interests / rec.games.trivia / RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super Bowls

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super BowlsMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super BowlsDan Tilque
+- Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super BowlsErland Sommarskog
+- Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super BowlsJoshua Kreitzer
+- Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super BowlsPete Gayde
+* Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super BowlsDan Blum
|`- Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super BowlsMamta Gathala
`- RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3 answers: drug movies, Super BowlsMark Brader

1
RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super Bowls

<bZKdncm37sbTkJH5nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4592&group=rec.games.trivia#4592

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super Bowls
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 05:10:38 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 05:10 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2014-02-03,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of the Cellar Rats, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """
notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 4, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

Answer these 2014 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

1. Sunday, Pope Francis released two doves as a symbol of peace.
They were immediately attacked by two other birds. What kind?
Name either one.

2. It was reported Monday that in order to study their immune
noses of volunteers? Again, be specific.

* Game 4, Round 2 - Entertainment - Drugs on Film

Movies featuring drug use. In questions #1-2 the drugs are fictional,
and in the remaining questions they're real ones.

1. Name this 1984 sci-fi movie that stars Kyle MacLachlan as Paul
Atreides, who consumes "spice" or "melange".

2. Name this 2006 movie about addiction to "Substance D", starring
Keanu Reeves, Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder, and Robert
Downey Jr. Adapted from a novel by Philip K. Dick.

3. Name this 1978 movie loosely based on the experiences of
American college student Billy Hayes in a Turkish prison,
where he was sent for attempting to smuggle hash. The title
is prison slang for attempting escape.

4. In the 1970 rock documentary "Woodstock", what specific drug
were people warned not to take?

5. Name this 1975 rock opera movie that features Tina Turner
performing "Acid Queen".

6. Name this 1983 movie about multiple drugs, most famously cocaine.
Famous quote: "Say hello to my little friend."

7. Name this 1996 British movie, set in Scotland, about heroin
and urban poverty. Stars Ewan MacGregor and Johnny Lee Miller.
Voted Best Scottish Film of All Time.

8. Name this 1995 movie starring Leonardo di Caprio, about
escalating drug use including cocaine and heroin, as well as
high school sports.

9. Name this 2003 movie starring Holly Hunter, Nikki Reed, and
Evan Rachel Wood. Written by Nikki Reed along with director
Catherine Hardwicke, it is the story of a "good girl" trying
to fit in with the titularly young fast crowd. Multiple drug
use including aerosol inhalants.

10. This 1998 stoner comedy movie stars Dave Chappelle, Jim Breuer,
and Laura Silverman. The group tries to sell medical marijuana
in order to spring a friend from prison. Warning: contains
scenes of massive junk-food consumption.

* Game 4, Round 3 - Sports - Past Super Bowls

All dates in questions and answers refer to the year of the Super
Bowl game itself, not the year of the regular season that led
up to it. In all cases where a team is asked for, you must give
the full name, including the city or whatever, as it was at the
relevant date, e.g. "Toronto St. Patricks".

1. Which team was the first team to win 5 Super Bowls?

2. Name *any one* of the 4 """current""" NFL teams that have never played
in a Super Bowl.

3. Which team """is""" the only team to appear in four consecutive
Super Bowls?

4. Who were the first wild-card team to win the Super Bowl?

5. Which team """has played in four Super Bowls but has never led""" at
any point during these games?

6. """Which player has won""" the Super Bowl MVP award 3 times?

7. """Who is the only player""" to score 3 touchdowns in a Super Bowl
game *twice*?

8. In the 3rd quarter of this Super Bowl, an interception was
returned 49 yards for a touchdown. The ensuing kickoff was
returned 97 yards for a touchdown. The following kickoff was
returned 84 yards for *another* touchdown -- with the converts,
a total of 21 points in 36 seconds of play. Name *either* team,
*or* identify the game either by number or year (for which,
see the preamble).

9. Which future Super-Bowl-winning head coach caught a touchdown
pass from Roger Staubach in Super Bowl VI in 1972?

10. """Which head coach has taken his team to the Super Bowl the
most times?"""

--
Mark Brader | "[Your orders are] to figure out what I would have ordered
msb@vex.net | you to do, if I really understood the situation ... [and]

Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super Bowls

<tuha55$2cskf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4593&group=rec.games.trivia#4593

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 23:21:09 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 07:21 UTC

On 3/10/23 21:10, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 4, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2014 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Sunday, Pope Francis released two doves as a symbol of peace.
> They were immediately attacked by two other birds. What kind?
> Name either one.
>
> 2. It was reported Monday that in order to study their immune
> noses of volunteers? Again, be specific.
>

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Entertainment - Drugs on Film
>
> Movies featuring drug use. In questions #1-2 the drugs are fictional,
> and in the remaining questions they're real ones.
>
> 1. Name this 1984 sci-fi movie that stars Kyle MacLachlan as Paul
> Atreides, who consumes "spice" or "melange".

