From: joh...@not.my.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Subject: taking the 5th
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 21:36:56 -0400
 by: john - Thu, 27 May 2021 01:36 UTC

okay so if you shorten the string length by a 3rd the 5th order emerges
(musically) you wish not to incriminate yourself because anything and
everything will be used against you you take the 5th
you walk by the mirror as a 5th generation master's artist and see your
great grand papa silhouette.. <crap, i'm looking old, put down the
brush> yes i walked by the mirror and yep i was wearing a pair of
suspenders to hold up my cut off knicker, ~why am i shaped like a pear
guy~ & ratty miner's cotton shirt round rim old man glasses and saw
multiple generational profiles... damn are we doomed to repeat the paths
of our for fathers?? can we forge a new path or must we succumb to the
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood scenario...
i have striven to take the interesting path yet some how end up back
precisely where my forefather's have been those wild eye crazy folk.
Were those guy really that much ahead of the curve or are they just
kinder-ed spirits making the best out of the tools they could scrape
together. i was raised in a /thou shall not have motorcycles house/ that
my sensible mother tried to tame my wild hair dad in..yet somehow
road/owned a variety of iron horses from the 60's to now. i know mom
just wanted me the best opportunity to live a ripe old age.. but i chose
a different path to really "live" while heading to a ripe old age...
so this brings me to the 5th decade of "triumph's" over Norton
commandos. is this the year that i hang up the cr500's & the yz490's to
go to a more sensible cruiser bike??.... most of my riding buddies are
dead or on their 5th back surgery, sigh.. (excluding that dude made of
titanium mike sturd) maybe i should just finish my 5ht o whiskey and
call it a night....
john
look out here come's handle bar harry

Re: taking the 5th

<s8n2dj$o7o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=48&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#48

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Subject: Re: taking the 5th
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 20:07:29 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Thu, 27 May 2021 03:07 UTC

On 05/26/2021 06:36 PM, john wrote:
> is this the year that i hang up the cr500's & the yz490's to
> go to a more sensible cruiser bike??.... most of my riding buddies are
> dead or on their 5th back surgery, sigh.. (excluding that dude made of
> titanium mike sturd) maybe i should just finish my 5ht o whiskey and
> call it a night....

If I had to guess I'd say you finished it a while back. Maybe that's
the second one there. It seems to have affected your typing...

I'm about to hit the 8th, which means that from now on I SKI FREE! What
does that tell you?

--
Cheers, Bev
"Tip: Place your houseplants in front of the television during

Re: taking the 5th

<hnhlr1fl2p7p.dlg@news.bartheld.net>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=49&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#49

From: news2...@bartheld.net (Volker Bartheld)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 10:27:38 +0200
 by: Volker Bartheld - Thu, 27 May 2021 08:27 UTC

On Wed, 26 May 2021 20:07:29 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 05/26/2021 06:36 PM, john wrote:
>> is this the year that i hang up the cr500's & the yz490's to
>> go to a more sensible cruiser bike??.... most of my riding buddies are
>> dead or on their 5th back surgery, sigh.. (excluding that dude made of
>> titanium mike sturd) maybe i should just finish my 5ht o whiskey and
>> call it a night....
> I'm about to hit the 8th, which means that from now on I SKI FREE! What
> does that tell you?

That you're still young enough to miss out on golfing. Which is a good
thing. Not all hope is lost. If I were john, I would keep the widowmaker
(aka. CR500R) as pension provision and investment. I've ridden a KTM 380
once, 20 years ago, when I was testing a couple of GasGas (EC250 and 300
IIRC). Might be a bit similar to the 490, didn't really like it. Lacking
the snappiness of smaller 2s (or me lacking skills) but then suddently
ripping your arms out. When I go big bore, I take the 620
Supercompetition. 23 years old, still running strong, enemy of all
neighbours.

