The problem with graduate students, in general, is that they have to sleep every few days.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

SubjectAuthor
* Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?bosodeniro@gmail.com
`* Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?Thomas Joseph
 +* Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?Judith Latham
         `* Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?OllieNorthie@aol.com
          +- Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?Thomas Joseph
          `* Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?Thomas Joseph
           +- Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?bosodeniro@gmail.com
           `* Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?bosodeniro@gmail.com
            `* Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?Thomas Joseph
             `* Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?bosodeniro@gmail.com
              `- Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?Thomas Joseph

1
Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<7df559bb-e485-4dda-8889-4ecf1864587en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4652&group=alt.life.sucks#4652

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 23:21:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 06:21 UTC

Like DM as if it means Direct Messaging? — I mean who the fuck thinks up this shit and thinks it's viral gold? The SOB oughta be shot and ollie suck his cock off.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<b471a08a-3b5e-44a3-a0b5-113fd83c9678n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4672&group=alt.life.sucks#4672

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 16:14:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 23:14 UTC

bosodeniro@gmail.com wrote:

> Like DM as if it means Direct Messaging? — I mean who the fuck thinks up this shit and thinks it's viral gold? The SOB oughta be shot and ollie suck his cock off.

Seems lots of time that word shortening is not needed, especially when the number of syllables doesn't change. Direct Messaging has 4 syllables - DM only two. That's not much of a difference. Besides that, how it is used in a sentence has to count for something. For instance the internet version might be, "Yeah, the guy kept DMing me all night long", which now makes it 3 syllables, creeping even closer to the original 4. I am all for acronyms and abbreviations when they make sense, which seems to happen only rarely.. I guess the good ones typically last, the bad ones fade away. Oh if only I could see deep into the future to see how people communicate at that time so I could adapt their methods today and become the first in my neighborhood to be really 'hip and trendy'. "HAT".

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<vvghngpbo51d0i9b1pnu18j77tjp0jh7m7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4674&group=alt.life.sucks#4674

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 23:24:40 -0400
Complaints: kiss my ass
 by: Judith Latham - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 03:24 UTC

On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 16:14:09 -0700 (PDT), Thomas Joseph
<jazeev1234@gmail.com> wrote:

>bosodeniro@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Like DM as if it means Direct Messaging? — I mean who the fuck thinks up this shit and thinks it's viral gold? The SOB oughta be shot and ollie suck his cock off.
>

>Seems lots of time that word shortening is not needed, especially when the number of syllables doesn't change. Direct Messaging has 4 syllables - DM only two. That's not much of a difference. Besides that, how it is used in a sentence has to count for something. For instance the internet version might be, "Yeah, the guy kept DMing me all night long", which now makes it 3 syllables, creeping even closer to the original 4. I am all for acronyms and abbreviations when they make sense, which seems to happen only rarely. I guess the good ones typically last, the bad ones fade away. Oh if only I could see deep into the future to see how people communicate at that time so I could adapt their methods today and become the first in my neighborhood to be really 'hip and trendy'. "HAT".

Well, the SOB kind of shortens that phrase. What is Direct Messaging
anyway? Either you message someone or you don't. What's an Indirect
message? Telling you to tell Ollie to tell Bozo for me?

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<9bfb7d98-c9f0-4588-85cd-01dd65413a8an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4686&group=alt.life.sucks#4686

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 16:18:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:18 UTC

On Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 4:14:10 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> bosod...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Like DM as if it means Direct Messaging? — I mean who the fuck thinks up this shit and thinks it's viral gold? The SOB oughta be shot and ollie suck his cock off.
> Seems lots of time that word shortening is not needed, especially when the number of syllables doesn't change. Direct Messaging has 4 syllables - DM only two. That's not much of a difference. Besides that, how it is used in a sentence has to count for something. For instance the internet version might be, "Yeah, the guy kept DMing me all night long", which now makes it 3 syllables, creeping even closer to the original 4. I am all for acronyms and abbreviations when they make sense, which seems to happen only rarely. I guess the good ones typically last, the bad ones fade away. Oh if only I could see deep into the future to see how people communicate at that time so I could adapt their methods today and become the first in my neighborhood to be really 'hip and trendy'. "HAT".

