Phone call for chucky-pooh.

interests / soc.culture.china / Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force it

SubjectAuthor
* Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' forRusty Wyse
+* Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments'Rusty Wyse
|`* Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments'bmoore
| `- Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments'Rusty Wyse
`* Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the AfghA. Filip
 +* Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghbmoore
 |`- Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the AfghA. Filip
 `- Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the AfghOleg Smirnov

1
Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force it

<1920d2df-5507-4fd4-a130-c0611928ced5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4317&group=soc.culture.china#4317

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 10:16:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 17:16 UTC

Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force it onto the world...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/retired-nato-general-blames-20-years-of-american-misjudgments-for-the-afghanistan-crisis-where-the-taliban-is-advancing-in-the-wake-of-us-withdrawals/ar-AANhliT?ocid=msedgntp

Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force

<61f4b385-8ec7-459e-9079-256ffcac9ca0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4325&group=soc.culture.china#4325

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 11:05:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments'
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 18:05 UTC

On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 10:36:19 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:
> On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 10:16:35 AM UTC-7, yale...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force it onto the world...
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/retired-nato-general-blames-20-years-of-american-misjudgments-for-the-afghanistan-crisis-where-the-taliban-is-advancing-in-the-wake-of-us-withdrawals/ar-AANhliT?ocid=msedgntp
> I wonder how "the people" feel about the Taliban's vision of blowing up little girls who try to go to school. Is that a better vision?

Well, as I have said many many time. Outlaw religion!! Blow up all religious structures. Forbid all teaching of God altogether. Religion is the cause of human misery!!!!

Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force

<anfi+drqyb5tkef-l8d5@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4327&group=soc.culture.china#4327

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 18:46:28 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:HX0xkzdvlgcPzBIVSEDvWVikZIQ=
 by: A. Filip - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 18:46 UTC

bmoore <bmoore@nyx.net> wrote:
> On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 10:16:35 AM UTC-7, yale...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for
>> the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake
>> of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of
>> the world, and yet America continues to force it onto the world...
>>
>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/retired-nato-general-blames-20-years-of-american-misjudgments-for-the-afghanistan-crisis-where-the-taliban-is-advancing-in-the-wake-of-us-withdrawals/ar-AANhliT?ocid=msedgntp
>
> I wonder how "the people" feel about the Taliban's vision of blowing
> up little girls who try to go to school. Is that a better vision?

Are YOU ready to die for your vision of Afghanistan?

20 years should be enough to win hearts and minds, shouldn't it?
So at very least state *directly* "Right vision, failed implementation".
IMHO US failed to learn on Soviet failure in Afghanistan. Will US fail
to learn on US failure in Afghanistan? It seems likely.

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| The advertisement is the most truthful part of a newspaper.
| (Thomas Jefferson)

Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force

<125cdd30-fddc-4719-8b4d-be3c1c8b708fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4328&group=soc.culture.china#4328

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 11:57:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 18:57 UTC

On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 11:05:47 AM UTC-7, yale...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 10:36:19 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:
> > On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 10:16:35 AM UTC-7, yale...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force it onto the world...
> > >
> > > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/retired-nato-general-blames-20-years-of-american-misjudgments-for-the-afghanistan-crisis-where-the-taliban-is-advancing-in-the-wake-of-us-withdrawals/ar-AANhliT?ocid=msedgntp
> > I wonder how "the people" feel about the Taliban's vision of blowing up little girls who try to go to school. Is that a better vision?
> Well, as I have said many many time. Outlaw religion!! Blow up all religious structures. Forbid all teaching of God altogether. Religion is the cause of human misery!!!!

It is true that the Taliban have caused much misery. What is the solution to these people?

Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force

<a9a80244-92ae-495e-b732-f6ae2de04201n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4329&group=soc.culture.china#4329

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 12:03:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 19:03 UTC

On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 11:47:16 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:
> > On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 10:16:35 AM UTC-7, yale...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for
> >> the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake
> >> of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of
> >> the world, and yet America continues to force it onto the world...
> >>
> >> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/retired-nato-general-blames-20-years-of-american-misjudgments-for-the-afghanistan-crisis-where-the-taliban-is-advancing-in-the-wake-of-us-withdrawals/ar-AANhliT?ocid=msedgntp
> >
> > I wonder how "the people" feel about the Taliban's vision of blowing
> > up little girls who try to go to school. Is that a better vision?
> Are YOU ready to die for your vision of Afghanistan?
>
> 20 years should be enough to win hearts and minds, shouldn't it?
> So at very least state *directly* "Right vision, failed implementation".
> IMHO US failed to learn on Soviet failure in Afghanistan. Will US fail
> to learn on US failure in Afghanistan? It seems likely.

Yes, the US failed to get rid of the extremists. So what's the right implementation? Nuts like the Taliban are tough to crack.

Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force

<anfi+ca7vz4w8af-l8d5@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4330&group=soc.culture.china#4330

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 19:25:36 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:ruA5SSX5G+wrHeFOhrsPbwfObRk=
 by: A. Filip - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 19:25 UTC

bmoore <bmoore@nyx.net> wrote:
> On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 11:47:16 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
>> bmoore <bmo...@nyx.net> wrote:

>> > I wonder how "the people" feel about the Taliban's vision of blowing
>> > up little girls who try to go to school. Is that a better vision?
>> Are YOU ready to die for your vision of Afghanistan?
>>
>> 20 years should be enough to win hearts and minds, shouldn't it?
>> So at very least state *directly* "Right vision, failed implementation".
>> IMHO US failed to learn on Soviet failure in Afghanistan. Will US fail
>> to learn on US failure in Afghanistan? It seems likely.
>
> Yes, the US failed to get rid of the extremists. So what's the right
> implementation? Nuts like the Taliban are tough to crack.

If you want it another way: US ways of fighting the extremists created
support for the extremists (because it failed to deliver victory *fast*
- two or three years). IMHO US failed miserably to assume *LONG*
anti-insurgency campaign from the very beginning. It would not guarantee
victory anyway.

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| If God wanted us to be brave, why did he give us legs?
| (Marvin Kitman)

Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis

<sf6l15$a3d$2@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4331&group=soc.culture.china#4331

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 23:33:07 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 20:33 UTC

A. Filip, <news:anfi+drqyb5tkef-l8d5@wp.eu>
> bmoore <bmoore@nyx.net> wrote:
>> On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 10:16:35 AM UTC-7, yale...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/retired-nato-general-blames-20-years-of-american-misjudgments-for-the-afghanistan-crisis-where-the-taliban-is-advancing-in-the-wake-of-us-withdrawals/ar-AANhliT?ocid=msedgntp
>>
>> I wonder how "the people" feel about the Taliban's vision of blowing
>> up little girls who try to go to school. Is that a better vision?
>
> Are YOU ready to die for your vision of Afghanistan?
>
> 20 years should be enough to win hearts and minds, shouldn't it?
> So at very least state *directly* "Right vision, failed implementation".
> IMHO US failed to learn on Soviet failure in Afghanistan. Will US fail
> to learn on US failure in Afghanistan? It seems likely.

The Soviet-friendly Afghan government was able to hold out for about
3 years after withdrawal of the Soviet troops. It was so because the
regime had some genuine support from a noticeable part of the Afghan
population, while the Atlanticism and regional anti-Soviet powers
chose to weaponize militant extremists driven by the fundamentalist-
Islamist agenda. They provided significant support with weapons and
money to those whom they call "theocratic barbarians" today, while
post-Soviet Russia stopped giving non-military support at the end of
1991, only after which the government troops became inefficient due
to various shortages. Otherwise, then government had a good chance to
stablilize the situation and turn the nation towards modernity.

The American case in Afghanistan is fundamentally different because
the Taliban didn't get external/foreign support on a scale comparable
to those mujahideen who later became the basis on which al-Qaida and
the Taliban emerged. The main (and inconvenient) truth the Americans
could derive from the present situation is that they were unable to
instill a system the locals would be really enthusiastic to keep and
defend on their own. The present behavior of the government troops
shows that most of them don't see the American-established governance
as something worth real fighting for.

Within bigger picture, the bet on the fundamentalist extremists in
the 1980s caused effects also outside Afghanistan. It included "9/11"
in the US and the aggravation of the East-Turkestan issues in China.
Today, due to the victory of the Taliban, which may happen soon, one
also can expect some effects of the sort.

Re: Retired NATO general blames '20 years of American misjudgments' for the Afghanistan crisis, where the Taliban is advancing in the wake of US withdrawals - The "people" don't want America's "vision" of the world, and yet America continues to force

<0c38ddc0-ce6a-4542-81b1-1bb241b4ad3dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4338&group=soc.culture.china#4338

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 18:59:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 14 Aug 2021 01:59 UTC

On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 11:57:45 AM UTC-7, bmoore wrote:
> On Friday, August 13, 2021 at 11:05:47 AM UTC-7, yale...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > I wonder how "the people" feel about the Taliban's vision of blowing up little girls who try to go to school. Is that a better vision?
> > Well, as I have said many many time. Outlaw religion!! Blow up all religious structures. Forbid all teaching of God altogether. Religion is the cause of human misery!!!!
> It is true that the Taliban have caused much misery.

Don't just blame the Taliban. Don't you think we caused just as much, if not more misery in Afghanistan...

> What is the solution to these people?

Easy!!!
Outlaw religion and destroy all religious structures, teaching,...
If you want to practice religion, do it on your own time, your own place, and never allow any money to go to any religious activities...