Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Bill Maher pans NPR, Katherine Maher following newsroom turmoil
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 19:18:28 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 02:18 UTC

from
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-pans-npr-portlandia-character-katherine-maher-following-newsroom-turmoil

Bill Maher pans NPR, 'Portlandia character' Katherine Maher following
newsroom turmoil
The HBO host linked NPR to the anti-Israel protesters that halted
traffic on major city bridges
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn Fox News
Published April 20, 2024 2:35pm EDT

NPR CEO says she wants 'active and robust debate' amid
formerly-suspended editor's resignation
Independent Women's Forum fellow Beverly Hallberg joined 'Fox & Friends
First' to discuss the scandal embroiling publicly-funded NPR after
veteran editor Uri Berliner, who was formerly suspended, resigned from
this job.

"Real Time" host Bill Maher took swipes at NPR and its "'Portlandia'
character" boss Katherine Maher following weeks of turmoil in the
far-left newsroom.

While discussing right-leaning voters' refusal to back President Biden
in the upcoming election, Maher pointed to the dramatic saga unfolding
at NPR following the bombshell essay penned by ousted editor Uri
Berliner, saying "NPR is to them what this country would be if it was a
permanent Democratic governorship."

"The big show is called ‘All Things Considered.' It's not ‘All Things
Considered.' He's not wrong," Maher told his panel Friday night.

"And he pointed out, for example, that of the 87 people working in
editorial positions there, 87 are Democrats. Even if you're a Democrat,
you can't think this is good," Maher said.

BILL MAHER PREDICTS BIDEN WILL DEBATE TRUMP BUT IT'S ‘GONNA BE BAD’ FOR HIM

Real Time host Bill Maher
"Real Time" host Bill Maher tore into NPR following veteran editor Uri
Berliner's bombshell essay. (Screenshot/HBO)

Maher then knocked his "namesake" NPR CEO for her woke social media posts.

"She's a ‘Portlandia’ character," Maher quipped. "She says things like
‘I mean, sure, looting is counterproductive. But it’s founded on
treating people's ancestors as private property.' I mean, c'mon man. A
long time ago. She says 'I suffer with cis-White mobility privilege.' I
mean it's kind of White woman who says she's Beyoncé's spirit animal."

BILL MAHER KNOCKS CNN'S NON-STOP TRUMP BASHING: NO ONE’S BEEN HARDER ON
HIM THAN ME… AND I'M BORED WITH IT'

Katherine Maher
Bill Maher compared NPR CEO Katherine Maher to a "'Portlandia'
character" for her over-the-top social media posts. (Harry
Murphy/Sportsfile for Web Summit Qatar via Getty Images)

The HBO host later pivoted to how Berliner's essay noted subgroups
within NPR like "MGIPOC" (Marginalized Genders and Intersex People of
Color), "Mi Gente" for "Latinx" employees, "NPR Noir" for Black
employees and "Ummah" for Muslim employees.

"Come on," Maher reacted. "Trump divides us, yes he does, But you're
doing it too. Why do you need to do this?"

NPR CEO DODGES QUESTION ON IF SHE SHOULD PRIORITIZE ‘VIEWPOINT
DIVERSITY’ IN NEWSROOM FOLLOWING EDITOR'S EXIT

Maher went on to connect NPR to the anti-Israel protesters who halted
traffic on bridges in major cities this week.

"They're protesting for terrorists, okay? I think this is a result of
the kind of stuff that flows down from places like NPR and colleges,"
Maher said.

Uri Berliner NPR
Longtime NPR editor Uri Berliner, who is serving a five-day suspension
for blowing the whistle on liberal bias at the organization, announced
his resignation. (Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

NPR has been plagued by scandal ever since Berliner went public about
the left-wing takeover of the newsroom in his stunning essay published
in The Free Press.

Berliner resigned this week after he was placed on a five-day unpaid
suspension for violating NPR policy since he did not seek permission to
appear on other news platforms.

