Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 18:08:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: China_eyes_‘ultra-large_spacecraft’_spanning_mil
es
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 01:08 UTC

"A mega spacecraft assembled in orbit is among projects that Chinese researchers have been invited to study, as the country expands plans
for future space exploration and long-term crewed missions.

The National Natural Science Foundation of China has called on scientists to join a five-year project to study the mechanics of an “ultra-large spacecraft spanning kilometres”.

“[Such a spacecraft] is a major strategic aerospace equipment for the future use of space resources, exploration of the mysteries of the universe and staying in long-term orbit,” said an outline of the project published by the foundation – a basic research funding agency managed by the Ministry of Science and Technology."

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3146224/china-eyes-ultra-large-spacecraft-spanning-miles-us23m-crewed

interests / soc.culture.china / China eyes ‘ultra-large spacecraft’ spanning miles