interests / rec.games.trivia / Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: shared dates, sports moves

SubjectAuthor
* RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports movesMark Brader
+- Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports movesJoshua Kreitzer
+- Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports movesswp
+- Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports movesDan Tilque
+- Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports movesErland Sommarskog
+- Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports movesDan Blum
`* RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: shared dates, sports movesMark Brader
 `- Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: shared dates, sports movesMark Brader

1
RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports moves

<HbOcnV2bzb-R1hn-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4346&group=rec.games.trivia#4346

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports moves
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 05:45:48 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 05:45 UTC

These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-03-18,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of the Night Owls, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """
notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

* Game 7, Round 4 - History - Shared Dates of Birth and Death

This round is about famous people who either shared a common date
of birth or a common date of death. Descriptions of people may
relate to the time they were most famous: thus in question #1,
Carl Lewis was not an Olympic athlete when he was born.

1. Which British royal was born 1961-07-01, the same day as American
Olympic track and field athlete Carl Lewis?

2. What famous scientist was born 1809-02-12, the same day as
Abraham Lincoln?

3. What well-known actor was born on 1926-06-01, the same day
as Marilyn Monroe? He was a Grammy-winning Southern gospel
singer, was nominated for two Tony Awards, and appeared in
several movies -- but he's best known for his TV series work.
He died 2012-07-03. Who was he?

4. What Canadian comedic actor and screenwriter was born 1952-07-01,
the same day as hockey legend Steve Schutt? This actor is
a firm believer in spirituality and has an avid interest in
aspects of the paranormal.

5. Two well-known authors died on 1963-11-22, the same day as
John F. Kennedy. One was born in 1898; a deeply religious
man, he also wrote non-fiction Christian apologetics as well
as novels. He was a close friend of Tolkien. Who was he?

6. The other one was born in 1894. His paternal grandfather,
one of his brothers, and one of his half-brothers were all
world-famous biologists. On his mother's side of the family,
author Mrs. Humphrey Ward was his aunt, and poet Matthew Arnold
was his mother's cousin. Who was he?

7. Which multiple Wimbledon winner was born 1943-11-22, the same
day as hockey legend Yvan Cournoyer?

8. Which American playwright, who """has""" more Academy Award
and Tony Award nominations than any other author, was born on
1927-07-04, the same day as Italian actress Gina Lollobrigida?

9. Which actress died 2009-07-25, the same day as Michael Jackson?

10. This TV newsmagazine host, news anchor, and game show host held
the "Guinness Book of Records" record for most hours on TV until
Regis Philbin surpassed him in 2004. He was born on 1921-02-14,
the same day as Hazel McCallion. Who """is """ he?

* Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - On the Move

These are teams in major professional sports leagues, whose
franchise took the indicated name when they moved from another
city on the indicated date. You must tell where they moved *from*
(i.e. the place name they were previously known by -- be it city,
state, or whatever) on that date.

All of the questions will involve teams that had a complete name
change -- for example, you won't see the Tennessee Oilers, who
were the Houston Oilers before they moved -- but, again, we're
only asking for the place name, not the team name.

(Note: In one or more cases there is some reason to question whether
the old and new team should really be considered the same one,
but they are at least by some people.)

1. Texas Rangers, 1972.
2. Winnipeg Jets, 2011.
3. Phoenix Coyotes, 1996.
4. Baltimore Ravens, 1996.
5. New Jersey Devils, 1982.
6. Colorado Avalanche, 1995.
7. Carolina Hurricanes, 1997.
8. Washington Nationals, 2005.
9. Oklahoma City Thunder, 2008.
10. Colorado Rockies (NHL), 1976.

--
Mark Brader "Three minutes' thought would suffice to
Toronto find this out; but thought is irksome and

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports moves

<1591fd4b-a1cb-48a8-ad0f-16680ef868b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4347&group=rec.games.trivia#4347

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 22:33:12 -0800 (PST)
From: gromi...@hotmail.com (Joshua Kreitzer)
 by: Joshua Kreitzer - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 06:33 UTC

On Sunday, November 27, 2022 at 11:45:55 PM UTC-6, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 4 - History - Shared Dates of Birth and Death
>
> This round is about famous people who either shared a common date
> of birth or a common date of death. Descriptions of people may
> relate to the time they were most famous: thus in question #1,
> Carl Lewis was not an Olympic athlete when he was born.
>
> 1. Which British royal was born 1961-07-01, the same day as American
> Olympic track and field athlete Carl Lewis?