HAT!? WTF is HAT?

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<6f43f18d-e2e8-4398-bc64-3d6b399c4e99n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4693&group=alt.life.sucks#4693

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 17:31:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 00:31 UTC

> Well, the SOB kind of shortens that phrase. What is Direct Messaging
> anyway? Either you message someone or you don't. What's an Indirect
> message? Telling you to tell Ollie to tell Bozo for me?

I am not sure what direct messaging is. I thought it was like instant messaging where it's a real time conversation, which I do not like on the internet. I don't like FaceTime either. In some ways these functions seem intrusive and boring. I can see people using it thousands of miles from each other and after a while one yells into the device, "Look me in the eyes, don't you dare turn away from me when I'm talking." Not having to look at someone while talking is what makes the phone such a great relaxing instrument.. I do find acronyms interesting though, to some small degree. SSD - some small degree. To be a really good acronym it not only has to shorten the words or the syllables, it has to have a sound that stands on it's own as a word. Most acronyms don't do that. But the ones that do tend to stick around. I can picture a roomful of analysts poring over data from this or that company, all looking for good sounding acronyms and willing to pay for them. Making up the acronym is interesting. I believe the meaning is there first and they just keep looking for the right letters to form the most memorable acre-word. A good example is SAD - seasonal affective disorder. Affected by the seasons. Some call it 'winter depression." I know they sat around a while before coming up with that one. I'll bet they had no problem with the 'Seasonal' part. Or the ultimate acronym itself, SAD. But I'll be they had to do a little searching to dig out the 'affective' part. 'D' is a good ending for lots of acronyms as it can be 'disorder' or 'dysfunction' or 'disease' - covering a lot of ground. So if your acronym has a D in it, man you're halfway home.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<26fb3f57-61cc-4087-9a36-4bb56f2f81d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4694&group=alt.life.sucks#4694

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 17:41:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 00:41 UTC

> HAT!? WTF is HAT?

Hip And Trendy, man - but only hep people know it, so don't feel so bad about asking. I still think it's funny the time I went to my third gut doctor to find out he knew as little as the first two when he boldly announced in no uncertain terms that on the basis of my description of my problem I had SIBO. It is pronounced see-beau. When he first said it I pictured it as CIBO for some reason. "Ok", I shrugged, "what does it mean."

"SIBO", he said, is "small intestinal bacterial overgrowth", for which he prescribed me a two week dose of old school antibiotics which did nothing. But the way he said it with such finality and seeming self assurance which was actually arrogance as always with these white coat mother fuckers. It's funny. I can picture them working on the acronym when a guy bursts into the main office from the think tank basement below shouting, "I've got it, I've got it - SIBO. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth", with the roomful of whitecaps bursting into wild applause.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<slcslf$dut$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4698&group=alt.life.sucks#4698

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 20:59:20 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 00:59 UTC

On 10/27/2021 8:41 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> HAT!? WTF is HAT?
>

> Hip And Trendy, man - but only hep people know it, so don't feel so bad about asking. I still think it's funny the time I went to my third gut doctor to find out he knew as little as the first two when he boldly announced in no uncertain terms that on the basis of my description of my problem I had SIBO. It is pronounced see-beau. When he first said it I pictured it as CIBO for some reason. "Ok", I shrugged, "what does it mean."
>
> "SIBO", he said, is "small intestinal bacterial overgrowth", for which he prescribed me a two week dose of old school antibiotics which did nothing. But the way he said it with such finality and seeming self assurance which was actually arrogance as always with these white coat mother fuckers. It's funny. I can picture them working on the acronym when a guy bursts into the main office from the think tank basement below shouting, "I've got it, I've got it - SIBO. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth", with the roomful of whitecaps bursting into wild applause.

