Santa Claus is watching!

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: And then there is trump's 700 mil loan to yellow trucking

SubjectAuthor
* Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.Oscar
`* Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.Dean Hoffman
 +* Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.Scott Lurndal
 |`- Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.Dean Hoffman
 `* And then there is trump's 700 mil loan to yellow truckingBob F
  `- And then there is trump's 700 mil loan to yellow truckingSlevin

1
Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.

<ivOAM.79573$zW7d.19397@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=48104&group=alt.home.repair#48104

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: osc...@127.0.0.1 (Oscar)
Subject: Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 11:43:57 -0400
 by: Oscar - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 15:43 UTC

Proterra, an electric bus company that received heavy backing from President Joe Biden’s administration, filed for bankruptcy on Monday.

The Burlingame, California-based EV company has been a source of controversy for the Biden administration because Biden’s Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm hyped the company in her official capacity despite the fact that she previously served on
Proterra’s board and held over a million dollars worth of stock in the company even after she was confirmed as the head of Biden’s Energy Department.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/09/electric-bus-company-proterra-backed-heavily-by-biden-administration-files-for-bankruptcy/

Where did all the money go? Sammy Bankmen-Fryed got it? I don't know but I'll bet a Bidencrat has it.

--
If the left could compete in the realm of ideas, they wouldn't want to censor us.

If the left were truly a majority, they wouldn't need to censor us.

Re: Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.

<aaac3f61-cb56-4cab-a4b3-904011b93ae5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=48107&group=alt.home.repair#48107

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 09:55:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 16:55 UTC

On Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at 10:44:22 AM UTC-5, Oscar wrote:
> Proterra, an electric bus company that received heavy backing from President Joe Biden’s administration, filed for bankruptcy on Monday.
>
> The Burlingame, California-based EV company has been a source of controversy for the Biden administration because Biden’s Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm hyped the company in her official capacity despite the fact that she previously served on
> Proterra’s board and held over a million dollars worth of stock in the company even after she was confirmed as the head of Biden’s Energy Department.
>

> https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/09/electric-bus-company-proterra-backed-heavily-by-biden-administration-files-for-bankruptcy/
>
> Where did all the money go? Sammy Bankmen-Fryed got it? I don't know but I'll bet a Bidencrat has it.
>
> --
> If the left could compete in the realm of ideas, they wouldn't want to censor us.
>
> If the left were truly a majority, they wouldn't need to censor us.

It isn't all that surprising that start up companies fail. There's a short list here of some automotive companies that went belly up.
<https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-center/planes-trains-and-automobiles/defunct-car-brands/>
The thing about a government official owning part of the company does raise questions. Why aren't government officials forced to put their investments in some sort of holding company or just sell out completely?

Re: Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.

<6APAM.87319$ftCb.43398@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=48108&group=alt.home.repair#48108

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 16:57:38 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 16:57 UTC

Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> writes:
>On Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at 10:44:22=E2=80=AFAM UTC-5, Oscar wrote:
>> Proterra, an electric bus company that received heavy backing from Presid=
>ent Joe Biden=E2=80=99s administration, filed for bankruptcy on Monday.=20
>>=20
>> The Burlingame, California-based EV company has been a source of controve=
>rsy for the Biden administration because Biden=E2=80=99s Energy Secretary J=
>ennifer Granholm hyped the company in her official capacity despite the fac=
>t that she previously served on=20
>> Proterra=E2=80=99s board and held over a million dollars worth of stock i=
>n the company even after she was confirmed as the head of Biden=E2=80=99s E=
>nergy Department.=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/09/electric-bus-company-proter=
>ra-backed-heavily-by-biden-administration-files-for-bankruptcy/=20
>>=20
>> Where did all the money go? Sammy Bankmen-Fryed got it? I don't know but =
>I'll bet a Bidencrat has it.=20
>>=20
>> --=20
>> If the left could compete in the realm of ideas, they wouldn't want to ce=
>nsor us.=20
>>=20
>> If the left were truly a majority, they wouldn't need to censor us.
>
> It isn't all that surprising that start up companies fail.

Chapter 11 doesn't mean the company has failed. Just restructuring debts.

Re: Biden's EV bus company bites the dust.