Diana, Princess of Wales

> 2. What famous scientist was born 1809-02-12, the same day as
> Abraham Lincoln?

Charles Darwin

> 3. What well-known actor was born on 1926-06-01, the same day
> as Marilyn Monroe? He was a Grammy-winning Southern gospel
> singer, was nominated for two Tony Awards, and appeared in
> several movies -- but he's best known for his TV series work.
> He died 2012-07-03. Who was he?

Andy Griffith

> 4. What Canadian comedic actor and screenwriter was born 1952-07-01,
> the same day as hockey legend Steve Schutt? This actor is
> a firm believer in spirituality and has an avid interest in
> aspects of the paranormal.

Dan Aykroyd

> 5. Two well-known authors died on 1963-11-22, the same day as
> John F. Kennedy. One was born in 1898; a deeply religious
> man, he also wrote non-fiction Christian apologetics as well
> as novels. He was a close friend of Tolkien. Who was he?

C.S. Lewis

> 6. The other one was born in 1894. His paternal grandfather,
> one of his brothers, and one of his half-brothers were all
> world-famous biologists. On his mother's side of the family,
> author Mrs. Humphrey Ward was his aunt, and poet Matthew Arnold
> was his mother's cousin. Who was he?

Aldous Huxley

> 7. Which multiple Wimbledon winner was born 1943-11-22, the same
> day as hockey legend Yvan Cournoyer?

Billie Jean King

> 8. Which American playwright, who """has""" more Academy Award
> and Tony Award nominations than any other author, was born on
> 1927-07-04, the same day as Italian actress Gina Lollobrigida?

Neil Simon

> 9. Which actress died 2009-07-25, the same day as Michael Jackson?

Farrah Fawcett

> 10. This TV newsmagazine host, news anchor, and game show host held
> the "Guinness Book of Records" record for most hours on TV until
> Regis Philbin surpassed him in 2004. He was born on 1921-02-14,
> the same day as Hazel McCallion. Who """is """ he?

Hugh Downs

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - On the Move
>
> These are teams in major professional sports leagues, whose
> franchise took the indicated name when they moved from another
> city on the indicated date. You must tell where they moved *from*
> (i.e. the place name they were previously known by -- be it city,
> state, or whatever) on that date.
>
> 1. Texas Rangers, 1972.

Washington
> 2. Winnipeg Jets, 2011.

Atlanta

> 3. Phoenix Coyotes, 1996.

Winnipeg

> 4. Baltimore Ravens, 1996.

Cleveland

> 5. New Jersey Devils, 1982.

Colorado

> 6. Colorado Avalanche, 1995.

Quebec

> 7. Carolina Hurricanes, 1997.

Hartford

> 8. Washington Nationals, 2005.

Montreal

> 9. Oklahoma City Thunder, 2008.

Seattle

> 10. Colorado Rockies (NHL), 1976.

Cleveland

--
Joshua Kreitzer
gromit82@hotmail.com

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports moves

<da618e34-067d-4dd4-96a6-b88558a02d1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4348&group=rec.games.trivia#4348

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 08:57:38 -0800 (PST)
From: stephen....@gmail.com (swp)
 by: swp - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 16:57 UTC

On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 12:45:55 AM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-03-18,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of the Night Owls, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the correct
> answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """
> notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2022-09-09
> companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 7, Round 4 - History - Shared Dates of Birth and Death
>
> This round is about famous people who either shared a common date
> of birth or a common date of death. Descriptions of people may
> relate to the time they were most famous: thus in question #1,
> Carl Lewis was not an Olympic athlete when he was born.
>
> 1. Which British royal was born 1961-07-01, the same day as American
> Olympic track and field athlete Carl Lewis?

princess diana

> 2. What famous scientist was born 1809-02-12, the same day as
> Abraham Lincoln?

charles darwin

> 3. What well-known actor was born on 1926-06-01, the same day
> as Marilyn Monroe? He was a Grammy-winning Southern gospel
> singer, was nominated for two Tony Awards, and appeared in
> several movies -- but he's best known for his TV series work.
> He died 2012-07-03. Who was he?

