Flattery is like cologne -- to be smelled, but not swallowed. -- Josh Billings

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: New Cranes For Port Of Baltimore Halt Traffic On Chesapeake Bay & Key Bridges Thursday

SubjectAuthor
* New Cranes For Port Of Baltimore Halt Traffic On Chesapeake Bay & Keyltlee1
`* Re: New Cranes For Port Of Baltimore Halt Traffic On Chesapeake Bay & Key Bridgemisako
 `- Re: New Cranes For Port Of Baltimore Halt Traffic On Chesapeake Bay &Rusty Wyse

1
New Cranes For Port Of Baltimore Halt Traffic On Chesapeake Bay & Key Bridges Thursday

<9d83fe48-298e-4fd9-ac73-69a78266d70cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5155&group=soc.culture.china#5155

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 18:26:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New Cranes For Port Of Baltimore Halt Traffic On Chesapeake Bay & Key
Bridges Thursday
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 01:26 UTC

"The ship barely cleared the bay bridge with four feet to spare.

“In our industry, that’s plenty of clearance,” said Bayard Hogans, Port America Chesapeake.

Longshoremen paused as the ship made its final approach toward the port.

“For the men and women of the ILA, it’s more jobs,” said Scott Cowan. “That’s what’s going through their minds. And more work opportunities,” said Scott Cowman.

The cranes will stand 450 feet tall with the goal of doubling the port’s container capacity after the Howard street tunnel project is complete.

“It’s really focused on increasing capacity here at the port of Baltimore to support the Howard street tunnel expansion,” said Bayard Hogan, Ports of America Chesapeake.

Once the cranes are operational in 2022, they’ll be able to offload ships that are 23 containers wide.

“A little higher boom, a little higher in the air,” said Hogans.

“Continue to increase production here and this is just one more step that is going to help us in that direction,” said Governor Larry Hogan.

Officials said it will take several weeks to offload the cranes that arrived Thursday. More are due to arrive this spring."

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2021/09/09/new-cranes-for-port-of-baltimore-halt-traffic-on-chesapeake-bay-key-bridges-thursday/

Re: New Cranes For Port Of Baltimore Halt Traffic On Chesapeake Bay & Key Bridges Thursday

<si4ef5$h4e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5210&group=soc.culture.china#5210

From: mis...@conroe.com.jp (misako)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: New Cranes For Port Of Baltimore Halt Traffic On Chesapeake Bay & Key Bridges Thursday
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 18:19:37 +0800
 by: misako - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:19 UTC

The 4 cranes of 14 storey high were fabricated, built, assembled, tested,
and made in China. They were shipped on Chinese ship with a flat bed from
Shanghai, China to Blatimore.

It took 2-month sea journey from Shanghai through the Cape of Good Hope to
Baltimore. The 4 huge cranes are for ultra-large containership with a very
wide width or beam.

The ultra long reach of the canter-lever crane can reach across a maximum of
23 box containers that stacked on the widest width of the biggest
containership available.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

[...]

<b6e040a7-c041-4b16-928e-56cf185fbef6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5216&group=soc.culture.china#5216

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 09:23:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New Cranes For Port Of Baltimore Halt Traffic On Chesapeake Bay &
Key Bridges Thursday
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:23 UTC

On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 3:19:23 AM UTC-7, misako wrote:
> The 4 cranes of 14 storey high were fabricated, built, assembled, tested,
> and made in China. They were shipped on Chinese ship with a flat bed from
> Shanghai, China to Blatimore.

Oakland, California has a lot of cranes from China, too...