From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: rec.humor
Subject: Ralph and Edna
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 11:24:07 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 16:24 UTC

Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they
were walking past the swimming pool, Ralph jumped into the deep end.

Edna jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out.
When the Head Nurse found out, she came to Edna and said, "Edna, I have good
news and bad news". "The good news is you're being discharged since you were
able to rationally respond to a crisis by saving your husband. You proved you
are of sound mindedness". "The bad news is, Ralph hung himself. I am very
sorry, but he's dead".

Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself. I put him there to dry out. How
soon can I go home?"