Not to get off track here, but is SIBO some fancy term for saying you
have a bug up your ass? I mean that in a medical sense; not to be
confused when someone uses that term to describe someone else with an
annoying attitude.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<0a5be5a3-28ba-4b13-9041-0a9e6f290b4dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4704&group=alt.life.sucks#4704

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 18:29:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 01:29 UTC

> Not to get off track here, but is SIBO some fancy term for saying you
> have a bug up your ass? I mean that in a medical sense; not to be
> confused when someone uses that term to describe someone else with an
> annoying attitude.

It's some fancy term designed specifically to make the patient feel the doctor knows more than he really does. I like to guess at acronyms. I would have liked to do it in the doctor's office, but I could tell he was not in the mood for wasting time. He was as lousy a doctor as the others I had seen. Only difference was he had a sense of humor. I told him about the time I drove cab in L.A. and got a call in Little Tokyo. I was about 15 minutes away when I took the call. I had just cut a fart. A really harsh one. I kept lighting match after match and putting them by my crotch. Then I got off the street and hit the adjoining highway with all 4 windows down, the air rushing in. I was convinced when I arrived at my destination that the reek was gone. A small Japanese woman was standing outside the restaurant. She got in the back door. She gave me her address. Then there was silence followed by - a good thing here to image a very heavy Japanese accent - "Uh, dissa taxi - it stink!" The doctor burst into laughter. I did tell the story well because I do it with the accent and it was a real story. He left the room for a short time and the nurse told me that she had worked with him for 4 years and that was the loudest he had ever laughed." I seethe about it to this day - although egotistically I am proud of making the doctor laugh - that I gave the guy the best of myself, yet as a professional he did nothing for me.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<sld2o2$e8a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4707&group=alt.life.sucks#4707

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 22:43:09 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 02:43 UTC

On 10/27/2021 9:29 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> Not to get off track here, but is SIBO some fancy term for saying you
>> have a bug up your ass? I mean that in a medical sense; not to be
>> confused when someone uses that term to describe someone else with an
>> annoying attitude.
>

> It's some fancy term designed specifically to make the patient feel the doctor knows more than he really does. I like to guess at acronyms. I would have liked to do it in the doctor's office, but I could tell he was not in the mood for wasting time. He was as lousy a doctor as the others I had seen. Only difference was he had a sense of humor. I told him about the time I drove cab in L.A. and got a call in Little Tokyo. I was about 15 minutes away when I took the call. I had just cut a fart. A really harsh one. I kept lighting match after match and putting them by my crotch. Then I got off the street and hit the adjoining highway with all 4 windows down, the air rushing in. I was convinced when I arrived at my destination that the reek was gone. A small Japanese woman was standing outside the restaurant. She got in the back door. She gave me her address. Then there was silence followed by - a good thing here to image a very heavy Japanese accent - "Uh, dissa taxi - it stink!" The doctor burst into laughter. I did tell the story well because I do it with the accent and it was a real story. He left the room for a short time and the nurse told me that she had worked with him for 4 years and that was the loudest he had ever laughed." I seethe about it to this day - although egotistically I am proud of making the doctor laugh - that I gave the guy the best of myself, yet as a professional he did nothing for me.

A good sense of humor is more important than medical competence. I'm
surprised a Japanese woman would complain about a fart. Have you ever
ridden the Tokyo subway? I traveled there in my college days for Spring
Break one year. Very stupid idea because the Japs give less than a rat's
ass about Spring Break. With time to spare we decided to visit downtown
Tokyo via the subway. Because of my girth, I was not a popular sight on
their crowded trains. When I blew a fart for the ages, their opinion of
me changed. Apparently a sushi fart is a much desired aroma in parts of
Asia. Almost in unison, the people started saying "Ah, thank you Miss
America". At first I was flattered because I thought they were
complimenting my looks. Later I discovered that they call all unknown
White women "Miss America". Anyway, they absolutely loved my fart. Maybe
your passenger was a Filipino, who are not as fond of farts as a Jap.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<d5c65f87-0380-43ab-92dd-18f6cbd9bf3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4715&group=alt.life.sucks#4715

