Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 16:20:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: CHINA'S ECONOMIC MIRACLE IS A MYTH MADE BY EXPLOITATION OF MIGRANT WORKERS
From: cybernet...@gmail.com (Jedi Master)
 by: Jedi Master - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 23:20 UTC

Migrant workers are a unique group in China, defined as "farmers with rural hukou who leave their household registration to seek work in the cities".

According to the "Research Report on China's Migrant Workers" released by the State Council of China in 2006, the number of migrant workers in China had exceeded 120 million by 2004, after that, the number of migrant workers increased year by year, reaching 290 million in 2019. In 2020, many migrant workers lost their jobs and returned to their hometowns due to the pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHB-dBExB44

Re: CHINA'S ECONOMIC MIRACLE IS A MYTH MADE BY EXPLOITATION OF MIGRANT WORKERS

<jY2dnYGFx_Whqqv8nZ2dnUU7-THNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4885&group=soc.culture.china#4885

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,alt.economics,talk.politics.misc,can.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 10:43:55 -0500
 by: Byker - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 15:43 UTC

"Jedi Master" wrote in message

> Migrant workers are a unique group in China, defined as "farmers with
> rural hukou who leave their household registration to seek work in the
> cities".

And they have to leave their kids with grandparents in the countryside
because the youngsters won't be able to go to school in the cities because
of "hukou"...