Volker

Re: taking the 5th

<s8o315$14ru$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=50&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#50

From: not...@home.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 08:23:24 -0400
 by: john - Thu, 27 May 2021 12:23 UTC

On 5/27/2021 4:27 AM, Volker Bartheld wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2021 20:07:29 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 05/26/2021 06:36 PM, john wrote:
>>> is this the year that i hang up the cr500's & the yz490's to
>>> go to a more sensible cruiser bike??.... most of my riding buddies are
>>> dead or on their 5th back surgery, sigh.. (excluding that dude made of
>>> titanium mike sturd) maybe i should just finish my 5ht o whiskey and
>>> call it a night....
>> I'm about to hit the 8th, which means that from now on I SKI FREE! What
>> does that tell you?
>
> That you're still young enough to miss out on golfing. Which is a good
> thing. Not all hope is lost. If I were john, I would keep the widowmaker
> (aka. CR500R) as pension provision and investment. I've ridden a KTM 380
> once, 20 years ago, when I was testing a couple of GasGas (EC250 and 300
> IIRC). Might be a bit similar to the 490, didn't really like it. Lacking
> the snappiness of smaller 2s (or me lacking skills) but then suddently
> ripping your arms out. When I go big bore, I take the 620
> Supercompetition. 23 years old, still running strong, enemy of all
> neighbours.
>
> Volker

golfing, used to do that once a year for some fundraiser.
i enjoyed smacking the crap out of the ball. my lack of
self control often had me a hundred yards either side of
the target. widow maker is gathering dust in the barn, only
the gasgasEC250 gets out a few times per year. i've
tried to tame the noise of the 2stroke with a dB snorkel and it
does a fair job, just not as stealth as i would really like...
the 80's open-class 2strokes are just plain silly, they rattle
dishes in neighbor's cupboard..
john

--

Re: taking the 5th

<s8o3nf$1fre$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=51&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#51

From: not...@home.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 08:35:18 -0400
 by: john - Thu, 27 May 2021 12:35 UTC

On 5/26/2021 11:07 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 05/26/2021 06:36 PM, john wrote:
>>  is this the year that i hang up the cr500's & the yz490's to
>> go to a more sensible cruiser bike??.... most of my riding buddies are
>> dead or on their 5th back surgery, sigh.. (excluding that dude made of
>> titanium mike sturd) maybe i should just finish my 5ht o whiskey and
>> call it a night....
>
> If I had to guess I'd say you finished it a while back.  Maybe that's
> the second one there.  It seems to have affected your typing...

LoL my typing is crap drunk or sober, that's why i have a VERY good
secretary,

> I'm about to hit the 8th, which means that from now on I SKI FREE!  What
> does that tell you?

ouch 8th, that's impressive

>> john
>>     look out here come's handle bar harry

Re: taking the 5th

<d1f2eece-c3eb-427d-bdde-8bd9f899ebb9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=52&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#52

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 08:34:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: sturd.vi...@gmail.com (Michael Sturdevant)
 by: Michael Sturdevant - Thu, 27 May 2021 15:34 UTC

john rambles:

> >> is this the year that i hang up the cr500's & the yz490's to
> >> go to a more sensible cruiser bike??.... most of my riding buddies are
> >> dead or on their 5th back surgery, sigh.. (excluding that dude made of
> >> titanium mike sturd) maybe i should just finish my 5ht o whiskey and
> >> call it a night....

Not riding is a good way to get old faster.

Smith Rd motocross Memorial Day. Bring out the gas-gas they have a plus 60 class. I'm riding
my '15 YZ250f. Going to bring the Gold Star probably to show off. July 4 race they are having a Memorial
for George Singler and I'll for sure have it there then since he built it.

If you can get your hands on the latest AMA magazine, very nice reminiscence about George in it.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

Re: taking the 5th

<s8omr0$uau$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=53&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#53

From: not...@home.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 14:01:28 -0400
 by: john - Thu, 27 May 2021 18:01 UTC

On 5/27/2021 11:34 AM, Michael Sturdevant wrote:
> john rambles:

> Not riding is a good way to get old faster.
>
> Smith Rd motocross Memorial Day. Bring out the gas-gas they have a plus 60 class. I'm riding
> my '15 YZ250f. Going to bring the Gold Star probably to show off. July 4 race they are having a Memorial
> for George Singler and I'll for sure have it there then since he built it.
>
> If you can get your hands on the latest AMA magazine, very nice reminiscence about George in it.
>
> Go fast. Take chances.
> Mike S.

bummer i have a schedule conflict.. that would have
been fun to hear stories about the shirtless old guy.
john
heck of a great guy, miss him