Dune

> 2. Name this 2006 movie about addiction to "Substance D", starring
> Keanu Reeves, Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder, and Robert
> Downey Jr. Adapted from a novel by Philip K. Dick.
>
> 3. Name this 1978 movie loosely based on the experiences of
> American college student Billy Hayes in a Turkish prison,
> where he was sent for attempting to smuggle hash. The title
> is prison slang for attempting escape.

Midnight Express

> 4. In the 1970 rock documentary "Woodstock", what specific drug
> were people warned not to take?

LSD

> 5. Name this 1975 rock opera movie that features Tina Turner
> performing "Acid Queen".

Tommy

> 6. Name this 1983 movie about multiple drugs, most famously cocaine.
> Famous quote: "Say hello to my little friend."
>
> 7. Name this 1996 British movie, set in Scotland, about heroin
> and urban poverty. Stars Ewan MacGregor and Johnny Lee Miller.
> Voted Best Scottish Film of All Time.

Train Spotting

> 8. Name this 1995 movie starring Leonardo di Caprio, about
> escalating drug use including cocaine and heroin, as well as
> high school sports.
>
> 9. Name this 2003 movie starring Holly Hunter, Nikki Reed, and
> Evan Rachel Wood. Written by Nikki Reed along with director
> Catherine Hardwicke, it is the story of a "good girl" trying
> to fit in with the titularly young fast crowd. Multiple drug
> use including aerosol inhalants.
>
> 10. This 1998 stoner comedy movie stars Dave Chappelle, Jim Breuer,
> and Laura Silverman. The group tries to sell medical marijuana
> in order to spring a friend from prison. Warning: contains
> scenes of massive junk-food consumption.
>

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports - Past Super Bowls
>
> All dates in questions and answers refer to the year of the Super
> Bowl game itself, not the year of the regular season that led
> up to it. In all cases where a team is asked for, you must give
> the full name, including the city or whatever, as it was at the
> relevant date, e.g. "Toronto St. Patricks".
>
> 1. Which team was the first team to win 5 Super Bowls?
>
> 2. Name *any one* of the 4 """current""" NFL teams that have never played
> in a Super Bowl.

Indianapolis Colts

> 3. Which team """is""" the only team to appear in four consecutive
> Super Bowls?
>
> 4. Who were the first wild-card team to win the Super Bowl?
>
> 5. Which team """has played in four Super Bowls but has never led""" at
> any point during these games?

Minnesota Vikings

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super Bowls

<XnsAFC472B545887Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4594&group=rec.games.trivia#4594

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 11:16:34 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 10:16 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 4, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> * Game 4, Round 2 - Entertainment - Drugs on Film
>
> 3. Name this 1978 movie loosely based on the experiences of
> American college student Billy Hayes in a Turkish prison,
> where he was sent for attempting to smuggle hash. The title
> is prison slang for attempting escape.

Midnight Express
> 4. In the 1970 rock documentary "Woodstock", what specific drug
> were people warned not to take?

LSD
> 7. Name this 1996 British movie, set in Scotland, about heroin
> and urban poverty. Stars Ewan MacGregor and Johnny Lee Miller.
> Voted Best Scottish Film of All Time.

Trainspotting
> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports - Past Super Bowls

Nope.

Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super Bowls

<d78fb1b2-0a11-48ff-9192-4f21fe4de4d2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4595&group=rec.games.trivia#4595

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 07:35:41 -0800 (PST)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 15:35 UTC

On Friday, March 10, 2023 at 11:10:48 PM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Entertainment - Drugs on Film
>
> Movies featuring drug use. In questions #1-2 the drugs are fictional,
> and in the remaining questions they're real ones.
>
> 1. Name this 1984 sci-fi movie that stars Kyle MacLachlan as Paul
> Atreides, who consumes "spice" or "melange".

"Dune"

> 2. Name this 2006 movie about addiction to "Substance D", starring
> Keanu Reeves, Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder, and Robert
> Downey Jr. Adapted from a novel by Philip K. Dick.

