Fortune favors the lucky.

interests / soc.culture.china / Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

SubjectAuthor
* Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paltlee1
+* Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’dubenski
|+* Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’Byker
||`* Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended bbmoore
|| `* Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended bltlee1
||  +- Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended bbmoore
||  `- Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended bbmoore
|`* Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended bltlee1
| `* Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasnlookie
|  `- Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul WolfovitzByker
`- Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended bwakal...@yahoo.com.sg

1
Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<7c845ebf-f93e-493f-bb39-335c244d4062n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4717&group=soc.culture.china#4717

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 12:43:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Opinion_|_The_‘Forever_War’_Hasn’t_Ended_by_Pa
ul_Wolfovitz
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 19:43 UTC

"President Biden, like his two immediate predecessors, seems to think you can end “forever wars” simply by leaving them. But Thursday’s unprovoked attack, on people who were fleeing and those who were helping them, demonstrates the truth of the soldier’s adage that “the enemy always gets a vote.”

On the day Kabul fell to the Taliban, the president declared that he wouldn’t ask “our troops to fight on endlessly in another country’s civil war, taking casualties, suffering life-shattering injuries, leaving families broken by grief and loss. This is not in our national-security interest. It is not what the American people want.”

The appeal is easy to understand. Even as a civilian, I’ve seen enough of those life-shattering injuries, enough of the grief and loss of Gold Star families, to know that I don’t want it to continue for one day more than necessary.

But what is necessary? Those who complain of “forever wars” seem to ignore the reason we were in Afghanistan in the first place, or they misstate it, as Mr. Biden did in this instance. We were never in Afghanistan to participate in its civil war. We went there to prevent a murderous gang from regaining control of Afghanistan, where they ruled 20 years ago and where they enabled an attack that killed nearly 3,000 people on American soil.

The war with that gang and its affiliates won’t end because the U.S.. has quit. ...

The candor this moment requires would be difficult for any occupant of the White House, but here are four things that he and his team should acknowledge:
First, the war against terrorists is going to be very long.
Second, it was a mistake for Donald Trump to trust the Taliban and for Mr. Biden to ignore the Taliban’s aggressive opposition to a peaceful outcome.
Third, choosing to avoid “forever war” by abandoning our Afghan allies was both costly and dishonorable."
Fourth, the president was wrong to disparage the bravery of the Afghans, 66,000 of whom have died defending their country—nearly 30 times the number of American combat deaths in Afghanistan."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/endless-war-afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-taliban-isis-mass-casualty-terror-attack-taiwan-11630076447?

Who is right? Joe Biden or Paul Wolfovitz?

Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<sggbd6$t2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4734&group=soc.culture.china#4734

From: duben...@gmail.com (dubenski)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_Opinion_|_The_‘Forever_War’_
Hasn’t_Ended_by_Paul_Wolfovitz
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 00:08:11 +0800
 by: dubenski - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 16:08 UTC

For 20 years they were no protest from overseas and back home, and yet with
every conceivable firepower, the American did not come close to the Taliban.

message news:7c845ebf-f93e-493f-bb39-335c244d4062n@googlegroups.com...

[...]

<98-dnQISZMtzKLb8nZ2dnUU7-XvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4735&group=soc.culture.china#4735

Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!news.neodome.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed9.news.xs4all.nl!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc3.netnews.com!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,talk.politics.misc,sci.military.naval,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.culture.taiwan
Hasn’t_Ended_by_Paul_Wolfovitz
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 11:29:34 -0500
 by: Byker - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 16:29 UTC

"dubenski" AKA "bobo" AKA "vonnie" AKA "starlet" AKA "dean"
wrote in message news:sggbd6$t2n$1@dont-email.me...

> For 20 years they were no protest from overseas and back home, and yet
> with every conceivable firepower, the American did not come close to the
> Taliban.

Let's see the Chingchongs do better...

Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<bfc82aeb-e7b5-4a20-bda5-10adedcb9eben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4742&group=soc.culture.china#4742

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 13:42:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Opinion_|_The_‘Forever_War’_Hasn’t_Ended_b
y_Paul_Wolfovitz
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 20:42 UTC

On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 9:29:41 AM UTC-7, Byker wrote:
> "dubenski" AKA "bobo" AKA "vonnie" AKA "starlet" AKA "dean"
> wrote in message news:sggbd6$t2n$1...@dont-email.me...
> >
> > For 20 years they were no protest from overseas and back home, and yet
> > with every conceivable firepower, the American did not come close to the
> > Taliban.
> Let's see the Chingchongs do better...

The Chinese government doesn't care if the Taliban rape, pillage and kill little girls who want to go to school. They say it is an internal matter for the Afghanis to handle. The Chinese government just wants to make money and win allies. Deeply immoral bastards.

Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<8d564855-eeff-4687-a365-358e3a1b2aaen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4743&group=soc.culture.china#4743

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 13:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
y_Paul_Wolfovitz
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 20:59 UTC

On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 4:42:38 PM UTC-4, bmoore wrote:
> On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 9:29:41 AM UTC-7, Byker wrote:
> > "dubenski" AKA "bobo" AKA "vonnie" AKA "starlet" AKA "dean"
> > wrote in message news:sggbd6$t2n$1...@dont-email.me...
> > >
> > > For 20 years they were no protest from overseas and back home, and yet
> > > with every conceivable firepower, the American did not come close to the
> > > Taliban.
> > Let's see the Chingchongs do better...
> The Chinese government doesn't care if the Taliban rape, pillage and kill little girls who want to go to school. They say it is an internal matter for the Afghanis to handle. The Chinese government just wants to make money and win allies. Deeply immoral bastards.

Chinese government does not kill Afghanistan citizens, young and old, and small girls indiscriminately.
BBC video https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1431617612883005441

"Many we spoke to, including eyewitnesses, said significant numbers of those killed were shot dead by US forces in the panic after the blast."

Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<ec1085cd-ccb2-4cc9-9852-317277587d95n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4745&group=soc.culture.china#4745

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 14:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
y_Paul_Wolfovitz
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 21:13 UTC

https://twitter.com/AfghanUpdates/status/1431944609379278853
Afghanistan 24/7
@AfghanUpdates
·
9h
"Most victims of #KabulAirportBlast were not killed by the blast but by bullets fired at them by the Americans."

Faisal of Kabul Lovers channel interviewed aid workers at Emergency Hospital in #Kabul and this is what t

On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 12:08:09 PM UTC-4, dubenski wrote:
> For 20 years they were no protest from overseas and back home, and yet with
> every conceivable firepower, the American did not come close to the Taliban.
>

> message news:7c845ebf-f93e-493f...@googlegroups.com...
> "President Biden, like his two immediate predecessors, seems to think you
> can end “forever wars” simply by leaving them. But Thursday’s unprovoked
> attack, on people who were fleeing and those who were helping them,
> demonstrates the truth of the soldier’s adage that “the enemy always gets a
> vote.”
>
> On the day Kabul fell to the Taliban, the president declared that he wouldn’t
> ask “our troops to fight on endlessly in another country’s civil war, taking
> casualties, suffering life-shattering injuries, leaving families broken by
> grief and loss. This is not in our national-security interest. It is not
> what the American people want.”
>
> The appeal is easy to understand. Even as a civilian, I’ve seen enough of
> those life-shattering injuries, enough of the grief and loss of Gold Star
> families, to know that I don’t want it to continue for one day more than
> necessary.
>
> But what is necessary? Those who complain of “forever wars” seem to ignore
> the reason we were in Afghanistan in the first place, or they misstate it,
> as Mr. Biden did in this instance. We were never in Afghanistan to
> participate in its civil war. We went there to prevent a murderous gang from
> regaining control of Afghanistan, where they ruled 20 years ago and where
> they enabled an attack that killed nearly 3,000 people on American soil.
>
> The war with that gang and its affiliates won’t end because the U..S. has
> quit. ...
>
> The candor this moment requires would be difficult for any occupant of the
> White House, but here are four things that he and his team should
> acknowledge:
> First, the war against terrorists is going to be very long.
> Second, it was a mistake for Donald Trump to trust the Taliban and for Mr..
> Biden to ignore the Taliban’s aggressive opposition to a peaceful outcome.
> Third, choosing to avoid “forever war” by abandoning our Afghan allies was
> both costly and dishonorable."
> Fourth, the president was wrong to disparage the bravery of the Afghans,
> 66,000 of whom have died defending their country—nearly 30 times the number
> of American combat deaths in Afghanistan."
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/endless-war-afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-taliban-isis-mass-casualty-terror-attack-taiwan-11630076447?
>
> Who is right? Joe Biden or Paul Wolfovitz?

Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<deb5e8d2-bab7-4648-a92a-298a10240f65n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4746&group=soc.culture.china#4746

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 14:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
y_Paul_Wolfovitz
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 21:40 UTC

On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 1:59:43 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 4:42:38 PM UTC-4, bmoore wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 9:29:41 AM UTC-7, Byker wrote:

> > > Let's see the Chingchongs do better...
> > The Chinese government doesn't care if the Taliban rape, pillage and kill little girls who want to go to school. They say it is an internal matter for the Afghanis to handle. The Chinese government just wants to make money and win allies. Deeply immoral bastards.
> Chinese government does not kill Afghanistan citizens, young and old, and small girls indiscriminately.
> BBC video https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1431617612883005441
>
> "Many we spoke to, including eyewitnesses, said significant numbers of those killed were shot dead by US forces in the panic after the blast."

Maybe, maybe not.

The Chinese government doesn't care if the Taliban rape, pillage and kill little girls who want to go to school. They say it is an internal matter for the Afghanis to handle. The Chinese government just wants to make money and win allies. Deeply immoral bastards.

Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<aa5795a3-3159-4258-b82f-72c95ffe54e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4760&group=soc.culture.china#4760

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 18:23:59 -0700 (PDT)
y_Paul_Wolfovitz
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 01:23 UTC

On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 1:59:43 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 4:42:38 PM UTC-4, bmoore wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 9:29:41 AM UTC-7, Byker wrote:

> > > Let's see the Chingchongs do better...
> > The Chinese government doesn't care if the Taliban rape, pillage and kill little girls who want to go to school. They say it is an internal matter for the Afghanis to handle. The Chinese government just wants to make money and win allies. Deeply immoral bastards.
> Chinese government does not kill Afghanistan citizens, young and old, and small girls indiscriminately.

They don't care that the Taliban do.

> BBC video https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1431617612883005441
>
> "Many we spoke to, including eyewitnesses, said significant numbers of those killed were shot dead by US forces in the panic after the blast."

Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<sgim2u$vo9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4766&group=soc.culture.china#4766

From: toi...@tr.com (lookie)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn
’t_Ended_by_Paul_Wolfovitz
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 21:22:39 +0800
 by: lookie - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 13:22 UTC

On 30/8/2021 5:13 am, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> The candor this moment requires would be difficult for any occupant of the
>> White House, but here are four things that he and his team should
>> acknowledge:
>> First, the war against terrorists is going to be very long.
>> Second, it was a mistake for Donald Trump to trust the Taliban and for Mr.
>> Biden to ignore the Taliban’s aggressive opposition to a peaceful outcome.
>> Third, choosing to avoid “forever war” by abandoning our Afghan allies was
>> both costly and dishonorable."
>> Fourth, the president was wrong to disparage the bravery of the Afghans,
>> 66,000 of whom have died defending their country—nearly 30 times the number
>> of American combat deaths in Afghanistan."
>>
>> https://www.wsj.com/articles/endless-war-afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-taliban-isis-mass-casualty-terror-attack-taiwan-11630076447?
>>
>> Who is right? Joe Biden or Paul Wolfovitz?

Not surprise to hear the US soldiers have killed the Afghan people in
the crowd instead.

They probably scrambled for cover, and in the panic, sweeped their
rounds of bursts at the crowd instead, not knowing who is the Taliban or
ISIS-K caarying out the blast.

