It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Happy -----

SubjectAuthor
* Happy -----OllieNorthie@aol.com
+- Happy -----Thomas Joseph
`* Happy -----Judith Latham
 `- Happy -----OllieNorthie@aol.com

1
Happy -----

<cd3f5c40-f534-405a-a0e2-96dda2a1dbd2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4771&group=alt.life.sucks#4771

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 13:54:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Happy -----
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 20:54 UTC

It is Halloween. A non holiday. Created to sell candy. It is based on some old traditions but they are not special to me. As a youngster it was ok for the sugar buzz and to be a bit rowdy. Older I would still participate in the dress up. I no longer make any effort toward it. The grave is very near now. Not so spooky and now more a place to look forward to.

Re: Happy -----

<b0f5cf2b-6c3b-4af1-b13a-e50577524305n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4772&group=alt.life.sucks#4772

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 15:59:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Happy -----
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 22:59 UTC

OllieN...@aol.com wrote:

> It is Halloween. A non holiday. Created to sell candy. It is based on some old traditions but they are not special to me. As a youngster it was ok for the sugar buzz and to be a bit rowdy. Older I would still participate in the dress up. I no longer make any effort toward it. The grave is very near now. Not so spooky and now more a place to look forward to.

Used to be my favorite holiday. From a pretty young age I saw it as 'dress up' day more than it's past tradition. They ought to have it 4 times a year - dress up day. Or once is good enough. For me in the cab it was a good night. Lots of people flagging the cab. Used to be New Years Eve was #1, but a lot of bars started shutting early because it was too much of a nuisance. Lots of rowdy type holidays have gone from the bars to people's homes. I do not celebrate any holiday and was in fact thinking only earlier after finally getting up after several days in bed that dying would be fine with me. But I want to leave a legacy. It doesn't have to be a great legacy. I just don't want people making up stories. Like if I die from a heart attack I don't want them picturing me pleading with the ambulance people to hurry up and get here, when in reality I am just lying there enduring the pain (if there is any), and whatever else comes along with a life ending event, just accepting it, holding on tight, white knuckling my way into our planet's landfill system. I do not want people thinking I was begging for mercy when just the opposite was true. All I want is the truth. Maybe some kind of death cam service is in order. Pay so much a year. Then if you're at home when you think you're about to go, go to the site and punch in some numbers and they will record your death using multiple cameras from multiple angles to be dispensed to friends and family so they can see for real how I checked out - proud and dignified, not cowering like a two bit punk.

Re: Happy -----

<slnnak$9u9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4801&group=alt.life.sucks#4801

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 23:35:37 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 03:35 UTC

On 10/31/2021 4:54 PM, OllieNorthie@aol.com wrote:
> It is Halloween. A non holiday. Created to sell candy. It is based on some old traditions but they are not special to me. As a youngster it was ok for the sugar buzz and to be a bit rowdy. Older I would still participate in the dress up. I no longer make any effort toward it. The grave is very near now. Not so spooky and now more a place to look forward to.

Look at the bright side; in a hundred years or so your skeleton head
might be decorating some teenager's room

Re: Happy -----

<66c9849b-ff1e-4386-ab8d-44aefb525722n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4802&group=alt.life.sucks#4802

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 22:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 05:56 UTC

On Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 11:35:49 PM UTC-4, Judith Latham wrote:
> On 10/31/2021 4:54 PM, OllieN...@aol.com wrote:
> > It is Halloween. A non holiday. Created to sell candy. It is based on some old traditions but they are not special to me. As a youngster it was ok for the sugar buzz and to be a bit rowdy. Older I would still participate in the dress up. I no longer make any effort toward it. The grave is very near now. Not so spooky and now more a place to look forward to.
> >
> Look at the bright side; in a hundred years or so your skeleton head
> might be decorating some teenager's room

Alas poor Yorrick.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Happy -----