andy griffith

> 4. What Canadian comedic actor and screenwriter was born 1952-07-01,
> the same day as hockey legend Steve Schutt? This actor is
> a firm believer in spirituality and has an avid interest in
> aspects of the paranormal.

dan aykroyd

> 5. Two well-known authors died on 1963-11-22, the same day as
> John F. Kennedy. One was born in 1898; a deeply religious
> man, he also wrote non-fiction Christian apologetics as well
> as novels. He was a close friend of Tolkien. Who was he?

c s lewis

> 6. The other one was born in 1894. His paternal grandfather,
> one of his brothers, and one of his half-brothers were all
> world-famous biologists. On his mother's side of the family,
> author Mrs. Humphrey Ward was his aunt, and poet Matthew Arnold
> was his mother's cousin. Who was he?

aldous huxley

> 7. Which multiple Wimbledon winner was born 1943-11-22, the same
> day as hockey legend Yvan Cournoyer?

b j king

> 8. Which American playwright, who """has""" more Academy Award
> and Tony Award nominations than any other author, was born on
> 1927-07-04, the same day as Italian actress Gina Lollobrigida?

neil simon

> 9. Which actress died 2009-07-25, the same day as Michael Jackson?

farrah fawcett

> 10. This TV newsmagazine host, news anchor, and game show host held
> the "Guinness Book of Records" record for most hours on TV until
> Regis Philbin surpassed him in 2004. He was born on 1921-02-14,
> the same day as Hazel McCallion. Who """is """ he?

hugh downs

.... I don't know some of those other people

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - On the Move
>
> These are teams in major professional sports leagues, whose
> franchise took the indicated name when they moved from another
> city on the indicated date. You must tell where they moved *from*
> (i.e. the place name they were previously known by -- be it city,
> state, or whatever) on that date.
>
> All of the questions will involve teams that had a complete name
> change -- for example, you won't see the Tennessee Oilers, who
> were the Houston Oilers before they moved -- but, again, we're
> only asking for the place name, not the team name.
>
> (Note: In one or more cases there is some reason to question whether
> the old and new team should really be considered the same one,
> but they are at least by some people.)
>
> 1. Texas Rangers, 1972.

washington

> 2. Winnipeg Jets, 2011.

atlanta

> 3. Phoenix Coyotes, 1996.

winnipeg

> 4. Baltimore Ravens, 1996.

cleveland

> 5. New Jersey Devils, 1982.

colorado

> 6. Colorado Avalanche, 1995.

quebec?

> 7. Carolina Hurricanes, 1997.

hartford

> 8. Washington Nationals, 2005.

montreal

> 9. Oklahoma City Thunder, 2008.

seattle

> 10. Colorado Rockies (NHL), 1976.

kansas city

> --
> Mark Brader "Three minutes' thought would suffice to
> Toronto find this out; but thought is irksome and
> m...@vex.net three minutes is a long time." --A.E. Housman
>
> My text in this article is in the public domain.

swp

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports moves

<tm52qc$29aq9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4349&group=rec.games.trivia#4349

From: dtil...@frontier.com (Dan Tilque)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 05:52:12 -0800
 by: Dan Tilque - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 13:52 UTC

On 11/27/22 21:45, Mark Brader wrote:

You may seed two copies of this. There seems to be some hickups at
eternal-september. I first had problems seeing Mark's post. Then my
first reply seems to have vanished.

> * Game 7, Round 4 - History - Shared Dates of Birth and Death
>
> This round is about famous people who either shared a common date
> of birth or a common date of death. Descriptions of people may
> relate to the time they were most famous: thus in question #1,
> Carl Lewis was not an Olympic athlete when he was born.
>
> 1. Which British royal was born 1961-07-01, the same day as American
> Olympic track and field athlete Carl Lewis?

Prince Edward

> 2. What famous scientist was born 1809-02-12, the same day as
> Abraham Lincoln?

Charles Darwin

> 3. What well-known actor was born on 1926-06-01, the same day
> as Marilyn Monroe? He was a Grammy-winning Southern gospel
> singer, was nominated for two Tony Awards, and appeared in
> several movies -- but he's best known for his TV series work.
> He died 2012-07-03. Who was he?
>
> 4. What Canadian comedic actor and screenwriter was born 1952-07-01,
> the same day as hockey legend Steve Schutt? This actor is
> a firm believer in spirituality and has an avid interest in
> aspects of the paranormal.
>
> 5. Two well-known authors died on 1963-11-22, the same day as
> John F. Kennedy. One was born in 1898; a deeply religious
> man, he also wrote non-fiction Christian apologetics as well
> as novels. He was a close friend of Tolkien. Who was he?