"A Scanner Darkly"

> 3. Name this 1978 movie loosely based on the experiences of
> American college student Billy Hayes in a Turkish prison,
> where he was sent for attempting to smuggle hash. The title
> is prison slang for attempting escape.

"Midnight Express"

> 4. In the 1970 rock documentary "Woodstock", what specific drug
> were people warned not to take?

brown acid

> 5. Name this 1975 rock opera movie that features Tina Turner
> performing "Acid Queen".

"Tommy"

> 6. Name this 1983 movie about multiple drugs, most famously cocaine.
> Famous quote: "Say hello to my little friend."

"Scarface"

> 7. Name this 1996 British movie, set in Scotland, about heroin
> and urban poverty. Stars Ewan MacGregor and Johnny Lee Miller.
> Voted Best Scottish Film of All Time.

"Trainspotting"

> 8. Name this 1995 movie starring Leonardo di Caprio, about
> escalating drug use including cocaine and heroin, as well as
> high school sports.

"The Basketball Diaries"

> 9. Name this 2003 movie starring Holly Hunter, Nikki Reed, and
> Evan Rachel Wood. Written by Nikki Reed along with director
> Catherine Hardwicke, it is the story of a "good girl" trying
> to fit in with the titularly young fast crowd. Multiple drug
> use including aerosol inhalants.

"Thirteen"

> 10. This 1998 stoner comedy movie stars Dave Chappelle, Jim Breuer,
> and Laura Silverman. The group tries to sell medical marijuana
> in order to spring a friend from prison. Warning: contains
> scenes of massive junk-food consumption.

"How High"

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports - Past Super Bowls
>
> All dates in questions and answers refer to the year of the Super
> Bowl game itself, not the year of the regular season that led
> up to it. In all cases where a team is asked for, you must give
> the full name, including the city or whatever, as it was at the
> relevant date, e.g. "Toronto St. Patricks".
>
> 1. Which team was the first team to win 5 Super Bowls?

Pittsburgh Steelers; Dallas Cowboys

> 2. Name *any one* of the 4 """current""" NFL teams that have never played
> in a Super Bowl.

Jacksonville Jaguars

> 3. Which team """is""" the only team to appear in four consecutive
> Super Bowls?

Buffalo Bills
> 4. Who were the first wild-card team to win the Super Bowl?

Oakland Raiders

> 5. Which team """has played in four Super Bowls but has never led""" at
> any point during these games?

Minnesota Vikings

> 6. """Which player has won""" the Super Bowl MVP award 3 times?

Joe Montana

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super Bowls

<tulc1i$377e9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4596&group=rec.games.trivia#4596

From: pete.ga...@gmail.com (Pete Gayde)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 15:17:54 -0500
 by: Pete Gayde - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 20:17 UTC

Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2014-02-03,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of the Cellar Rats, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
> answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """
> notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
> companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 4, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)
>
> Answer these 2014 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. Sunday, Pope Francis released two doves as a symbol of peace.
> They were immediately attacked by two other birds. What kind?
> Name either one.
>
> 2. It was reported Monday that in order to study their immune
> noses of volunteers? Again, be specific.
>

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Entertainment - Drugs on Film
>
> Movies featuring drug use. In questions #1-2 the drugs are fictional,
> and in the remaining questions they're real ones.
>
> 1. Name this 1984 sci-fi movie that stars Kyle MacLachlan as Paul
> Atreides, who consumes "spice" or "melange".

Blade Runner; Dune

> 2. Name this 2006 movie about addiction to "Substance D", starring
> Keanu Reeves, Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder, and Robert
> Downey Jr. Adapted from a novel by Philip K. Dick.
>
> 3. Name this 1978 movie loosely based on the experiences of
> American college student Billy Hayes in a Turkish prison,
> where he was sent for attempting to smuggle hash. The title
> is prison slang for attempting escape.

Midnight Express

> 4. In the 1970 rock documentary "Woodstock", what specific drug
> were people warned not to take?

Green acid

> 5. Name this 1975 rock opera movie that features Tina Turner
> performing "Acid Queen".

Tommy

> 6. Name this 1983 movie about multiple drugs, most famously cocaine.
> Famous quote: "Say hello to my little friend."

Scarface

> 7. Name this 1996 British movie, set in Scotland, about heroin
> and urban poverty. Stars Ewan MacGregor and Johnny Lee Miller.
> Voted Best Scottish Film of All Time.

Train Spotting

> 8. Name this 1995 movie starring Leonardo di Caprio, about
> escalating drug use including cocaine and heroin, as well as
> high school sports.
>
> 9. Name this 2003 movie starring Holly Hunter, Nikki Reed, and
> Evan Rachel Wood. Written by Nikki Reed along with director
> Catherine Hardwicke, it is the story of a "good girl" trying
> to fit in with the titularly young fast crowd. Multiple drug
> use including aerosol inhalants.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

> 10. This 1998 stoner comedy movie stars Dave Chappelle, Jim Breuer,
> and Laura Silverman. The group tries to sell medical marijuana
> in order to spring a friend from prison. Warning: contains
> scenes of massive junk-food consumption.
>

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports - Past Super Bowls
>
> All dates in questions and answers refer to the year of the Super
> Bowl game itself, not the year of the regular season that led
> up to it. In all cases where a team is asked for, you must give
> the full name, including the city or whatever, as it was at the
> relevant date, e.g. "Toronto St. Patricks".
>
> 1. Which team was the first team to win 5 Super Bowls?

Pittsburgh Steelers

> 2. Name *any one* of the 4 """current""" NFL teams that have never played
> in a Super Bowl.

Detroit Lions

> 3. Which team """is""" the only team to appear in four consecutive
> Super Bowls?

Buffalo Bills

> 4. Who were the first wild-card team to win the Super Bowl?

Los Angeles Raiders

> 5. Which team """has played in four Super Bowls but has never led""" at
> any point during these games?

Minnesota Vikings

> 6. """Which player has won""" the Super Bowl MVP award 3 times?

Tom Brady

> 7. """Who is the only player""" to score 3 touchdowns in a Super Bowl
> game *twice*?

Jerry Rice; Lynn Swan

> 8. In the 3rd quarter of this Super Bowl, an interception was
> returned 49 yards for a touchdown. The ensuing kickoff was
> returned 97 yards for a touchdown. The following kickoff was
> returned 84 yards for *another* touchdown -- with the converts,
> a total of 21 points in 36 seconds of play. Name *either* team,
> *or* identify the game either by number or year (for which,
> see the preamble).

New England Patriots; Baltimore Ravens

> 9. Which future Super-Bowl-winning head coach caught a touchdown
> pass from Roger Staubach in Super Bowl VI in 1972?

Mike Ditka

> 10. """Which head coach has taken his team to the Super Bowl the
> most times?"""

Belichek

Pete Gayde

Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super Bowls

<tulpfl$ub$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4597&group=rec.games.trivia#4597

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 00:07:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 00:07 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Entertainment - Drugs on Film

> 1. Name this 1984 sci-fi movie that stars Kyle MacLachlan as Paul
> Atreides, who consumes "spice" or "melange".

Dune

> 2. Name this 2006 movie about addiction to "Substance D", starring
> Keanu Reeves, Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder, and Robert
> Downey Jr. Adapted from a novel by Philip K. Dick.

A Scanner Darkly

> 3. Name this 1978 movie loosely based on the experiences of
> American college student Billy Hayes in a Turkish prison,
> where he was sent for attempting to smuggle hash. The title
> is prison slang for attempting escape.

Midnight Express

> 4. In the 1970 rock documentary "Woodstock", what specific drug
> were people warned not to take?

brown acid

> 6. Name this 1983 movie about multiple drugs, most famously cocaine.
> Famous quote: "Say hello to my little friend."

Scarface

> 7. Name this 1996 British movie, set in Scotland, about heroin
> and urban poverty. Stars Ewan MacGregor and Johnny Lee Miller.
> Voted Best Scottish Film of All Time.

Trainspotting

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports - Past Super Bowls

> 1. Which team was the first team to win 5 Super Bowls?

Green Bay Packers

> 2. Name *any one* of the 4 """current""" NFL teams that have never played
> in a Super Bowl.

Detroit Lions

> 3. Which team """is""" the only team to appear in four consecutive
> Super Bowls?

Green Bay Packers; New England Patriots

> 5. Which team """has played in four Super Bowls but has never led""" at
> any point during these games?

