From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Need a search wod wrt motels
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 20:26:38 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 00:26 UTC

On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 20:13:09 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
wrote:

>What do you call a motel where you can drive right up to your room?
>
>As opposed to "motels" that are really hotels. You have to park, go
>into the lobby, walk down the hall, and finally you're at your room.
>Then if you forgot something you have to do it again in each direction.
>And in the morning you have to do it again.
>
>I just took a 5-day, 4-night trip and trying to find the kind of motel I
>want was hard. A lot of webpages show lots of pictures of the room (and
>the exercise room etc.) but none of the buiding, or just the middle of
>the building with the canopy in front of the office.
>
>If I knew what they are called, in practice and in their advertising, it
>would take less time to find a motel and/or I'd be more likely to find
>motel I like.

I call it the Satellite Motel :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/roadsidepictures/1882091579/in/photostream/

John T.

Re: Need a search wod wrt motels

<kmpr19FraqoU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=49723&group=alt.home.repair#49723

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: 18 Sep 2023 02:30:01 GMT
 by: rbowman - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 02:30 UTC

On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 20:26:38 -0400, hubops wrote:

> I call it the Satellite Motel :
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/roadsidepictures/1882091579/in/
photostream/

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/10294

I stayed there with my parents in '52. I thought it was pretty cool.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/atomic-motel-astoria

The Nash Metropolitan parked out front lured me in. A bonus was the free
breakfast pastries from the local Swedish bakery.

I prefer the vintage motels to the modern chains but you have to have a
sense of humor. Some of them ain't what they used to be, others are okay.

My favorite was one near Pearblossom CA. After explaining the amenities
he politely informed me I couldn't park my motorcycle in the room. I guess
he had had a bad experience.

Re: lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

<IATNM.44161$CVBc.24148@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=49724&group=alt.home.repair#49724

From: trollt...@valid.invalid (Peeler)
Subject: Re: lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 10:08:30 +0200
 by: Peeler - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 08:08 UTC

On 18 Sep 2023 02:30:01 GMT, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

> I stayed there with my parents in '52.

Oh, no! The senile crap starts again!

<FLUSH another load of the senile shit unread>

--
Yet another thrilling account from the resident senile superhero's senile
life:

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip