Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 13:28:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: Albarino, CdA and Chinon roses, Lambrusco
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 20:28 UTC

No wine Monday with pepper steak (a dish that is generally so terrible in Chinese takeout places, but loved this Eric Kim recipe).

Heat wave moving in, but at park concert there was a nice breeze off the river, and it was actually quite lovely in shade. We brought BBQ chicken, potato salad, caprese, kale salad, and watermelon for ourselves and friends.

The 2022 Baudry Chinon Rose continues to a dependable and fun wine. B+
The 2022 Zarate Albarino is cool and refreshing, lemony citrus, note of sea salt, crisp clean finis. B+/B
After loving a Tiberio Cerasuolo I brought earlier in summer, a friend bought the (2022?) Sirio Cerasuolo d'Abruzzo. He was a little worried as it was $9. OK, so not Tiberio (or Pepe or Valentini!), but actually a nice fresh cherry driven rose. Lighter styled, but that’s fine by me on a hot day. B
I actually like Lambrusco, but the NV Carafoli La Divina Lambrusco di Sorbara was a little weird, with a dill soaked in beet juice flavor. C+

Good night with good friends, some of whom we hadn’t seen in a while

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.