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 14:52:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 21:52 UTC

> A good sense of humor is more important than medical competence. I'm
> surprised a Japanese woman would complain about a fart. Have you ever
> ridden the Tokyo subway? I traveled there in my college days for Spring
> Break one year. Very stupid idea because the Japs give less than a rat's
> ass about Spring Break. With time to spare we decided to visit downtown
> Tokyo via the subway. Because of my girth, I was not a popular sight on
> their crowded trains. When I blew a fart for the ages, their opinion of
> me changed. Apparently a sushi fart is a much desired aroma in parts of
> Asia. Almost in unison, the people started saying "Ah, thank you Miss
> America". At first I was flattered because I thought they were
> complimenting my looks. Later I discovered that they call all unknown
> White women "Miss America". Anyway, they absolutely loved my fart. Maybe
> your passenger was a Filipino, who are not as fond of farts as a Jap.

The fart probably did have an honest to goodness reek to it. Anytime you can smell your own farts minutes after cutting them you're onto something powerful. The real test is to cut a fart doing 80 MPH on a motorcycle. Lots of wind at that speed. If you can cut a fart under those conditions and still smell it, you know you've got a prize winner. Well, I never did that because I don't have a motorcycle and never did, but I would guess the Little Tokyo fart was in that strata. I knew when I cut it that it was strong. The sulfur from the matches seemed to draw out even more stench. Stubborn stench clinging still to the insides of whatever fabric is being worn. But after 15 minutes, a good deal of it on the highway with all windows down and wind blowing nicely - I was positive the stench was gone when I arrived. But it was still there when the Jap got in. Who knows, maybe what she smelled came from some guy who drove the cab before me. I drove for a fleet back then, each day a random car. Some did smell. Bad. I kept mine clean, wouldn't leave the lot without cleaning it up. But farting is another story. My motto about farts for those who don't much like them is a simple reminder: "No matter how strong they don't last long." And it's true, all farts eventually disappear. How long it takes to disappear determines the fart's value.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<slfni2$odv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4718&group=alt.life.sucks#4718

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 22:50:37 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 02:50 UTC

On 10/28/2021 5:52 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> A good sense of humor is more important than medical competence. I'm
>> surprised a Japanese woman would complain about a fart. Have you ever
>> ridden the Tokyo subway? I traveled there in my college days for Spring
>> Break one year. Very stupid idea because the Japs give less than a rat's
>> ass about Spring Break. With time to spare we decided to visit downtown
>> Tokyo via the subway. Because of my girth, I was not a popular sight on
>> their crowded trains. When I blew a fart for the ages, their opinion of
>> me changed. Apparently a sushi fart is a much desired aroma in parts of
>> Asia. Almost in unison, the people started saying "Ah, thank you Miss
>> America". At first I was flattered because I thought they were
>> complimenting my looks. Later I discovered that they call all unknown
>> White women "Miss America". Anyway, they absolutely loved my fart. Maybe
>> your passenger was a Filipino, who are not as fond of farts as a Jap.
>

> The fart probably did have an honest to goodness reek to it. Anytime you can smell your own farts minutes after cutting them you're onto something powerful. The real test is to cut a fart doing 80 MPH on a motorcycle. Lots of wind at that speed. If you can cut a fart under those conditions and still smell it, you know you've got a prize winner. Well, I never did that because I don't have a motorcycle and never did, but I would guess the Little Tokyo fart was in that strata. I knew when I cut it that it was strong. The sulfur from the matches seemed to draw out even more stench. Stubborn stench clinging still to the insides of whatever fabric is being worn. But after 15 minutes, a good deal of it on the highway with all windows down and wind blowing nicely - I was positive the stench was gone when I arrived. But it was still there when the Jap got in. Who knows, maybe what she smelled came from some guy who drove the cab before me. I drove for a fleet back then, each day a random car. Some did smell. Bad. I kept mine clean, wouldn't leave the lot without cleaning it up. But farting is another story. My motto about farts for those who don't much like them is a simple reminder: "No matter how strong they don't last long." And it's true, all farts eventually disappear. How long it takes to disappear determines the fart's value.