CS Lewis

> 6. The other one was born in 1894. His paternal grandfather,
> one of his brothers, and one of his half-brothers were all
> world-famous biologists. On his mother's side of the family,
> author Mrs. Humphrey Ward was his aunt, and poet Matthew Arnold
> was his mother's cousin. Who was he?

Aldous Huxley

> 7. Which multiple Wimbledon winner was born 1943-11-22, the same
> day as hockey legend Yvan Cournoyer?
>
> 8. Which American playwright, who """has""" more Academy Award
> and Tony Award nominations than any other author, was born on
> 1927-07-04, the same day as Italian actress Gina Lollobrigida?
>
> 9. Which actress died 2009-07-25, the same day as Michael Jackson?
>
> 10. This TV newsmagazine host, news anchor, and game show host held
> the "Guinness Book of Records" record for most hours on TV until
> Regis Philbin surpassed him in 2004. He was born on 1921-02-14,
> the same day as Hazel McCallion. Who """is """ he?

Mike Wallace

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - On the Move
>
> These are teams in major professional sports leagues, whose
> franchise took the indicated name when they moved from another
> city on the indicated date. You must tell where they moved *from*
> (i.e. the place name they were previously known by -- be it city,
> state, or whatever) on that date.
>
> All of the questions will involve teams that had a complete name
> change -- for example, you won't see the Tennessee Oilers, who
> were the Houston Oilers before they moved -- but, again, we're
> only asking for the place name, not the team name.
>
> (Note: In one or more cases there is some reason to question whether
> the old and new team should really be considered the same one,
> but they are at least by some people.)
>
> 1. Texas Rangers, 1972.

Washington DC

> 2. Winnipeg Jets, 2011.

Houston

> 3. Phoenix Coyotes, 1996.
> 4. Baltimore Ravens, 1996.
> 5. New Jersey Devils, 1982.
> 6. Colorado Avalanche, 1995.

Quebec

> 7. Carolina Hurricanes, 1997.
> 8. Washington Nationals, 2005.

Montreal

> 9. Oklahoma City Thunder, 2008.

Seattle

> 10. Colorado Rockies (NHL), 1976.

--
Dan Tilque

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports moves

<XnsAF5EC6ED7F009Yazorman@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4350&group=rec.games.trivia#4350

From: esq...@sommarskog.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:33:19 +0100
 by: Erland Sommarskog - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 18:33 UTC

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 7, Round 4 - History - Shared Dates of Birth and Death
>
> 1. Which British royal was born 1961-07-01, the same day as American
> Olympic track and field athlete Carl Lewis?

Prince Andrew
> 2. What famous scientist was born 1809-02-12, the same day as
> Abraham Lincoln?

Tesla
> 7. Which multiple Wimbledon winner was born 1943-11-22, the same
> day as hockey legend Yvan Cournoyer?

Margaret Court
> * Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - On the Move
>
> 3. Phoenix Coyotes, 1996.

Calgary

> 5. New Jersey Devils, 1982.

Hartford

> 6. Colorado Avalanche, 1995.

Québec

> 7. Carolina Hurricanes, 1997.

Hartford

> 9. Oklahoma City Thunder, 2008.

Seattle

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6: shared dates, sports moves

<tm6402$3t6$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4351&group=rec.games.trivia#4351

From: too...@panix.com (Dan Blum)
Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 23:18:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Blum - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 23:18 UTC

Mark Brader <msb@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 7, Round 4 - History - Shared Dates of Birth and Death

> 1. Which British royal was born 1961-07-01, the same day as American
> Olympic track and field athlete Carl Lewis?

Prince Andrew

> 2. What famous scientist was born 1809-02-12, the same day as
> Abraham Lincoln?

Charles Darwin

> 4. What Canadian comedic actor and screenwriter was born 1952-07-01,
> the same day as hockey legend Steve Schutt? This actor is
> a firm believer in spirituality and has an avid interest in
> aspects of the paranormal.

Dan Aykroyd

> 5. Two well-known authors died on 1963-11-22, the same day as
> John F. Kennedy. One was born in 1898; a deeply religious
> man, he also wrote non-fiction Christian apologetics as well
> as novels. He was a close friend of Tolkien. Who was he?

