I B M U B M We all B M For I B M!!!! -- H.A.R.L.I.E.

interests / alt.home.repair / Home depot credit card

SubjectAuthor
* Home depot credit cardRalph Mowery
+- Home depot credit carddanny burstein
+- Home depot credit cardmicky
+* Home depot credit cardCindy Hamilton
|`* Home depot credit cardrbowman
| `- lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile GossipPeeler
`* Home depot credit cardScott Lurndal
 `* Home depot credit cardRalph Mowery
  `* Home depot credit cardFrank
   `* Home depot credit cardrbowman
    +- lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile GossipPeeler
    `- Home depot credit cardFrank

1
Home depot credit card

<MPG.3f99bf7f44315a0c989e9b@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51235&group=alt.home.repair#51235

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Home depot credit card
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:10:55 -0400
 by: Ralph Mowery - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:10 UTC

I got a letter from HD that wanrs to give me a special credit card.
They want to charge 29.99 % interest.

People have to be crazy to get a card like that.

I thought it may have been like Lowes that give a 5 % off items you buy
when I first saw the letter.

Re: Home depot credit card

<ugotdj$b6e$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51238&group=alt.home.repair#51238

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Home depot credit card
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:25:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:25 UTC

In <MPG.3f99bf7f44315a0c989e9b@news.eternal-september.org> Ralph Mowery <rmowery42@charter.net> writes:

>I got a letter from HD that wanrs to give me a special credit card.
>They want to charge 29.99 % interest.

>People have to be crazy to get a card like that.

>I thought it may have been like Lowes that give a 5 % off items you buy
>when I first saw the letter.

While HD doesn't give an automatic 5% off on use, it does
send out promotions every couple of months that yes, say
if you use the card in the next 30 days you'll have a choice
of a (last one was...) twn pct off _or_ two years w/o interest.

So if you're careful and pay each month off in full,
you can get the discount.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Home depot credit card

<kduvii5lv4fkjjdp1o260enelcuqsc5ln9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51240&group=alt.home.repair#51240

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:37:31 -0400
 by: micky - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:37 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:10:55 -0400, Ralph Mowery
<rmowery42@charter.net> wrote:

>I got a letter from HD that wanrs to give me a special credit card.
>They want to charge 29.99 % interest.

Don't do it. I've known you online for years and I trust you, and I'll
lend you money for 25% interest

>People have to be crazy to get a card like that.

But it's special.

>I thought it may have been like Lowes that give a 5 % off items you buy
>when I first saw the letter.

Alas.

Re: Home depot credit card

<OcTXM.87757$8fO.45658@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51242&group=alt.home.repair#51242

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:54:22 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:54 UTC

On 2023-10-18, Ralph Mowery <rmowery42@charter.net> wrote:

> I got a letter from HD that wanrs to give me a special credit card.
> They want to charge 29.99 % interest.
>
> People have to be crazy to get a card like that.

It's a little high. The average today is 24.45%.

Anybody would have to be crazy to pay credit card interest.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Home depot credit card

<%cTXM.4296$8hV9.577@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51243&group=alt.home.repair#51243

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:54:35 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:54 UTC

Ralph Mowery <rmowery42@charter.net> writes:

>I got a letter from HD that wanrs to give me a special credit card.
>They want to charge 29.99 % interest.

That's hardly unusual.

https://wallethub.com/edu/cc/average-credit-card-interest-rate/50841

excellent credit: 17.90%
good credit: 23.99%
fair credit: 26.30%
Store cards: 30.45%

Better to pay cash, write a check, or ensure that you pay off
the credit card completely each billing period.

Re: Home depot credit card

<MPG.3f99d45b651358f9989e9c@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51245&group=alt.home.repair#51245

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 12:39:46 -0400
 by: Ralph Mowery - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 16:39 UTC

In article <%cTXM.4296$8hV9.577@fx44.iad>, scott@slp53.sl.home says...

