Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 17:18:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: What's in a name?
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 8 Nov 2021 01:18 UTC

What’s in a name?

For openers how about murder? Mass murder. Spree killings. That kind of shit. I’m not talking about everyday domestic murder. I’m not talking about hitmen or goon squad guys and other crime family shit. I’m talking strictly spree and serial style killings.

For example, let’s talk about Edmund Kemper, a serial killer who killed 10 in California a few years back. If his parents had named him Eddie instead of Edmund, I suspect things might have turned out differently. It's hard to picture a mass killer named Eddie.

Some formal names have offshoots that seem to determine the direction takes in life. For example, with Thomas we have Tom and Tommy, and with William we have Bill and Billy, and so forth. I have noticed that guys named Billy tend to gravitate toward entertainment or athletic careers - same thing really. Guys named Bill take on managerial or coaching positions. Off hand without even thinking I can name 6 NFL coaches named Bill. William goes to people who turn out to be writers or lawyers.

I am telling you man, no joke, we can cut down on serial and spree killings (if we want to), and we can do it by eliminating names that tend to take people murderous directions. Charles is a good example. Nice name. Lots of famous peaceful contributors to society named Charles. But also lots of killers. Charles Whitman, Charles Manson, Charles (Tex) Watson, to name only a few. Had they been named Chuck instead of Charles, would they have gone on to kill? Aside from Chuckie the killer movie puppet I can’t think of a single Chuckie who has committed mass murder. (Aside)................. Charles Manson was sometimes called Charlie, but this happened only after he became famous when it was learned that the family girls called him that. He is a rare exception and therefore does not count in our study.

This topic extends beyond murder to all categories. All manors of employment. All tiers of society. Put a friendly sounding Y on the end of any name and your chances of swaying that person away from serial or spree killing goes up substantially. It is true that regardless of name, anyone can go on to kill. But we are talking only about spree and serial killers here, not your everyday non-notable garden variety.

So when people ask me, "Tommy, what’s in a name?” - a question I have been asked many times along with others because people know my answers have merit because I have always enjoyed answering questions and am very good at it. It’s a hobby that has kept me from killing all these years. Plus when I younger and elected to call myself Tommy instead of Tom or Thomas I pretty much automatically negated my chances of turning to a life of serial or spree killing, because guys named Tommy don’t fit that profile, man? Now do you know what I'm talking about, wise guy?

Re: What's in a name?

<lm3iJ.102353$831.82336@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4979&group=alt.life.sucks#4979

From: moaula...@hotmail.co.nz (Ras Tafarian)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Subject: Re: What's in a name?
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 20:22:03 -1000
 by: Ras Tafarian - Mon, 8 Nov 2021 06:22 UTC

"Thomas Joseph" wrote:

> What’s in a name?

Thomas (6)
Joseph (6)

Your Middle Name (6) Eludes Everyone, Please Share.

You Have Professed That You Are A Satanist Enabler, Thus Bound
For Eternal Torment In The Pits Of Hell. Hell And The Lake Of Fire
Exists, Whether You Believe In It Or Not. Thomas The Apostle Is
Very Much Akin To You Thomas Joseph -- A 'Doubting Thomas',
The Original 'Doubting Thomas, An Apostle Of Jesus Christ:

“ Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put
my finger where the nails were, and put my hand
into his side, I will not believe ”

I Pity You, That God Almighty Never Gave You The Sight Or Wisdom To
Realize How This World Works, Nor What Will Transpire, And Ultimately
Your Own Fate, As A Satanist Enabler. God Almighty New You From The
Foundation Of The World And That You Thomas Joseph Would Be A
Blaspheming Heretic Heathen Satanist. Eternal Life Will Always Elude
You.
Buy An Asbestos Suit, Loser.

Re: What's in a name?

<8fcbf964-9442-4fc1-9289-3eb692d052c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5020&group=alt.life.sucks#5020

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 23:18:02 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 07:18 UTC

> Buy An Asbestos Suit, Loser.

Do they actually let you wear them down there?

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: What's in a name?