From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: uk.politics.misc,alt.global-warming,soc.culture.china,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: How will the Kung Flu evolve?
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 11:41:08 -0500
 by: Byker - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 16:41 UTC

Kung Flu has become a "regional pandemic":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdVO0ppBMQ
Delta won’t be the last variant. What will the next ones bring?

By Dhruv Khullar
August 11, 2021

" Every few months, we learn of a version of the virus that seems
somehow worse: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta. The coronavirus appears destined
to march its way through the Greek alphabet—a prizefighter getting quicker,
slicker, stronger with each opponent. What are the limits to its
evolutionary fitness? Are they knowable? And, if so, how close are we to
reaching them?" <snip>
https://www.newyorker.com/science/annals-of-medicine/how-will-the-coronavirus-evolve

"This murky portrait of coronavirus immunity will shape our future as the
U.S. brings covid-19 under control. After getting the virus, the vaccine, or
both, at least a hundred and sixty million Americans have acquired some form
of immunity. Still, it is likely that the virus itself is here to stay. “I
personally think that there’s essentially zero chance that sars-CoV-2 will
be eradicated,” Jesse Bloom, a virologist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer
Research Center, told me. (Bloom advised my Ph.D. research on influenza
evolution.) Most viruses, including the four seasonal coronaviruses, other
common-cold viruses, and the flu, haven’t been eradicated; scientists
describe them as “endemic,” a term derived from the Greek word éndēmos,
meaning “in the people.” Endemic viruses circulate constantly, typically at
low levels, but with occasional, more severe outbreaks.":
https://tinyurl.com/s724p93n