A tall, dark stranger will have more fun than you.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests disbands - Hong Kong’s draconian national security law has triggered an accelerating disappearance of independent civil society groups from the city. More correctly, to prevent foreign interferenc

SubjectAuthor
* Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests diRusty Wyse
+- Re: Hong Kong democracy group bevonnie
`* Re: Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protestwakal...@yahoo.com.sg
 `- Re: Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protestRusty Wyse

1
Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests disbands - Hong Kong’s draconian national security law has triggered an accelerating disappearance of independent civil society groups from the city. More correctly, to prevent foreign interference t

<c7fdacf6-6924-4f32-8e3f-705f6ef01310n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4376&group=soc.culture.china#4376

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 16:47 UTC

Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests disbands - Hong Kong’s draconian national security law has triggered an accelerating disappearance of independent civil society groups from the city. More correctly, to prevent foreign interference to stop street mob violence and destruction...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hong-kong-democracy-group-behind-055816717.html

Re: Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests disbands - Hong Kong’s draconian national security law has triggered an accelerating disappearance of independent civil society groups from the city. More correctly, to prevent foreign interference t

<sfbm54$u4t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4381&group=soc.culture.china#4381

From: von...@vonnie.co.kr (vonnie)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_Hong_Kong_democracy_group_be
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 02:24:38 +0800
 by: vonnie - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 18:24 UTC

The security law passed and came into effect at 2300 hours local time on 30
June 2020, effective one hour on the eve of the 23rd anniversary of the
city's handover to China on 1st July, 2020 from British rule.

The security law is wide-ranging can effectively take up of any national
security cases that were taken place even before the law was passed on July
1, 2020.

In short, the law is retrospective, with no limit to it. It is backdated to
1997. The security law is stated as required d in the Basic law.

But it was not drawn up for it, as at that time before the handover, Beijing
did not expect Hong Kong people to run into this national situation until
the last few years till the security law passed.

This means this organisation by a group of organisers in carrying out
massive street protests and arsons on public transport and buildings, and
spaces can be deemed to have carried out an act of subversion, secession,
terrorism, collusion against the city government and the government of
China.

All countries have somewhat similar security law to protect the country from
internal national security crimes, and in every country's security law, new
key provisions are added from time to time, and old ones updated, in order
to be relevant to be current in the changing time.

China's national security law passed in 30 June 2020 have key provisions
that include: Crimes of secession, subversion, terrorism and collusion with
foreign forces are punishable by maximum sentence of life in prison.

Companies involved can be fined if convicted under the law. People who found
guilty will not be allowed to stand for public office. This is normally the
case applied In most countries, too.

Damaging public transport facilities can be considered as terrorism in the
national security law. People suspected of breaking the security law can be
wire-tapped and put under surveillance. Trials can be heard behind closed
doors.

The group of organisers should now fear for their arrest. Unless they had
left HK for elsewhere abroad, they will be eventually hunted down in HK for
their national crimes committed. Those who had left HK will not have a
chance to step into HK again unless they prepared to be arrested and jailed
for it.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests disbands - Hong Kong’s
draconian national security law has triggered an accelerating disappearance
of independent civil society groups from the city. More correctly, to
prevent foreign interference to stop street mob violence and destruction...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hong-kong-democracy-group-behind-055816717.html

Re: Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests disbands - Hong Kong’s draconian national security law has triggered an accelerating disappearance of independent civil society groups from the city. More correctly, to prevent foreign interferenc

<89c0090f-c5b1-4167-ac9b-f4d1f4d9aa73n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4444&group=soc.culture.china#4444

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 09:15 UTC

On Monday, August 16, 2021 at 12:47:18 AM UTC+8, yale...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests disbands - Hong Kong’s draconian national security law has triggered an accelerating disappearance of independent civil society groups from the city. More correctly, to prevent foreign interference to stop street mob violence and destruction...
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/news/hong-kong-democracy-group-behind-055816717.html
---------

There was no democracy group, and there was no draconian national security law, which law every country has. The CIA stooges were traitors trying to destabilize China for the US. They would have been disbanded in any other country, and the insurrection terrorists put behind bars. My disappointment was not to have seen them clinging onto aircraft flying out of the country.

Wakalukong

Re: Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests disbands - Hong Kong’s draconian national security law has triggered an accelerating disappearance of independent civil society groups from the city. More correctly, to prevent foreign interferenc

<871f91ea-fe40-487c-8ffb-59afd2861379n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4464&group=soc.culture.china#4464

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 16:54 UTC

On Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 2:15:50 AM UTC-7, wakal...@yahoo.com.sg wrote:
> On Monday, August 16, 2021 at 12:47:18 AM UTC+8, yale...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hong Kong democracy group behind massive protests disbands - Hong Kong’s draconian national security law has triggered an accelerating disappearance of independent civil society groups from the city. More correctly, to prevent foreign interference to stop street mob violence and destruction...
> >
> > https://www.yahoo.com/news/hong-kong-democracy-group-behind-055816717.html
> ---------
>
> There was no democracy group, and there was no draconian national security law, which law every country has. The CIA stooges were traitors trying to destabilize China for the US. They would have been disbanded in any other country, and the insurrection terrorists put behind bars. My disappointment was not to have seen them clinging onto aircraft flying out of the country..
>
> Wakalukong

Maybe the UK will issue more BNOs to allow them to move to England. Hoo-ray for them....