Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 13:43:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Peter Gunn
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 10 May 2021 20:43 UTC

Watching Pter Gunn, one of the cheapest and most minimalist TV shows ever.  But tonight I am blown away.  They just showed a scene with more than 5 people, about the most extravagant Gunn episode I've ever seen.
As the show came on I imagined I was not alone - that I was sitting with someone and raving to them about the show's prize winning minimalism.  I was in full glory.  "Look at it, look at I", I boomed, "I'm telling you, this show never uses more than 3 people in a scene", and then all of a sudden out of nowhere they hit me with this one rare extravagant episode and it's like now I'm a liar.  Either than or my concept of minimalism is screwed up.

"You said it was was minimal", the guy says.  "This show is not so minimal. Maybe you don't know what real minimalism is."

"So I'm either a fool or a liar, is that  it?", I countered.

"Not entirely.  I believe you saw the show as minimal and I believe you have a decent concept of minimalism.  But but I've watched way more film than you - so I know what I'm talking about and you don't."

Making it short.  Things got out of hand and I had to get rough with the guy.
But it was self defense, he came at me.

"I'll pound your eyes till they swell up triple normal size", he boomed, rushing me.  "I'm gonna balloon you up punk.  Gonna beat you big."

"Just the opposite from me, loser", I countered, "I'm gonna minimalize your ass."

Then I grabbed him by the ears and rubbed them rough and tight like two sticks to make a fire.  Slowly over a period of a day I could see bits of steam beginning to emerge from his head which was shrinking before my very eyes. When I was done he was nothing but ears and believe me he listened to everything I had to say. Everything, stereophonic style.

"Isn't that right punk?"  Got him right here.  Tied up.  He isn't going anywhere.  I'm gonna teach this punk what minimalism is all about.  Before it's over he's going to wish for less of everything I throw his way.

Re: Peter Gunn

<0790c34f-9053-4d21-b831-f3e96638670cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79&group=alt.life.sucks#79

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 08:42:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Peter Gunn
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 11 May 2021 15:42 UTC

On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 4:43:44 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> Watching Pter Gunn, one of the cheapest and most minimalist TV shows ever.. But tonight I am blown away. They just showed a scene with more than 5 people, about the most extravagant Gunn episode I've ever seen.
> As the show came on I imagined I was not alone - that I was sitting with someone and raving to them about the show's prize winning minimalism. I was in full glory. "Look at it, look at I", I boomed, "I'm telling you, this show never uses more than 3 people in a scene", and then all of a sudden out of nowhere they hit me with this one rare extravagant episode and it's like now I'm a liar. Either than or my concept of minimalism is screwed up.
>
> "You said it was was minimal", the guy says. "This show is not so minimal.. Maybe you don't know what real minimalism is."
>
> "So I'm either a fool or a liar, is that it?", I countered.
>
> "Not entirely. I believe you saw the show as minimal and I believe you have a decent concept of minimalism. But but I've watched way more film than you - so I know what I'm talking about and you don't."
>
> Making it short. Things got out of hand and I had to get rough with the guy.
> But it was self defense, he came at me.
>
> "I'll pound your eyes till they swell up triple normal size", he boomed, rushing me. "I'm gonna balloon you up punk. Gonna beat you big."
>
> "Just the opposite from me, loser", I countered, "I'm gonna minimalize your ass."
>
> Then I grabbed him by the ears and rubbed them rough and tight like two sticks to make a fire. Slowly over a period of a day I could see bits of steam beginning to emerge from his head which was shrinking before my very eyes. When I was done he was nothing but ears and believe me he listened to everything I had to say. Everything, stereophonic style.
>

> "Isn't that right punk?" Got him right here. Tied up. He isn't going anywhere. I'm gonna teach this punk what minimalism is all about. Before it's over he's going to wish for less of everything I throw his way.

Minimalism is tricky. Too much and it is not minimal. Too little and you got nothing. Peter Gunn is a good example of doing a lot with little. I will take minimal over too much. Unless it is too much fun.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Peter Gunn