Buffalo Bills

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

Re: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3: drug movies, Super Bowls

<6d8b2535-fa6b-42d8-99d2-d755e093d14dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4598&group=rec.games.trivia#4598

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 21:32:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: mamtagat...@gmail.com (Mamta Gathala)
 by: Mamta Gathala - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 04:32 UTC

On Monday, 13 March 2023 at 05:37:19 UTC+5:30, Dan Blum wrote:
> Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:
>
> > * Game 4, Round 2 - Entertainment - Drugs on Film
> > 1. Name this 1984 sci-fi movie that stars Kyle MacLachlan as Paul
> > Atreides, who consumes "spice" or "melange".
> Dune
> > 2. Name this 2006 movie about addiction to "Substance D", starring
> > Keanu Reeves, Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder, and Robert
> > Downey Jr. Adapted from a novel by Philip K. Dick.
> A Scanner Darkly
> > 3. Name this 1978 movie loosely based on the experiences of
> > American college student Billy Hayes in a Turkish prison,
> > where he was sent for attempting to smuggle hash. The title
> > is prison slang for attempting escape.
> Midnight Express
> > 4. In the 1970 rock documentary "Woodstock", what specific drug
> > were people warned not to take?
> brown acid
> > 6. Name this 1983 movie about multiple drugs, most famously cocaine.
> > Famous quote: "Say hello to my little friend."
> Scarface
> > 7. Name this 1996 British movie, set in Scotland, about heroin
> > and urban poverty. Stars Ewan MacGregor and Johnny Lee Miller.
> > Voted Best Scottish Film of All Time.
> Trainspotting
> > * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports - Past Super Bowls
> > 1. Which team was the first team to win 5 Super Bowls?
> Green Bay Packers
> > 2. Name *any one* of the 4 """current""" NFL teams that have never played
> > in a Super Bowl.
> Detroit Lions
> > 3. Which team """is""" the only team to appear in four consecutive
> > Super Bowls?
> Green Bay Packers; New England Patriots
> > 5. Which team """has played in four Super Bowls but has never led""" at
> > any point during these games?
> Buffalo Bills
>
> --
> Dan Blum to...@panix.com
> "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."
https://www.sbnation.com/users/brabu
https://www.mmamania.com/users/brabu
https://www.netsdaily.com/users/brabu
https://www.badlefthook.com/users/brabu
https://www.allforxi.com/users/brabu
https://www.bannersociety.com/users/brabu
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/users/brabu
https://www.athleticsnation.com/users/brabu
https://www.halosheaven.com/users/brabu
https://www.lookoutlanding.com/users/brabu
https://www.lookoutlanding.com/users/brabu
https://www.lonestarball.com/users/brabu
https://www.crawfishboxes.com/users/brabu
https://www.blessyouboys.com/users/brabu
https://www.letsgotribe.com/users/brabu
https://www.royalsreview.com/users/brabu
https://www.southsidesox.com/users/brabu
https://www.twinkietown.com/users/brabu
https://www.bluebirdbanter.com/users/brabu
https://www.camdenchat.com/users/brabu
https://www.draysbay.com/users/brabu
https://www.overthemonster.com/users/brabu
https://www.pinstripealley.com/users/brabu
https://www.azsnakepit.com/users/brabu
https://www.gaslampball.com/users/brabu
https://www.mccoveychronicles.com/users/brabu
https://www.purplerow.com/users/brabu
https://www.truebluela.com/users/brabu
https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/users/brabu
https://www.brewcrewball.com/users/brabu
https://www.bucsdugout.com/users/brabu
https://www.redreporter.com/users/brabu
https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/users/brabu
https://www.amazinavenue.com/users/brabu
https://www.federalbaseball.com/users/brabu
https://www.fishstripes.com/users/brabu
https://www.talkingchop.com/users/brabu
https://www.thegoodphight.com/users/brabu
https://www.faketeams.com/users/brabu
https://www.minorleagueball.com/users/brabu
https://www.mlbdailydish.com/users/brabu
https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/users/brabu
https://www.bigblueview.com/users/brabu
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/users/brabu
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/users/brabu
https://www.hogshaven.com/users/brabu
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/users/brabu
https://www.dailynorseman.com/users/brabu
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/users/brabu
https://www.windycitygridiron.com/users/brabu
https://www.bucsnation.com/users/brabu
https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/users/brabu
https://www.catscratchreader.com/users/brabu
https://www.thefalcoholic.com/users/brabu
https://www.fieldgulls.com/users/brabu
https://www.ninersnation.com/users/brabu
https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/users/brabu
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/users/brabu
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/users/brabu
https://www.ganggreennation.com/users/brabu
https://www.patspulpit.com/users/brabu
https://www.thephinsider.com/users/brabu
https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/users/brabu
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/users/brabu
https://www.cincyjungle.com/users/brabu
https://www.dawgsbynature.com/users/brabu
https://www.battleredblog.com/users/brabu
https://www.bigcatcountry.com/users/brabu
https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/users/brabu
https://www.stampedeblue.com/users/brabu
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/users/brabu
https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/users/brabu
https://www.milehighreport.com/users/brabu
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/users/brabu
https://www.celticsblog.com/users/brabu
https://www.libertyballers.com/users/brabu
https://www.netsdaily.com/users/brabu
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/users/brabu
https://www.raptorshq.com/users/brabu
https://www.blogabull.com/users/brabu
https://www.brewhoop.com/users/brabu
https://www.detroitbadboys.com/users/brabu
https://www.fearthesword.com/users/brabu
https://www.indycornrows.com/users/brabu
https://www.atthehive.com/users/brabu
https://www.bulletsforever.com/users/brabu
https://www.hothothoops.com/users/brabu