> That's hardly unusual.
>
> https://wallethub.com/edu/cc/average-credit-card-interest-rate/50841
>
> excellent credit: 17.90%
> good credit: 23.99%
> fair credit: 26.30%
> Store cards: 30.45%
>

> Better to pay cash, write a check, or ensure that you pay off
> the credit card completely each billing period.

I did not know the rates had gone up over 24 %. I use a credit card for
almost everything I buy as I get from 1 to 5 % back depending on the
card. Have to use a debit card for $ 500 every month to get a
percentage back on my checking account. Easy to do with the grocery
store bill.

Now the treasure bills are over 5 % for 3 month bills I have put much of
the money market money in that.

I always pay off the credit cards every month. Usually with a bank
transfer.

Re: Home depot credit card

<ugp6df$3pjfp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51251&group=alt.home.repair#51251

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 13:59:08 -0400
 by: Frank - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 17:59 UTC

On 10/18/2023 12:39 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> In article <%cTXM.4296$8hV9.577@fx44.iad>, scott@slp53.sl.home says...
>>
>> That's hardly unusual.
>>
>> https://wallethub.com/edu/cc/average-credit-card-interest-rate/50841
>>
>> excellent credit: 17.90%
>> good credit: 23.99%
>> fair credit: 26.30%
>> Store cards: 30.45%
>>

>> Better to pay cash, write a check, or ensure that you pay off
>> the credit card completely each billing period.
>>

> I did not know the rates had gone up over 24 %. I use a credit card for
> almost everything I buy as I get from 1 to 5 % back depending on the
> card. Have to use a debit card for $ 500 every month to get a
> percentage back on my checking account. Easy to do with the grocery
> store bill.
>
> Now the treasure bills are over 5 % for 3 month bills I have put much of
> the money market money in that.
>
> I always pay off the credit cards every month. Usually with a bank
> transfer.

I had no idea credit card interest ran this high until reading this
thread. I have not paid interest on anything since paying off our
mortgage over 30 years ago. I use one credit card for most purchases
and pay it off at the end of the month. I see the average person has
nearly $8,000 credit card balance.

This happened here over 40 years ago:"Gov. Pierre S. du Pont Wednesday
signed a bill lifting interest ceilings and giving tax breaks to banking
operations, a move he said could make Delaware a new national banking
center."

It happened and all the big banks moved in.

Re: Home depot credit card

<kpbgl9F72dfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51266&group=alt.home.repair#51266

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: 19 Oct 2023 01:55:53 GMT
 by: rbowman - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 01:55 UTC

On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:54:22 GMT, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On 2023-10-18, Ralph Mowery <rmowery42@charter.net> wrote:
>>

>> I got a letter from HD that wanrs to give me a special credit card.
>> They want to charge 29.99 % interest.
>>
>> People have to be crazy to get a card like that.
>
> It's a little high. The average today is 24.45%.
>
> Anybody would have to be crazy to pay credit card interest.

You are almost better off looking up Vinnie the Mooch.

:With usura hath no man a house of good stone
each block cut smooth and well fitting
that design might cover their face,:

Ezra Pound Canto XLV

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/54319/canto-xlv

Dante put usurers in the third ring of the seventh circle of hell along
with blasphemers and sodomites.

https://branemrys.blogspot.com/2009/07/dante-on-usury.html

'In today's world it is just good bidness.

Re: Home depot credit card

<kpbhbiF72dfU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51267&group=alt.home.repair#51267

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: 19 Oct 2023 02:07:46 GMT
 by: rbowman - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 02:07 UTC

On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 13:59:08 -0400, Frank wrote:

> This happened here over 40 years ago:"Gov. Pierre S. du Pont Wednesday
> signed a bill lifting interest ceilings and giving tax breaks to banking
> operations, a move he said could make Delaware a new national banking
> center."

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/11/biden-bankruptcy-president/

Joe wasn't known as the Senator from MBNA for nothing.

