From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Maintenance Required - Visit Dealer
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 18:16:21 -0500
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 23:16 UTC

On 8 Nov 2023 22:17:24 -0000, kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>In article <uigrd8$2u49$1@neodome.net>, Frankie <frankie@nospam.usa> wrote:
>>A friend called me just now asking what it means when her RAV4 (2021 I
>>think?) with about 90K miles came up with that on her nav screen.
>>She asked what it means.
>>Any idea?
>
>It's time for scheduled service. She can take it to a competent independent
>mechanic to do the job, or she could take it to the dealer if she prefers.
>If it doesn't include transmission and differential fluid changes, she
>should add that onto the list. Not flushes, just changes.
>--scott

Be sure to read the Owners Manual Mtc. Schedule and
use some common sense. My Kia dealer wanted to treat my
car as "severe duty" just because I live in Canada !
... and over-maintain it to that extent.
- which would have cost me a couple thousand dollars extra
if I didn't insist on following the published Mtc. Schedule.
Guess what - 8 years 165 k km later - the car is just fine.
John T.

Re: Maintenance Required - Visit Dealer

<kr2qg1FmdpvU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51997&group=alt.home.repair#51997

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: 9 Nov 2023 01:21:05 GMT
 by: rbowman - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 01:21 UTC

On Wed, 08 Nov 2023 18:16:21 -0500, hubops wrote:

> Be sure to read the Owners Manual Mtc. Schedule and
> use some common sense. My Kia dealer wanted to treat my car as
> "severe duty" just because I live in Canada !
> .. and over-maintain it to that extent.

Well, sure. When you don't have any paved roads cars wear out faster...

Re: lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

<ov13N.1874$cAm7.1668@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=52009&group=alt.home.repair#52009

From: trollt...@valid.invalid (Peeler)
Subject: Re: lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 10:20:13 +0100
 by: Peeler - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 09:20 UTC

On 9 Nov 2023 01:21:05 GMT, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> Well, sure. When you don't have any paved roads cars wear out faster...

Is there nothing that can stop your big mouth? LOL

--
More of the pathological senile gossip's sick shit squeezed out of his sick
head:

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Maintenance Required - Visit Dealer