https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/users/brabu
https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/users/brabu
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/users/brabu
https://www.poundingtherock.com/users/brabu
https://www.thebirdwrites.com/users/brabu
https://www.thedreamshake.com/users/brabu
https://www.blazersedge.com/users/brabu
https://www.canishoopus.com/users/brabu
https://www.denverstiffs.com/users/brabu
https://www.slcdunk.com/users/brabu
https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/users/brabu
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/users/brabu
https://www.clipsnation.com/users/brabu
https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/users/brabu
https://www.sactownroyalty.com/users/brabu
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/users/brabu
https://www.ridiculousupside.com/users/brabu
https://www.sonicsrising.com/users/brabu
https://www.swishappeal.com/users/brabu
https://www.bringonthecats.com/users/brabu
https://www.burntorangenation.com/users/brabu
https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/users/brabu
https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/users/brabu
https://www.frogsowar.com/users/brabu
https://www.rockchalktalk.com/users/brabu
https://www.rockchalktalk.com/users/brabu
https://www.smokingmusket.com/users/brabu
https://www.vivathematadors.com/users/brabu
https://www.widerightnattylite.com/users/brabu
https://www.addictedtoquack.com/users/brabu
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/users/brabu
https://www.blocku.com/users/brabu
https://www.buildingthedam.com/users/brabu
https://www.conquestchronicles.com/users/brabu
https://www.cougcenter.com/users/brabu
https://www.houseofsparky.com/users/brabu
https://www.pacifictakes.com/users/brabu
https://www.ruleoftree.com/users/brabu
https://www.ruleoftree.com/users/brabu
https://www.ralphiereport.com/users/brabu
https://www.uwdawgpound.com/users/brabu
https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/users/brabu
https://www.blackshoediaries.com/users/brabu
https://www.btpowerhouse.com/users/brabu
https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/users/brabu
https://www.cornnation.com/users/brabu
https://www.hammerandrails.com/users/brabu
https://www.insidenu.com/users/brabu
https://www.landgrantholyland.com/users/brabu
https://www.maizenbrew.com/users/brabu
https://www.offtackleempire.com/users/brabu
https://www.onthebanks.com/users/brabu
https://www.testudotimes.com/users/brabu
https://www.thechampaignroom.com/users/brabu
https://www.thechampaignroom.com/users/brabu
https://www.crimsonquarry.com/users/brabu
https://www.thedailygopher.com/users/brabu
https://www.theonlycolors.com/users/brabu
https://www.mwcconnection.com/users/brabu
https://www.obnug.com/users/brabu
https://www.againstallenemies.com/users/brabu
https://www.collegecrosse.com/users/brabu
https://www.collegecrosse.com/users/brabu
https://www.onefootdown.com/users/brabu
https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/users/brabu
https://www.anonymouseagle.com/users/brabu
https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/users/brabu
https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/users/brabu
https://www.casualhoya.com/users/brabu
https://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/users/brabu
https://www.vuhoops.com/users/brabu
https://www.backingthepack.com/users/brabu
https://www.bcinterruption.com/users/brabu
https://www.bloggersodear.com/users/brabu
https://www.cardchronicle.com/users/brabu
https://www.cardiachill.com/users/brabu
https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/users/brabu
https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/users/brabu
https://www.gobblercountry.com/users/brabu
https://www.stateoftheu.com/users/brabu
https://www.streakingthelawn.com/users/brabu
https://www.tarheelblog.com/users/brabu
https://www.tomahawknation.com/users/brabu
https://www.nunesmagician.com/users/brabu
https://www.nunesmagician.com/users/brabu
https://www.aseaofblue.com/users/brabu
https://www.alligatorarmy.com/users/brabu
https://www.anchorofgold.com/users/brabu
https://www.andthevalleyshook.com/users/brabu
https://www.arkansasfight.com/users/brabu
https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/users/brabu
https://www.dawgsports.com/users/brabu
https://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/users/brabu
https://www.goodbullhunting.com/users/brabu
https://www.garnetandblackattack.com/users/brabu
https://www.redcuprebellion.com/users/brabu
https://www.rockmnation.com/users/brabu
https://www.rockytoptalk.com/users/brabu
https://www.rollbamaroll.com/users/brabu
https://www.teamspeedkills.com/users/brabu
https://www.bannersociety.com/users/brabu
https://www.barkingcarnival.com/users/brabu
https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com/users/brabu
https://www.downthedrive.com/users/brabu
https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/users/brabu
https://www.footballstudyhall.com/users/brabu
https://www.thedailystampede.com/users/brabu
https://www.theuconnblog.com/users/brabu
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/users/brabu
https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/users/brabu
https://www.midmajormadness.com/users/brabu
https://www.ubbullrun.com/users/brabu
https://www.hustlebelt.com/users/brabu
https://www.slipperstillfits.com/users/brabu
https://www.minerrush.com/users/brabu
https://www.diebytheblade.com/users/brabu
https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/users/brabu
https://www.litterboxcats.com/users/brabu
https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/users/brabu
https://www.rawcharge.com/users/brabu
https://www.silversevensens.com/users/brabu
https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/users/brabu
https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/users/brabu
https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/users/brabu
https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/users/brabu
https://www.broadstreethockey.com/users/brabu
https://www.canescountry.com/users/brabu
https://www.japersrink.com/users/brabu
https://www.lighthousehockey.com/users/brabu
https://www.pensburgh.com/users/brabu
https://www.jacketscannon.com/users/brabu
https://www.arcticicehockey.com/users/brabu
https://www.defendingbigd.com/users/brabu

