The chicken that clucks the loudest is the one most likely to show up at the steam fitters' picnic.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming for under 18s

SubjectAuthor
* Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gamingltlee1
+- Re: Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming for underwakal...@yahoo.com.sg
`* Re: Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming for undertom
 `- Re: Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming for underByker

1
Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming for under 18s

<2d5746b8-2755-46fb-b5dc-f8ccdf962de0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4804&group=soc.culture.china#4804

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming
for under 18s
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 23:14 UTC

"BEIJING, Aug 31 (Reuters) - China on Monday introduced new rules that limit the amount of time under-18s can spend on video games to three hours a week, a move it said was necessary to combat gaming addiction.

The new rules place the onus on implementation on the gaming industry and are not laws per se that would punish individuals for infractions.

WHY IS CHINA CONCERNED ABOUT GAMING ADDICTION?

Authorities in China, the world's largest video games market, have worried for years about addiction to gaming and the internet among young people, setting up clinics which combine therapy and military drills for those with so-called "gaming disorders".

Rising rates of nearsightedness were also cited as a concern in 2018.

The National Press and Publication Administration (NPPA), the regulator which approves video game titles, said on Monday the new rules were a response to growing concern that games affected the physical and mental health of children.

About 62.5% of Chinese minors often play games online, and 13.2% of underage mobile game users play mobile games for more than two hours a day on weekdays, according to state media.

Chinese regulators have also targeted the private tutoring industry and what they see as celebrity worship in recent weeks, citing the need to ensure the wellbeing of children.
.... "

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/why-how-china-is-drastically-limiting-online-gaming-under-18s-2021-08-31/

Re: Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming for under 18s

<de33660a-74b3-4256-be2c-bc24bd213f27n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4843&group=soc.culture.china#4843

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:06:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming for under 18s
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 05:06 UTC

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 7:14:22 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "BEIJING, Aug 31 (Reuters) - China on Monday introduced new rules that limit the amount of time under-18s can spend on video games to three hours a week, a move it said was necessary to combat gaming addiction.
>
> The new rules place the onus on implementation on the gaming industry and are not laws per se that would punish individuals for infractions.
>
> WHY IS CHINA CONCERNED ABOUT GAMING ADDICTION?
>
> Authorities in China, the world's largest video games market, have worried for years about addiction to gaming and the internet among young people, setting up clinics which combine therapy and military drills for those with so-called "gaming disorders".
>
> Rising rates of nearsightedness were also cited as a concern in 2018.
>
> The National Press and Publication Administration (NPPA), the regulator which approves video game titles, said on Monday the new rules were a response to growing concern that games affected the physical and mental health of children.
>
> About 62.5% of Chinese minors often play games online, and 13.2% of underage mobile game users play mobile games for more than two hours a day on weekdays, according to state media.
>
> Chinese regulators have also targeted the private tutoring industry and what they see as celebrity worship in recent weeks, citing the need to ensure the wellbeing of children.
> ... "
>
> https://www.reuters.com/world/china/why-how-china-is-drastically-limiting-online-gaming-under-18s-2021-08-31/
----------

China looked at the giant tech companies and realized that they were built on song and dance, fun and games. And people are getting addicted like they were addicted during the Opium Wars period. China wants talent, time and money to go into the production of real things.

Wakalukong

Re: Explainer: Why and how China is drastically limiting online gaming for under 18s

<sh5iku$67a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4887&group=soc.culture.china#4887

From: tom...@gmail.com (tom)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 01:20:38 +0800
 by: tom - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 17:20 UTC

The law restricting the time limit in the playing of online game is a good
move by China.

In fact many families in the US are in praise of China's enforced law action
on limiting online game.

Most US families said they have "no power" to manage and enforce their own
orders to their children from playing online games.

Hence, they are delighted to see and hear how China is enforcing through law
and order on online game.

Now US families have asked US to adopt China's law to address their children
addiction on online game.

Online game has ruined American's family lives and ruined productive
employable skill of time and money for no result for it.

Children spending time on online game is fixated and mesmerised by hi-tech
games which have no benefit of learning anything to themselves except
addiction.

China is doing the right thing to curb and contain online video game
addiction.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

[...]

<3Pmdna9ENpmbNav8nZ2dnUU7-SnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4895&group=soc.culture.china#4895

Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!news.neodome.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed9.news.xs4all.nl!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.culture.asian,soc.culture.korean
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 18:45:09 -0500
 by: Byker - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 23:45 UTC

"tom" AKA "golden" AKA "lobo" AKA "kool" AKA "moses" AKA "dubenski" AKA
"bobo" AKA "vonnie" AKA "starlet" AKA "dean"
wrote in message news:sh5iku$67a$1@dont-email.me...

> China is doing the right thing to curb and contain online video game
> addiction.

And in the process turn their "weak boys" into good Communists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j48yELfa9Bk