I saw this poem on my cooking group and I thought you'd appreciate it:
As I sat by the Duchess at tea.
She said: "Do you fart when you pee?"
I replied with some wit,
"Do you belch when you shit?"
And felt that was one-up to me!

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<6b72f733-1dcb-4715-aa21-c1d5c6d26dfen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4743&group=alt.life.sucks#4743

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 15:16:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 22:16 UTC

> As I sat by the Duchess at tea.
> She said: "Do you fart when you pee?"
> I replied with some wit,
> "Do you belch when you shit?"
> And felt that was one-up to me!

I was never any good at those limerick type things, so for now I'll just say they are not my cup of tea sipped with or without the Duchess.

There once was a fatso named Latham
Whose job was to make people laugh-um
An American Indian by birth
Yet given unto mirth
She says, "Laugh at my jokes or feel my wrath-um."

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<f2c6d4d2-bbfb-41a0-b05e-c1e27f3b92ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4766&group=alt.life.sucks#4766

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 01:35:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 08:35 UTC

On Friday, October 29, 2021 at 6:16:48 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > As I sat by the Duchess at tea.
> > She said: "Do you fart when you pee?"
> > I replied with some wit,
> > "Do you belch when you shit?"
> > And felt that was one-up to me!
> I was never any good at those limerick type things, so for now I'll just say they are not my cup of tea sipped with or without the Duchess.
>
> There once was a fatso named Latham
> Whose job was to make people laugh-um
> An American Indian by birth
> Yet given unto mirth
> She says, "Laugh at my jokes or feel my wrath-um."

Is Elizabeth Warren a Jew?

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<5b545aa9-88fe-4ec1-a641-8e4128372378n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4776&group=alt.life.sucks#4776

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 17:02:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 00:02 UTC

> Is Elizabeth Warren a Jew?

I don't even know who she is. I know she's a politico of some sort, but I don't know her face. I really don't follow that crap. But if anyone can find out if she's a Jew or not I'm the guy. Hold on a minute.

Ok, she's a democrat and is for the Palestinians, not so much against the Jews. She is for the Palestinians in a "Skyving Pulling" way, to make herself look like she cares for the underdogs in life. But in reality she cares for nothing. I am assuming she is not a Jew. But she could be. Some Jews get to feeling high and mighty and proud pretending to stick up for the Palestinians, which is not much different from a Jew lawyer prosecuting an ex Nazi war criminal and a Jew lawyer defending him going out for drinks and laughing it up each day after court convenes.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<2ff33bca-9d73-414c-bc2a-745e948dc979n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4777&group=alt.life.sucks#4777

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 17:11:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 00:11 UTC

> Is Elizabeth Warren a Jew?

Checked out some sites. Lots of holes in some of the reports. Grew up dirt poor in Oklahoma yet somehow managed to attend 4 different colleges, the last of which was Harvard where she graduated with a degree in law. She doesn't have to be a Jew. Just going to Harvard is good enough in the same way that a non Jew working in NYC takes on Jewish mannerisms - the old osmosis-kike thing - way of speaking, attitude, usually loud and demanding. So even if she's not Jewish she still counts as one thanks to attending Harvard. Another law creep.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<2461d967-5281-4404-bd1f-29f8ec5a9d2bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4785&group=alt.life.sucks#4785

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 17:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 00:40 UTC

On Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 5:11:11 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Is Elizabeth Warren a Jew?
> Checked out some sites. Lots of holes in some of the reports. Grew up dirt poor in Oklahoma yet somehow managed to attend 4 different colleges, the last of which was Harvard where she graduated with a degree in law. She doesn't have to be a Jew. Just going to Harvard is good enough in the same way that a non Jew working in NYC takes on Jewish mannerisms - the old osmosis-kike thing - way of speaking, attitude, usually loud and demanding. So even if she's not Jewish she still counts as one thanks to attending Harvard. Another law creep.