Fox News Digital reached out to NPR for comment.

Joseph A. Wulfsohn is a media reporter for Fox News Digital. Story tips
can be sent to joseph.wulfsohn@fox.com and on Twitter: @JosephWulfsohn.

Conversation3.8K Comments
Discussions are moderated. For more details, click here.

Sort by

Best
tolerantliberal456
1 day ago

If we had an ‘fair and balanced’ MSM: We could have had 1.9% inflation,
2.9% mtg interest rates, closed borders, high real wage growth; but
instead we got open borders, highest grocery prices in 30 years, sky
rocketing rent,7% mortgage interest rates and the destruction of our
energy production.

Que...

See more

Share
ClemB
12 hours ago

Don’t believe the NPR spin that “only three percent of our funding comes
from government”. That doesn’t take into account all the ways NPR
siphons from the public trough. In total, they receive more than 50% of
their funding from the taxpayers. Most of it is funneled through
affiliate stations tha...

See more

Share

1 reply
ShadowBanned418
13 hours ago

Question. How bad does it have to get before delusional people vote Red?

Share

19 replies

Show 10 more replies
thinkfirst911
1 day ago

NPR needs to be responsible for its funding, not another dollar of
taxpayer money should go to support this far-left progressive endeavor.
The new CEO is proof of its current direction.

Share
illini80
22 hours ago

More than that, and seldom mentioned, they need to have their tax free
status taken away. That would hurt them more.

Share

3 replies
ynwa96
18 hours ago

"Current direction?" Now, that's funny. Been the same direction for
decades. What's the surprise? Only surprise is one of the robots strayed.

Share

4 replies

Show 45 more replies
justsayingitasitis972
1 day ago

The historical rationale/need for NPR as a taxpayer funded and
charitable (tax deductible) entity has long passed. Let it stand on its
own like every other radio station.

Share

1 reply
ConspiracyRealist1984270
1 day ago

Maher speaks out against "woke" politics but also votes Left (enabling
"woke" ideology).

He's trying to have it both ways, probably to keep his audience as large
as possible. At a certain point, he's going to have to choose a side.

Share
weneeda3rdparty
10 hours ago

No, you don't have to choose a side. Having a nuanced view shows
intelligence. Picking a side on all the issues just because it's red or
blue is what causes all the problems to begin with.

I agree with the right on most issues, but on a few the left is more
persuasive. If you only agree with one...

See more

Share

4 replies
hobknobbob
11 hours ago

For the record he should disclose how many conservatives he employs on
his show?

Share

2 replies

Show 8 more replies
Gadget1131
1 day ago

I've always believed, "Liberals live in the world the way they wish it
was and therefore fail to make a positive difference, whereas
conservatives live in the world the way it really is, and through their
actions strive to make it a better place."

Share
hsloth
12 hours ago

Well said! I’d also say that liberals are people driven by emotion
whereas conservatives are driven by reason.

Share

2 replies
market356
13 hours ago

Consevatives only believe what they see. Leftists only see what they
believe.

Share

4 replies

Show 10 more replies
TheUSAisGreat
1 day ago

Let's face it, NPR cannot stand up to objectivity. Therefore they need
outside funding to stay in business. Cut off the funds. Sink or swim
based on the quality of ideas.

CUT OFF THE FUNDS NOW!

Re: Bill Maher pans NPR, Katherine Maher following newsroom turmoil

<20240422091008.3f9aad6c@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4304&group=alt.law-enforcement#4304

From: suc...@ra.mentos (Little@man.Ball)
Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 09:10:08 -0600
 by: Little@man.Ball - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 15:10 UTC

On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 19:18:28 -0700
a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bill Maher pans NPR, 'Portlandia character' Katherine Maher following
> newsroom turmoil
> The HBO host linked NPR to the anti-Israel protesters that halted

He's playing for a lesser indictment from the next regime is all.