere in other allied countries.
>>
>> These planes parked in the dessert for so long are not able to fly anymore.
>> The gauges are jammed and turbine blades in the engine are jammed. Most of
>> the parts are seized up and jammed.
>>
>> These old planes should be scrapped for melting pot in the furnace. They
>> should just a few as memento pieces for their own cherishing memories and
>> admirations of designs and usages.
>>
>> Otherwise, they should just sell the balance to a scrap yard for disassembly
>> and stripping of parts and kept them as spare parts in the inventory list
>> for the planes that still in use by them or by other countries.
>>
>> If they want to keep them as workable plane for flying enjoyment, they
>> should ship to China for refurbishment. China has the skills and affordable
>> costs to do that for US if US wants to keep them in good working order.
>
> They are still good, useable planes...
> Just too many...

It is over-production and under-utilized.

With so many useable planes languished in the dessert, they are worth zero.

If they service them back to working order and sold some surplus to
other countries, the money earned could be enough to pay for the repair
and replacement of infrastructures in US.

If they are still useable planes, they should continue to use it, until
it doesn't work anymore.

The F15 built in 1976 is still in use and is flying high in many countries.

The F4 Phantom bomber used in Vietnam war is still in use in Japan and
South Korea.

Iran is still using the F14 Tomcat. A10 warthog and Sky Hawk still in
use in other countries, too.

Old planes can be sold to countries in need to deal with their vast spaces.

Many countries still in use of older military helicopters. They used for
transport and rescue etc.

These redundant planes not sold fast enough to other countries now in
the Arizona desert boneyard.

If there are good and useable planes, they should sell some or rent to
other countries for their internal strifeing use against insurgents in
the vast lands, such as in Africa.

The useable plane should be sent for service refurbishment and revved up
ready for sale or lease to countries in of cheaper defense asset needs.

US can still make some money from lease or sale of their surplus old
planes baking in the hot Arizona desert.

Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns

<f78dce75-1be5-4956-849c-340c8e153917n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5228&group=soc.culture.china#5228

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!feeds.phibee-telecom.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed8.news.xs4all.nl!feeder5.feed.usenet.farm!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!tr1.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 18:53:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 01:53 UTC

On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 5:18:15 PM UTC-7, gold wrote:
> [...]
> South Korea.
>
> Iran is still using the F14 Tomcat. A10 warthog and Sky Hawk still in
> use in other countries, too.
>
> Old planes can be sold to countries in need to deal with their vast spaces.
>
> Many countries still in use of older military helicopters. They used for
> transport and rescue etc.
>
> These redundant planes not sold fast enough to other countries now in
> the Arizona desert boneyard.
>
> If there are good and useable planes, they should sell some or rent to
> other countries for their internal strifeing use against insurgents in
> the vast lands, such as in Africa.
>
> The useable plane should be sent for service refurbishment and revved up
> ready for sale or lease to countries in of cheaper defense asset needs.
>
> US can still make some money from lease or sale of their surplus old
> planes baking in the hot Arizona desert.

It takes money to buy them. Like old cars, no one wants them....

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: F-35 Risks Falling Behind China and Russia Defenses, Panel Warns