You will be misunderstood by everyone.

interests / alt.home.repair / Electric dryer not getting hot enough?

SubjectAuthor
* Electric dryer not getting hot enough?milli...@yahoo.com
+* Electric dryer not getting hot enough?Bob F
|`- Electric dryer not getting hot enough?micky
+- Electric dryer not getting hot enough?Thomas
`- Electric dryer not getting hot enough?JRB Ware

1
Electric dryer not getting hot enough?

<dbfa11b3-dbc8-47cb-9c23-80313abbb832n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=49244&group=alt.home.repair#49244

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 20:57:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Electric dryer not getting hot enough?
From: millingh...@yahoo.com (milli...@yahoo.com)
 by: milli...@yahoo.com - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 03:57 UTC

Hi.
I have a Whirlpool electric clothes dryer (LEB6000PQ1). Lately the clothes have taken 2 cycles on *high* heat to dry. I thought the exhaust duct was maybe full of lint so I cleaned out the whole thing, but same result: clothes aren't drying as usual. Then i took my contactless thermometer and realized the exhaust duct just as it exits the dryer is around 85F. I recall it was typically much higher, maybe 120+F, such that i was unable to hold my hand on the exhaust duct because it was too hot..
Any suggestions on what this lukewarm behavior might be?
What's best way to diagnose?
Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Theodore

Re: Electric dryer not getting hot enough?

<ud3oqv$1abpv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=49245&group=alt.home.repair#49245

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Electric dryer not getting hot enough?
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 22:08:18 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 05:08 UTC

On 9/3/2023 8:57 PM, milli...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a Whirlpool electric clothes dryer (LEB6000PQ1). Lately the clothes have taken 2 cycles on *high* heat to dry. I thought the exhaust duct was maybe full of lint so I cleaned out the whole thing, but same result: clothes aren't drying as usual. Then i took my contactless thermometer and realized the exhaust duct just as it exits the dryer is around 85F. I recall it was typically much higher, maybe 120+F, such that i was unable to hold my hand on the exhaust duct because it was too hot..
> Any suggestions on what this lukewarm behavior might be?
> What's best way to diagnose?
> Suggestions appreciated.
> Thanks
> Theodore

Did you clean out all the air passages within the dryer? You can blow it
out, using an air compressor, or leaf blower
(do it outside), or maybe suck it out with a big shop vac.

Or, the heater coil could be bad or a switch contact bad, limiting it to
a low heat mode. Or, you could have just set it to low heat and forgotten.

Re: Electric dryer not getting hot enough?

<6gtafihqj10lbu4herhohs9hked2a31qrh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=49248&group=alt.home.repair#49248

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 02:16:51 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 06:16 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 3 Sep 2023 22:08:18 -0700, Bob F
<bobnospam@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 9/3/2023 8:57 PM, milli...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I have a Whirlpool electric clothes dryer (LEB6000PQ1). Lately the clothes have taken 2 cycles on *high* heat to dry. I thought the exhaust duct was maybe full of lint so I cleaned out the whole thing, but same result: clothes aren't drying as usual. Then i took my contactless thermometer and realized the exhaust duct just as it exits the dryer is around 85F. I recall it was typically much higher, maybe 120+F, such that i was unable to hold my hand on the exhaust duct because it was too hot..
>> Any suggestions on what this lukewarm behavior might be?
>> What's best way to diagnose?
>> Suggestions appreciated.
>> Thanks
>> Theodore
>
>Did you clean out all the air passages within the dryer? You can blow it
>out, using an air compressor, or leaf blower
>(do it outside), or maybe suck it out with a big shop vac.
>
>Or, the heater coil could be bad or a switch contact bad, limiting it to
>a low heat mode. Or, you could have just set it to low heat and forgotten.

You covered it all. As an aside, high heat ruins elastic and maybe the
cloth too. I always used the lowest heat setting there was, other than
plain air, although it seemed pretty hot to me. If I ever fix the
dryer, I should measure the temp like the OP did.

--

Stumpy Strumpet
the bimbus

Re: Electric dryer not getting hot enough?

<ca9e9586-1c38-432c-bd70-a85d5b0111a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=49250&group=alt.home.repair#49250

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 02:21:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: canope...@gmail.com (Thomas)
 by: Thomas - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 09:21 UTC

On Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 11:57:40 PM UTC-4, milli...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a Whirlpool electric clothes dryer (LEB6000PQ1). Lately the clothes have taken 2 cycles on *high* heat to dry. I thought the exhaust duct was maybe full of lint so I cleaned out the whole thing, but same result: clothes aren't drying as usual. Then i took my contactless thermometer and realized the exhaust duct just as it exits the dryer is around 85F. I recall it was typically much higher, maybe 120+F, such that i was unable to hold my hand on the exhaust duct because it was too hot..
> Any suggestions on what this lukewarm behavior might be?
> What's best way to diagnose?
> Suggestions appreciated.
> Thanks
> Theodore
Check your breakers. Dryers are 240 volt. 120 each side of the 3 prong plug.. Breaker might be 2 "tied" together in the box with one tripped but not seen since it is with the other one.

Re: Electric dryer not getting hot enough?

<BBiJM.122155$RDRe.67044@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=49251&group=alt.home.repair#49251

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: jrb.w...@quid.pro.joe (JRB Ware)
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 06:48:00 -0400
 by: JRB Ware - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 10:48 UTC

milli...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a Whirlpool electric clothes dryer (LEB6000PQ1). Lately the clothes have taken 2 cycles on *high* heat to dry. I thought the exhaust duct was maybe full of lint so I cleaned out the whole thing, but same result: clothes aren't drying as usual. Then i took my contactless thermometer and realized the exhaust duct just as it exits the dryer is around 85F. I recall it was typically much higher, maybe 120+F, such that i was unable to hold my hand on the exhaust duct because it was too hot..
> Any suggestions on what this lukewarm behavior might be?
> What's best way to diagnose?
> Suggestions appreciated.
> Thanks
> Theodore

Ben's Appliances repair video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbNG_UNS1hA

interests / alt.home.repair / Electric dryer not getting hot enough?