Those kids burdened with college loans that they may never be able to pay
off should say "Thank you, Joe". Typical government job security: create
the problem then 'fix' the problem creating a slew of new problems to be
fixed. It's as if the county road crew spent 50% of their time digging
potholes.

Re: lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

<o45YM.15426$_z39.15272@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51273&group=alt.home.repair#51273

From: trollt...@valid.invalid (Peeler)
Subject: Re: lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 09:40:09 +0200
 by: Peeler - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:40 UTC

On 19 Oct 2023 01:55:53 GMT, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:54:22 GMT, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On 2023-10-18, Ralph Mowery <rmowery42@charter.net> wrote:
>>>

>>> I got a letter from HD that wanrs to give me a special credit card.
>>> They want to charge 29.99 % interest.
>>>
>>> People have to be crazy to get a card like that.
>>
>> It's a little high. The average today is 24.45%.
>>
>> Anybody would have to be crazy to pay credit card interest.
>
> You are almost better off looking up Vinnie the Mooch.
>
>:With usura hath no man a house of good stone
> each block cut smooth and well fitting
> that design might cover their face,:
>
> Ezra Pound Canto XLV
>
> https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/54319/canto-xlv
>
> Dante put usurers in the third ring of the seventh circle of hell along
> with blasphemers and sodomites.
>
> https://branemrys.blogspot.com/2009/07/dante-on-usury.html
>
> 'In today's world it is just good bidness.

Seriously, senile shithead: WTF is WRONG with you? Are your psychiatrists on
vacation? LMAO

--
Another one of the resident senile bigmouth's idiotic "cool" lines:
"If you're an ax murderer don't leave souvenir photos on your phone."

Re: lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

<i65YM.102388$8fO.61280@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51274&group=alt.home.repair#51274

From: trollt...@valid.invalid (Peeler)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 09:42:12 +0200
 by: Peeler - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:42 UTC

On 19 Oct 2023 02:07:46 GMT, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/11/biden-bankruptcy-president/
>
> Joe wasn't known as the Senator from MBNA for nothing.
>
> Those kids burdened with college loans that they may never be able to pay
> off should say "Thank you, Joe". Typical government job security: create
> the problem then 'fix' the problem creating a slew of new problems to be
> fixed. It's as if the county road crew spent 50% of their time digging
> potholes.

Yeah, better let's have all problems concentrated in ONE spot: idiotic
Stumpie! LMAO

--
More of the resident bigmouth's usual idiotic babble and gossip:
I'm not saying my father and uncle wouldn't have drank Genesee beer

My preference was Rheingold on tap"

MID: <k9mnmmF9emhU1@mid.individual.net>

Re: Home depot credit card

<ugr4g5$ak9m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51278&group=alt.home.repair#51278

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:38:43 -0400
 by: Frank - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 11:38 UTC

On 10/18/2023 10:07 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 13:59:08 -0400, Frank wrote:
>
>> This happened here over 40 years ago:"Gov. Pierre S. du Pont Wednesday
>> signed a bill lifting interest ceilings and giving tax breaks to banking
>> operations, a move he said could make Delaware a new national banking
>> center."
>
> https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/11/biden-bankruptcy-president/
>
> Joe wasn't known as the Senator from MBNA for nothing.
>
> Those kids burdened with college loans that they may never be able to pay
> off should say "Thank you, Joe". Typical government job security: create
> the problem then 'fix' the problem creating a slew of new problems to be
> fixed. It's as if the county road crew spent 50% of their time digging
> potholes.

After serving as governor, Pete DuPont became DE US rep. I met him and
his wife and had heard talk of Pete running for the senate against
Biden. I told his wife I would like to see him run and she told me she
wanted him to do it but he didn't. Too bad as Pete was very popular.
Had he run and beat Biden it would be a different world today.

interests / alt.home.repair / Home depot credit card