Another law creep eh, ollie? You know what that tells me ollie? — that you're a coward ollie. How many fights you been in ollie? I betcha close to none and you been bitch slapped plenty.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<f01cc2f9-743c-4150-8c61-3e18dfd5e93bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4787&group=alt.life.sucks#4787

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 17:44:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 00:44 UTC

On Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 5:11:11 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Is Elizabeth Warren a Jew?
> Checked out some sites. Lots of holes in some of the reports. Grew up dirt poor in Oklahoma yet somehow managed to attend 4 different colleges, the last of which was Harvard where she graduated with a degree in law. She doesn't have to be a Jew. Just going to Harvard is good enough in the same way that a non Jew working in NYC takes on Jewish mannerisms - the old osmosis-kike thing - way of speaking, attitude, usually loud and demanding. So even if she's not Jewish she still counts as one thanks to attending Harvard. Another law creep.

Ooops my bad — another ollie tommy coward mix up. I still don't see much substance difference in you two doppelgangers. Style yes but no substance.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<1b8c8b4f-e833-4bc6-b764-2871f91be83fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4831&group=alt.life.sucks#4831

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 18:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 01:58 UTC

> Ooops my bad — another ollie tommy coward mix up. I still don't see much substance difference in you two doppelgangers. Style yes but no substance.

Where else do you post, Bozo? And why do you post to this group to begin with if everything you see bugs you so much? I think you are a secret admirer of Ollie and me. You know the score. You know we are superior in many ways. But of course we are only humans and thus doomed at all times to stupidity on one level or another.

Bozo - the substantive one!

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<44f5f7c3-4115-4db9-bb29-893aea1022a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4832&group=alt.life.sucks#4832

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 20:39:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 03:39 UTC

On Monday, November 1, 2021 at 6:58:22 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Ooops my bad — another ollie tommy coward mix up. I still don't see much substance difference in you two doppelgangers. Style yes but no substance.
> Where else do you post, Bozo? And why do you post to this group to begin with if everything you see bugs you so much? I think you are a secret admirer of Ollie and me. You know the score. You know we are superior in many ways. But of course we are only humans and thus doomed at all times to stupidity on one level or another.
>
> Bozo - the substantive one!

You're right. I quit. Fuck you. And ollie too.

Re: Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?

<64cf9f92-e596-4e47-8489-6ac8711f0bddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4972&group=alt.life.sucks#4972

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 12:45:21 -0800 (PST)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 7 Nov 2021 20:45 UTC

I could be posting this into any thread but am trying as hard as possible to maintain good newsgroup etiquette which says it's best to always stay on topic, which in this case is acronyms. One of my favorite topics lately, along with it's ever gnawing question, "At what point does a conglomeration of words become worthy of acronymism?" As I said earlier, some are a step backwards, actually taking longer to pronounce than the original word they replace. It's mostly an internet thing which in time becomes a societal thing. I don't like the way people are green-lighting unworthy acronyms. They should serve a purpose, same as an abbreviation, to shorten things up, especially in the newsgroup. For example, here's one of my own creative acronyms, just thought of it today - and remember, the purpose of an acronym is to shorten up too many words (or syllables) to make our posts shorter and more to the point, if there is one: SAP - (Super Abbreviated Postmentationalism). See, now that makes sense because the words abbreviated and postmentationalism are too long. Gotta shorten that shit up.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Who the fuck makes up acronyms for the Web?