Parts that positively cannot be assembled in improper order will be.

interests / soc.culture.china / China Passes One of the World’s Strictest Data-Privacy Laws

SubjectAuthor
* China Passes One of the World’s Strictest Data-Priltlee1
+* Re: China Passes One of the World’s Strictest DataRusty Wyse
|`- Re: China Passes One of the Worlstarlet
`- Re: China Passes One of the World’s Strictest Databmoore

1
China Passes One of the World’s Strictest Data-Privacy Laws

<babeee97-4d0f-4c8e-bff0-4ee22bd256b6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4553&group=soc.culture.china#4553

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 03:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: China_Passes_One_of_the_World’s_Strictest_Data-Pri
vacy_Laws
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:07 UTC

"HONG KONG—China has approved a sweeping privacy law that will curb data collection by technology companies, but that policy analysts say is unlikely to limit the state’s widespread use of surveillance.

China’s top legislative body, the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress, passed the Personal Information Protection Law at a meeting in Beijing on Friday, according to the state-run Xinhua News Agency.

The law will take effect Nov. 1, Xinhua said. The full text of the final version wasn’t released upon passage.

The national privacy law, China’s first, closely resembles the world’s most robust framework for online privacy protections, Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation, and contains provisions that require any organization or individual handling Chinese citizens’ personal data to minimize data collection and to obtain prior consent.

However, unlike in Europe, where governments face more public pressure over data collection, Beijing is expected to maintain broad access to data.

Though the new privacy rules could allow China’s central government to control how lower-level agencies use and share data, nothing suggests “anything resembling legal limits on government surveillance,” said Karman Lucero, a fellow at the Yale Law School Paul Tsai China Center.

“Chinese civil society still has very limited means of ‘watching the watchmen,’” he added.

China’s new privacy framework comes as frustration grows within the government and in Chinese society over online fraud, data theft and data collection by domestic technology giants. For years, loose rules on accessing data allowed domestic companies to quickly develop and adopt new products and technology, but also fueled a black market for consumer data.

The new privacy law is part of a tighter regulatory regime for Chinese tech companies. Over the past year, Beijing has clamped down on the tech sector on matters including data security and anticompetitive practices, for example imposing a multibillion-dollar fine on Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. for forcing vendors to sell exclusively on its e-commerce platform—a practice that used to be par for the course in China’s winner-takes-all market.

After several years in which tech companies largely had free rein to access consumer data, the new privacy law is a “sign of the market maturing,” said Neil Liang, co-founder of The CareVoice, a Shanghai-based tech startup, who has been following changes in the regulatory landscape for tech companies’ user data policies."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-passes-one-of-the-worlds-strictest-data-privacy-laws-11629429138?mod=hp_lead_pos3

Watching the watchman is ultimately impossible. The buck has to stop somewhere. It is a matter of trust and, at the same time, a matter of responsibility. The advantage of China's one party system is that, the CCP could not shirk the responsibility. The CCP led government is ultimately responsible of the well being of those within its realm.

Re: China Passes One of the World’s Strictest Data-Privacy Laws

<5e5aa665-ac8f-46d9-abc1-b1690f909337n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4570&group=soc.culture.china#4570

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:13:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_China_Passes_One_of_the_World’s_Strictest_Data
-Privacy_Laws
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 17:13 UTC

On Friday, August 20, 2021 at 3:08:01 AM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
>
> After several years in which tech companies largely had free rein to access consumer data, the new privacy law is a “sign of the market maturing,” said Neil Liang, co-founder of The CareVoice, a Shanghai-based tech startup, who has been following changes in the regulatory landscape for tech companies’ user data policies."
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-passes-one-of-the-worlds-strictest-data-privacy-laws-11629429138?mod=hp_lead_pos3
>
> Watching the watchman is ultimately impossible. The buck has to stop somewhere. It is a matter of trust and, at the same time, a matter of responsibility. The advantage of China's one party system is that, the CCP could not shirk the responsibility. The CCP led government is ultimately responsible of the well being of those within its realm.

But, but, but,...
keeping people under control is primary to the CCP...!!!!
What is happening here????
You mean the PRC - the People's Republic of China - is more concerned about people's privacy than the U.S,?????
The world is turning upside down!!!!!
And here I am in California, I can't even post a message on social.culture.china every so often!!!!
and they are collecting all kinds of information on me...!!!

Re: China Passes One of the World’s Strictest Data-Privacy Laws

<sg179h$160$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4650&group=soc.culture.china#4650

From: stt...@gmail.com (starlet)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_China_Passes_One_of_the_Worl
d’s_Strictest_Data-Privacy_Laws
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 06:26:01 +0800
 by: starlet - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 22:26 UTC

Why cannot post every so often when it is open for posting of posts?. Change
to another channel?

<cac9ca0d-05cb-4f15-b6cf-b952caddc44an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4663&group=soc.culture.china#4663

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 15:52:18 -0700 (PDT)
-Privacy_Laws
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 22:52 UTC

> [...]
>
> After several years in which tech companies largely had free rein to access consumer data, the new privacy law is a “sign of the market maturing,” said Neil Liang, co-founder of The CareVoice, a Shanghai-based tech startup, who has been following changes in the regulatory landscape for tech companies’ user data policies."
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-passes-one-of-the-worlds-strictest-data-privacy-laws-11629429138?mod=hp_lead_pos3
>
> Watching the watchman is ultimately impossible. The buck has to stop somewhere. It is a matter of trust and, at the same time, a matter of responsibility. The advantage of China's one party system is that, the CCP could not shirk the responsibility. The CCP led government is ultimately responsible of the well being of those within its realm.

LOL. The CCP leads the world in the protection of privacy. They stepped up, baby!

In other news, idiocy has been legalized.

interests / soc.culture.china / China Passes One of the World’s Strictest Data-Privacy Laws