C. S. Lewis

> 6. The other one was born in 1894. His paternal grandfather,
> one of his brothers, and one of his half-brothers were all
> world-famous biologists. On his mother's side of the family,
> author Mrs. Humphrey Ward was his aunt, and poet Matthew Arnold
> was his mother's cousin. Who was he?

Aldous Huxley

> 7. Which multiple Wimbledon winner was born 1943-11-22, the same
> day as hockey legend Yvan Cournoyer?

Billie Jean King

> 8. Which American playwright, who """has""" more Academy Award
> and Tony Award nominations than any other author, was born on
> 1927-07-04, the same day as Italian actress Gina Lollobrigida?

Neil Simon

> 10. This TV newsmagazine host, news anchor, and game show host held
> the "Guinness Book of Records" record for most hours on TV until
> Regis Philbin surpassed him in 2004. He was born on 1921-02-14,
> the same day as Hazel McCallion. Who """is """ he?

Richard Dawson

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - On the Move

> 8. Washington Nationals, 2005.

Montreal

Dan Blum tool@panix.com

RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: shared dates, sports moves

<0-adnX90bsR_qxX-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4352&group=rec.games.trivia#4352

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
Subject: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: shared dates, sports moves
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 05:08:50 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 05:08 UTC

Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2013-03-18,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information...
> see my 2022-09-09 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> * Game 7, Round 4 - History - Shared Dates of Birth and Death

> This round is about famous people who either shared a common date
> of birth or a common date of death. Descriptions of people may
> relate to the time they were most famous: thus in question #1,
> Carl Lewis was not an Olympic athlete when he was born.

> 1. Which British royal was born 1961-07-01, the same day as American
> Olympic track and field athlete Carl Lewis?

Princess Diana. 4 for Joshua and Stephen.

> 2. What famous scientist was born 1809-02-12, the same day as
> Abraham Lincoln?

Charles Darwin. 4 for Joshua, Stephen, Dan Tilque, and Dan Blum.

> 3. What well-known actor was born on 1926-06-01, the same day
> as Marilyn Monroe? He was a Grammy-winning Southern gospel
> singer, was nominated for two Tony Awards, and appeared in
> several movies -- but he's best known for his TV series work.
> He died 2012-07-03. Who was he?

Andy Griffith. 4 for Joshua and Stephen.

> 4. What Canadian comedic actor and screenwriter was born 1952-07-01,
> the same day as hockey legend Steve Schutt? This actor is
> a firm believer in spirituality and has an avid interest in
> aspects of the paranormal.

Dan Aykroyd. 4 for Joshua, Stephen, and Dan Blum.

> 5. Two well-known authors died on 1963-11-22, the same day as
> John F. Kennedy. One was born in 1898; a deeply religious
> man, he also wrote non-fiction Christian apologetics as well
> as novels. He was a close friend of Tolkien. Who was he?

C.S. Lewis. 4 for Joshua, Stephen, Dan Tilque, and Dan Blum.

When this question came up at our game, it went to our opponents.
When the answer was revealed, one of the best players on my team
declared loudly, "And the other one was Aldous Huxley"! If this had
been a deliberate -- but unnecessary -- attempt to assist our teammate
that question #6 would go to, we would not have been allowed full
points on the question; but he was just being uncharacteristically
obtuse, and we were.

> 6. The other one was born in 1894. His paternal grandfather,
> one of his brothers, and one of his half-brothers were all
> world-famous biologists. On his mother's side of the family,
> author Mrs. Humphrey Ward was his aunt, and poet Matthew Arnold
> was his mother's cousin. Who was he?

Aldous Huxley. 4 for Joshua, Stephen, Dan Tilque, and Dan Blum.

> 7. Which multiple Wimbledon winner was born 1943-11-22, the same
> day as hockey legend Yvan Cournoyer?

Billie Jean King. 4 for Joshua, Stephen, and Dan Blum.

> 8. Which American playwright, who """has""" more Academy Award
> and Tony Award nominations than any other author, was born on
> 1927-07-04, the same day as Italian actress Gina Lollobrigida?

Neil Simon. 4 for Joshua, Stephen, and Dan Blum.

I believe he and Woody Allen are now tied at 17 nominations for
Oscars and Tonys combined.