One problem is the US soldiers did not stand away from the crowd. Also,
there were not any Afghan troops to guard the crowd.

No Afghan troops were stationed to identify and differentiate the
waiting Afghan people if there were suicide terrorist have entered and
immersed with the crowd in the crowded gathering area outside the airport.

Hence, the hundred of Aghan people waiting to fly off died from gunfires
by US troops. The 13 US troops died unmeaningfully from the blast.

The key thing is there is no layer of US security troops to protect the
waiting crowds in the gathered area.

In any case, it is likely there was no Afghan troops at all to guard there.

All of them had changed their uniform to civilians waiting for their
flight in the gathered area. Many Aghan troops could have left
Afghanistan or boarded their flight on the way to other countries.

Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<id2dncVn87COnbD8nZ2dnUU7-N3NnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4771&group=soc.culture.china#4771

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.afghanistan,talk.politics.misc,sci.military.naval,alt.military
Subject: Re:_Opinion_|_The_‘Forever_War’_Hasn’t_Ended_by_Paul_Wolfovitz
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:58:10 -0500
 by: Byker - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 15:58 UTC

"lookie" wrote in message news:sgim2u$vo9$1@dont-email.me...

> In any case, it is likely there was no Afghan troops at all to guard
> there.
>
> All of them had changed their uniform to civilians waiting for their
> flight in the gathered area. Many Aghan troops could have left Afghanistan
> or boarded their flight on the way to other countries.

Afghans recognize no authority above the tribal level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7e6tejlTNw

And it shows: https://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

Re: Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz

<cff0dca7-3155-44ea-8cac-ddbe692d3c0en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4846&group=soc.culture.china#4846

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:16:45 -0700 (PDT)
y_Paul_Wolfovitz
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 05:16 UTC

On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 3:44:00 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "President Biden, like his two immediate predecessors, seems to think you can end “forever wars” simply by leaving them. But Thursday’s unprovoked attack, on people who were fleeing and those who were helping them, demonstrates the truth of the soldier’s adage that “the enemy always gets a vote.”
>
> On the day Kabul fell to the Taliban, the president declared that he wouldn’t ask “our troops to fight on endlessly in another country’s civil war, taking casualties, suffering life-shattering injuries, leaving families broken by grief and loss. This is not in our national-security interest. It is not what the American people want.”
>
> The appeal is easy to understand. Even as a civilian, I’ve seen enough of those life-shattering injuries, enough of the grief and loss of Gold Star families, to know that I don’t want it to continue for one day more than necessary.
>
> But what is necessary? Those who complain of “forever wars” seem to ignore the reason we were in Afghanistan in the first place, or they misstate it, as Mr. Biden did in this instance. We were never in Afghanistan to participate in its civil war. We went there to prevent a murderous gang from regaining control of Afghanistan, where they ruled 20 years ago and where they enabled an attack that killed nearly 3,000 people on American soil.
>
> The war with that gang and its affiliates won’t end because the U..S. has quit. ...
>
> The candor this moment requires would be difficult for any occupant of the White House, but here are four things that he and his team should acknowledge:
> First, the war against terrorists is going to be very long.
> Second, it was a mistake for Donald Trump to trust the Taliban and for Mr.. Biden to ignore the Taliban’s aggressive opposition to a peaceful outcome.
> Third, choosing to avoid “forever war” by abandoning our Afghan allies was both costly and dishonorable."
> Fourth, the president was wrong to disparage the bravery of the Afghans, 66,000 of whom have died defending their country—nearly 30 times the number of American combat deaths in Afghanistan."
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/endless-war-afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-taliban-isis-mass-casualty-terror-attack-taiwan-11630076447?
>
> Who is right? Joe Biden or Paul Wolfovitz?

Wahahaha! I thought Paul Wolfowitz would be in hiding now. This shameless warmonger is gunning for the next big war. He would most likely get his wish as Americans are so easily fooled -- just demonize China and any non-white country, and Americans would go to war.

Wakalukong

interests / soc.culture.china / Opinion | The ‘Forever War’ Hasn’t Ended by Paul Wolfovitz