Click here to read the complete article
RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3 answers: drug movies, Super Bowls

<fqydnYHwC5zSho35nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4599&group=rec.games.trivia#4599

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCICR14 Game 4, Rounds 2-3 answers: drug movies, Super Bowls
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 06:59:27 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 06:59 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2014-02-03,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2022-09-09 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 4, Round 1 - Current Events (excerpt)

> Answer these 2014 questions if you like for fun, but for no points.

> 1. Sunday, Pope Francis released two doves as a symbol of peace.
> They were immediately attacked by two other birds. What kind?
> Name either one.

Crow/raven, seagull.

> 2. It was reported Monday that in order to study their immune
> noses of volunteers? Again, be specific.

(Live) flu virus.

> * Game 4, Round 2 - Entertainment - Drugs on Film

> Movies featuring drug use. In questions #1-2 the drugs are fictional,
> and in the remaining questions they're real ones.

> 1. Name this 1984 sci-fi movie that stars Kyle MacLachlan as Paul
> Atreides, who consumes "spice" or "melange".

"Dune". 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, and Dan Blum. 2 for Pete.

> 2. Name this 2006 movie about addiction to "Substance D", starring
> Keanu Reeves, Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder, and Robert
> Downey Jr. Adapted from a novel by Philip K. Dick.

"A Scanner Darkly". 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

> 3. Name this 1978 movie loosely based on the experiences of
> American college student Billy Hayes in a Turkish prison,
> where he was sent for attempting to smuggle hash. The title
> is prison slang for attempting escape.

"Midnight Express". 4 for everyone -- Dan Tilque, Erland, Joshua,
Pete, and Dan Blum.

> 4. In the 1970 rock documentary "Woodstock", what specific drug
> were people warned not to take?

The brown acid. 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

> 5. Name this 1975 rock opera movie that features Tina Turner
> performing "Acid Queen".

"Tommy". 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, and Pete.

> 6. Name this 1983 movie about multiple drugs, most famously cocaine.
> Famous quote: "Say hello to my little friend."

"Scarface". 4 for Joshua, Pete, and Dan Blum.

> 7. Name this 1996 British movie, set in Scotland, about heroin
> and urban poverty. Stars Ewan MacGregor and Johnny Lee Miller.
> Voted Best Scottish Film of All Time.

"Trainspotting". 4 for everyone.

> 8. Name this 1995 movie starring Leonardo di Caprio, about
> escalating drug use including cocaine and heroin, as well as
> high school sports.

"The Basketball Diaries". 4 for Joshua.

> 9. Name this 2003 movie starring Holly Hunter, Nikki Reed, and
> Evan Rachel Wood. Written by Nikki Reed along with director
> Catherine Hardwicke, it is the story of a "good girl" trying
> to fit in with the titularly young fast crowd. Multiple drug
> use including aerosol inhalants.