> 9. Which actress died 2009-07-25, the same day as Michael Jackson?

Farrah Fawcett (as mentioned, of course, with the answers to Game 3,
Round 4). 4 for Joshua and Stephen.

> 10. This TV newsmagazine host, news anchor, and game show host held
> the "Guinness Book of Records" record for most hours on TV until
> Regis Philbin surpassed him in 2004. He was born on 1921-02-14,
> the same day as Hazel McCallion. Who """is """ he?

Hugh Downs. 4 for Joshua and Stephen.

Hazel McCallion may not be known to some of you. She won the
mayoralty of Mississauga, a large suburb of Toronto, in 1978 when
she was 57, *and held it for 12 terms, totaling 36 years*.
She's still alive today at age 101, while Downs died in 2020 at
a mere 99. The "New York Times" did a nice piece on her this year:

http://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/11/world/canada/hazel-mccallion-mississauga-mayor.html

> * Game 7, Round 6 - Sports - On the Move

> These are teams in major professional sports leagues, whose
> franchise took the indicated name when they moved from another
> city on the indicated date. You must tell where they moved *from*
> (i.e. the place name they were previously known by -- be it city,
> state, or whatever) on that date.

> All of the questions will involve teams that had a complete name
> change -- for example, you won't see the Tennessee Oilers, who
> were the Houston Oilers before they moved -- but, again, we're
> only asking for the place name, not the team name.

> (Note: In one or more cases there is some reason to question whether
> the old and new team should really be considered the same one,
> but they are at least by some people.)

> 1. Texas Rangers, 1972.

Washington (Senators, AL). 4 for Joshua, Stephen, and Dan Tilque.

> 2. Winnipeg Jets, 2011.

Atlanta (Thrashers, NHL). 4 for Joshua and Stephen.

> 3. Phoenix Coyotes, 1996.

Winnipeg (Jets, NHL, not to be confused with question #2).
4 for Joshua and Stephen.

> 4. Baltimore Ravens, 1996.

Cleveland (Browns, NFL). 4 for Joshua and Stephen.

> 5. New Jersey Devils, 1982.

Colorado (Rockies, NHL, see also question #10). 4 for Joshua
and Stephen.

> 6. Colorado Avalanche, 1995.

Quebec (Nordiques, NHL). 4 for Joshua, Stephen, Dan Tilque,
and Erland.

> 7. Carolina Hurricanes, 1997.

Hartford (Whalers, NHL). 4 for Joshua, Stephen, and Erland.

> 8. Washington Nationals, 2005.

Montreal (Expos, NL). 4 for Joshua, Stephen, Dan Tilque,
and Dan Blum.

> 9. Oklahoma City Thunder, 2008.

Seattle (Supersonics, NBA). 4 for Joshua, Stephen, Dan Tilque,
and Erland.

> 10. Colorado Rockies (NHL), 1976.

Kansas City (Scouts). 4 for Stephen.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 7 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Ent Geo His Spo
Joshua Kreitzer 36 34 40 36 146
Stephen Perry -- -- 40 40 80
Dan Tilque 4 24 12 16 56
Erland Sommarskog 0 20 0 12 32
Dan Blum -- -- 24 4 28
Pete Gayde 8 16 -- -- 24

--
Mark Brader | "If one were to believe the bulk of our mail, one
Toronto | would conclude that about every part of our anatomy

Re: RQFTCINO13 Game 7, Rounds 4,6 answers: shared dates, sports moves

<vRmdnXPXUqyFSEv-nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4493&group=rec.games.trivia#4493

Newsgroups: rec.games.trivia
From: msb...@vex.net (Mark Brader)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 20:20:40 +0000
 by: Mark Brader - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 20:20 UTC

Two months ago, I (Mark Brader) posted:
> Hazel McCallion may not be known to some of you. She won the
> mayoralty of Mississauga, a large suburb of Toronto, in 1978 when
> she was 57, *and held it for 12 terms, totaling 36 years*.
> She's still alive today at age 101, while Downs died in 2020 at
> a mere 99. The "New York Times" did a nice piece on her this year:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/11/world/canada/hazel-mccallion-mississauga-mayor.html

And now she's dead. She missed turning 102 by about two weeks.
--
Mark Brader | "For the stronger we our houses do build,
Toronto | The less chance we have of being killed."