Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Barr_says_he’ll_vote_for_‘Republican_tick
et’_in_November
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 16:06:48 -0700
 by: a425couple - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 23:06 UTC

Another version about Bill Barr's ideas.
Both main choices stink. Which horrible is worse??
Why is Gary Johnson staying away when we really need him?
Because it is obvious most are stuck with the 2 warring tribes.

from
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4599759-bill-barr-republican-ticket-vote-2024/

Barr says he’ll vote for ‘Republican ticket’ in November
BY TARA SUTER - 04/17/24 11:11 AM ET

Bill Bar speaks during a meeting.
Win McNamee, Getty Images

Former U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr speaks at a meeting of the
Federalist Society on Sept. 20, 2022, in Washington, D.C.
Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Wednesday he will vote for the
“Republican ticket” in the November presidential election.

“I think it’s my duty to pick the person I think would do the least harm
to the country,” Barr said on Fox News’s “America’s Newsroom.” “And in
my mind, that’s — I will vote the Republican ticket.”

Barr’s comments come in spite of past criticism of his ex-boss, former
President Trump, who is the presumptive Republican nominee for
president. In December, Barr said his successor in a potential second
Trump administration would have to be against the former president’s
“abuse of government power.”

“Trump needs people around him who will push back and help keep him on
the straight and narrow,” Barr said.

“During his first term, the main way that could be done is by pointing
out to him how this would hurt his prospects for a second term,” he
continued. “Once he wins a second term, I don’t know you know what
considerations can be used to push back against bad ideas.”

Barr said Wednesday he thinks “the real danger to the country — the real
danger to democracy, as I say, is the progressive agenda.”

“And while … Trump may be playing Russian roulette, but a continuation
of the Biden administration is national suicide, in my opinion,” Barr
continued.

Barr recently went after Trump’s call for Congress to shoot down the
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

“I think it’s crazy and reckless to not move forward with FISA. It’s our
principal tool protecting us from terrorist attacks. We’re living
through a time where those threats have never been higher, so it’s
blinding us, it’s blinding our allies,” Barr told The Hill in an interview.

“I think President Trump’s opposition seems to have stemmed from
personal pique rather than any logic and reason. The provision that he
objects to has nothing to do with the provision that’s on the floor,” he
said.

TAGS 2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION BILL BARR DONALD TRUMP FOX NEWS