"Thirteen". 4 for Joshua.

> 10. This 1998 stoner comedy movie stars Dave Chappelle, Jim Breuer,
> and Laura Silverman. The group tries to sell medical marijuana
> in order to spring a friend from prison. Warning: contains
> scenes of massive junk-food consumption.

"Half Baked".

> * Game 4, Round 3 - Sports - Past Super Bowls

> All dates in questions and answers refer to the year of the Super
> Bowl game itself, not the year of the regular season that led
> up to it. In all cases where a team is asked for, you must give
> the full name, including the city or whatever, as it was at the
> relevant date, e.g. "Toronto St. Patricks".

This was the hardest round in the original game, and the
fourth-hardest of the entire season.

> 1. Which team was the first team to win 5 Super Bowls?

San Francisco 49ers (1982, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1995 -- see the
preamble).

In the original game the expected answer was the Pittsburgh Steelers,
which is wrong, although they were the first to win 4 times and
the first team to win 6 (1975, 1976, 1979, 1980, 2006, 2009).
The Dallas Cowboys have also won 5 games (1972, 1978, 1993, 1994,
1996), and more recently, the New England Patriots have also won 6
(2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, 2017, 2019).

> 2. Name *any one* of the 4 """current""" NFL teams that have never played
> in a Super Bowl.

Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars.
(Still true.) 4 for Joshua, Pete, and Dan Blum.

The Indianapolis Colts were in the Super Bowl in 2007 and 2010.

> 3. Which team """is""" the only team to appear in four consecutive
> Super Bowls?

Buffalo Bills (1991-94). These are the only times they've made the
Super Bowl, and they lost all four. (All still true.) 4 for Joshua
and Pete.

> 4. Who were the first wild-card team to win the Super Bowl?

Oakland Raiders (1981). 4 for Joshua.

It was 1982 when they moved to Los Angeles.

> 5. Which team """has played in four Super Bowls but has never led""" at
> any point during these games?

Minnesota Vikings (1970, 1974, 1975, 1977). 4 for Dan Tilque,
Joshua, and Pete.

Buffalo is the only other team to have played in as many as four
Super Bowls and never won; but in 1991 they were ahead 12-3 and later
19-17 before losing 20-19 to the New York Giants, in 1993 they led
7-0 before losing 52-17 to Dallas, and in 1994 they led 13-6 before
losing 30-13 to Dallas.

> 6. """Which player has won""" the Super Bowl MVP award 3 times?

2014 answer: Joe Montana (San Francisco 49ers; 1982, 1985, 1990).
2023 answer: Tom Brady has beaten that record by winning the award
5 times (with the New England Patriots in 2002, 2004, 2015, and 2017,
and with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2021). 4 for Joshua and Pete.

> 7. """Who is the only player""" to score 3 touchdowns in a Super Bowl
> game *twice*?

Jerry Rice (also San Francisco 49ers; 1990, 1995). (Still true as
far as I can tell.) 3 for Pete.

> 8. In the 3rd quarter of this Super Bowl, an interception was
> returned 49 yards for a touchdown. The ensuing kickoff was
> returned 97 yards for a touchdown. The following kickoff was
> returned 84 yards for *another* touchdown -- with the converts,
> a total of 21 points in 36 seconds of play. Name *either* team,
> *or* identify the game either by number or year (for which,
> see the preamble).

Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants, Super Bowl XXXV in 2001.
2 for Pete.

The sequence of touchdowns and converts took the score from 10-0 to
24-7; Baltimore ended up winning 34-7.

> 9. Which future Super-Bowl-winning head coach caught a touchdown
> pass from Roger Staubach in Super Bowl VI in 1972?

Mike Ditka (then with the Dallas Cowboys; winning coach with the
Chicago Bears in 1986). 4 for Pete.

> 10. """Which head coach has taken his team to the Super Bowl the
> most times?"""

2014 answer: Don Shula, 6 times (with the Baltimore Colts in 1969
and with the Miami Dolphins in 1972, 1973, 1974, 1983, and 1985).
2023 answer: Bill Belichick, 9 times (with the New England Patriots
in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019).
4 for Pete.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 4 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Ent Spo
Joshua Kreitzer 36 20 56
Pete Gayde 18 29 47
Dan Blum 24 4 28
Dan Tilque 16 4 20
Erland Sommarskog 8 0 8

--
Mark Brader | "Don't be silly. A pedant is something you hang
Toronto | round your neck, or else you hang them by the neck."