Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 12:54:22 -0800 (PST)
<3en2ng-ad1.ln1@news.cfaj.ca> <b3c61a4b-aca6-4a7e-b26e-c0000e54c9ab@googlegroups.com>
<eum3ng-ftn.ln1@news.cfaj.ca> <9c7dacaf-9c3b-4967-bb7a-e7632fe0a04b@googlegroups.com>
<ka55ng-et2.ln1@news.cfaj.ca> <3711cdc8-a0a1-466c-917c-3a4c879580ad@googlegroups.com>
<1b104691-0855-4546-a153-6c8782dd748e@googlegroups.com> <tnp6ng-snb.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<5119c8e8-e54b-4db5-a654-0163ac82dda5@googlegroups.com> <825hng-d3k.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<d879a69a-ee0c-4a32-8fa9-af95c74ddaa5@googlegroups.com> <leehng-cnr.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<be88cfb1-f159-437c-a3cc-e2b1a9d43ece@googlegroups.com> <bvbjng-ugt.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<b30b3094-be98-4b4d-b239-de26e0d436b5@googlegroups.com> <0kojng-op8.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<f765eda5-3aee-494c-a3ef-27dea81c3e5b@googlegroups.com> <timung-slj.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<848bb0aa-a565-48b5-bb24-ecb90aa94471@googlegroups.com> <l571og-5s7.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<d7c15849-09e1-4e09-ab0c-6c1566c67b0e@googlegroups.com> <feb1og-97d.ln1@news.cfaj.ca>
<ba08fe80-779b-4b46-bd1b-0322afb0db84@googlegroups.com> <a4ea702f-10a7-4ebf-8cab-2cd94cab8a66@googlegroups.com>
<a1c8cfb2-f3f0-4f29-96bb-1f238d83c5deo@googlegroups.com> <74e43311-934f-451a-8de0-f3802020aa4cn@googlegroups.com>
<bdbc2d8c-703f-4f36-b041-aae26c9c0a44n@googlegroups.com> <9e9450c0-a14e-4812-b546-5db56d80238cn@googlegroups.com>
<51703ab9-ea45-470d-b7eb-bcfe39428a63n@googlegroups.com> <2dec5161-4993-4110-8d9d-4da5f2d939e8n@googlegroups.com>
<acf63df5-858e-4979-bb51-fbca51f0631en@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Miniatures are the best
From: nastyhor...@gmail.com (Eli Kesef)
 by: Eli Kesef - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 20:54 UTC

Bs"d

So I got another enemy who tried to fry my liver. Well, he played the preliminary moves for the Fried Liver attack. We don't want to get Ken upset, so I have to weigh my words on a gold scale.

After I tried for the Stafford gambit but didn't get it, I went for the two horses defense, and he played his horse to g5, getting the double attack on f7. I ignored that attack on f7, and my agile horse jumped from f6 to e4, and consumed there an enemy pawn.
That e4 pawn was defended by the enemy horse on c3, but that couldn't hold me back from capturing it anyway. This absurd looking move whereby I give the enemy the choice of capturing my horse on e4 or forking me on f7, I learned from the GM's Reinier Knaak and Karsten Muller. GM Igor Smirnov gave me many more devastating lines in this opening, so it was not as crazy as it looks.
The enemy decided not to capture my horse on e4, but in stead he forked my queen and castle by smacking his horse in on f7.

The result of that brutal fork was that I checkmated the enemy on move 10: https://lichess.org/KMsX3PMNeGN7

In the end I got a nice royal fork, but I didn't get to take his queen, because after some deliberation I saw that not only did I fork his queen and king, but in the same move I would mate him.
Very good of course, but I feel bad about not getting to consume the fork.

Well, you can't win them all....

https://tinyurl.com/violent-sport