<69820194-5c20-4964-bc1a-8ee0cf14c2e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=48110&group=alt.home.repair#48110

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 10:33:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 17:33 UTC

On Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at 11:57:45 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> writes:
> >On Wednesday, August 9, 2023 at 10:44:22=E2=80=AFAM UTC-5, Oscar wrote:
> >> Proterra, an electric bus company that received heavy backing from Presid=
> >ent Joe Biden=E2=80=99s administration, filed for bankruptcy on Monday.=20
> >>=20
> >> The Burlingame, California-based EV company has been a source of controve=
> >rsy for the Biden administration because Biden=E2=80=99s Energy Secretary J=
> >ennifer Granholm hyped the company in her official capacity despite the fac=
> >t that she previously served on=20
> >> Proterra=E2=80=99s board and held over a million dollars worth of stock i=
> >n the company even after she was confirmed as the head of Biden=E2=80=99s E=
> >nergy Department.=20
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >> https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/09/electric-bus-company-proter=
> >ra-backed-heavily-by-biden-administration-files-for-bankruptcy/=20
> >>=20
> >> Where did all the money go? Sammy Bankmen-Fryed got it? I don't know but =
> >I'll bet a Bidencrat has it.=20
> >>=20
> >> --=20
> >> If the left could compete in the realm of ideas, they wouldn't want to ce=
> >nsor us.=20
> >>=20
> >> If the left were truly a majority, they wouldn't need to censor us.
> >
> > It isn't all that surprising that start up companies fail.
> Chapter 11 doesn't mean the company has failed. Just restructuring debts.

I looked right past the Chapter 11 wording. It is in plain sight.

Re: And then there is trump's 700 mil loan to yellow trucking

<ub48lp$n3ha$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=48179&group=alt.home.repair#48179

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: And then there is trump's 700 mil loan to yellow trucking
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 20:06:54 -0700
 by: Bob F - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 03:06 UTC

"WASHINGTON — Democratic lawmakers on Wednesday released a report
alleging that top Trump administration officials had awarded a $700
million pandemic relief loan to a struggling trucking company in 2020
over the objections of career officials at the Defense Department.

The report, released by the Democratic staff of the House Select
Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, describes the role of corporate
lobbyists during the early months of the pandemic in helping to secure
government funds as trillions of dollars of relief money were being
pumped into the economy. It also suggests that senior officials such as
Steven Mnuchin, the former Treasury secretary, and Mark T. Esper, the
former defense secretary, intervened to ensure that the trucking
company, Yellow Corporation, received special treatment despite concerns
about its eligibility to receive relief funds.

“Today’s select subcommittee staff report reveals yet another example of
the Trump administration disregarding their obligation to be responsible
stewards of taxpayer dollars,” Representative James E. Clyburn of South
Carolina, the Democratic chairman of the subcommittee, said in a
statement. “Political appointees risked hundreds of millions of dollars
in public funds against the recommendations of career D.O.D. officials
and in clear disregard of provisions of the CARES Act intended to
protect national security and American taxpayers.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/27/us/politics/trump-pandemic-loan-yrc.html

Re: And then there is trump's 700 mil loan to yellow trucking

<hQygzOxHCgUJNBIdozPxdbSAcJwuSvQF@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=48183&group=alt.home.repair#48183

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: sle...@192.168.1.1 (Slevin)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 23 10:54:30 UTC
 by: Slevin - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 10:54 UTC

Bob F wrote:
> "WASHINGTON — Democratic lawmakers on Wednesday released a report alleging that top Trump administration officials had awarded a $700 million
> pandemic relief loan to a struggling trucking company in 2020 over the objections of career officials at the Defense Department.
>
> The report, released by the Democratic staff of the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, describes the role of corporate
> lobbyists during the early months of the pandemic in helping to secure government funds as trillions of dollars of relief money were being
> pumped into the economy. It also suggests that senior officials such as Steven Mnuchin, the former Treasury secretary, and Mark T. Esper, the
> former defense secretary, intervened to ensure that the trucking company, Yellow Corporation, received special treatment despite concerns about
> its eligibility to receive relief funds.
>
> “Today’s select subcommittee staff report reveals yet another example of the Trump administration disregarding their obligation to be
> responsible stewards of taxpayer dollars,” Representative James E. Clyburn of South Carolina, the Democratic chairman of the subcommittee, said
> in a statement. “Political appointees risked hundreds of millions of dollars in public funds against the recommendations of career D.O.D.
> officials and in clear disregard of provisions of the CARES Act intended to protect national security and American taxpayers.”"
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/27/us/politics/trump-pandemic-loan-yrc.html

The scamdemic was perpetrated by the Democrats.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: And then there is trump's 700 mil loan to yellow trucking