Love your enemies: they'll go crazy trying to figure out what you're up to.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

SubjectAuthor
* OT. Chevy Bolt Killed OffDean Hoffman
+* OT. Chevy Bolt Killed OffFrank
|+* OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
||`* OT. Chevy Bolt Killed OffDean Hoffman
|| +- OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
|| `* OT. Chevy Bolt Killed OffFrank
||  `* OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
||   `- OT. Chevy Bolt Killed OffFrank
|`- OT. Chevy Bolt Killed OffSlevin
+* OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Offrbowman
|`- OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
`- OT. Chevy Bolt Killed OffT

1
OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<798e923d-e003-4f0f-a5cf-d1abe08b6624n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42648&group=alt.home.repair#42648

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 03:49:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 10:49 UTC

So says a report on the local news. Reasons are battery fires and lack of sales The plant will be retooled to make some sort of EV pickup.

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<u2b1uu$1bvi5$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42651&group=alt.home.repair#42651

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 07:29:33 -0400
 by: Frank - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 11:29 UTC

On 4/26/2023 6:49 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> So says a report on the local news. Reasons are battery fires and lack of sales The plant will be retooled to make some sort of EV pickup.

Chevy's solution to the battery fires was a computer fix where the
battery cannot not be fully charged.

Since this reduces the range considerably there is a big class action
suit over it:

https://lemonlawexperts.com/chevy-bolt-class-action-lawsuit/

To get political, there are those here that vote for those pushing EV's
down our throat.

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<eo92M.742931$QS94.672499@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42653&group=alt.home.repair#42653

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 09:09:21 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 13:09 UTC

On 4/26/2023 7:29 AM, Frank wrote:
> On 4/26/2023 6:49 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
>>      So says a report on the local news. Reasons are battery fires
>> and lack of sales The plant will be retooled to make some sort of EV
>> pickup.
>
> Chevy's solution to the battery fires was a computer fix where the
> battery cannot not be fully charged.
>
> Since this reduces the range considerably there is a big class action
> suit over it:
>
> https://lemonlawexperts.com/chevy-bolt-class-action-lawsuit/
>
> To get political, there are those here that vote for those pushing
> EV's down our throat.

American engineers used their traditional knowledge of lead-acid and
nickel-metal hydride battery to deal with lithium-ion cells. I have
experience playing with high current lithium-ion cells decades ago when
I was into the hobby of flying model helicopters. It was an expensive
hobby because helicopter crashes easily, unlike the very stable modern
hobby drones with 4 propellers at four corners.

Just like charging lead-acid and NiMH batteries, you get diminishing
charging efficiency when the battery is approaching full charge. The
excess charging current will starting turning the water in the
electrolyte into hydrogen and oxygen (electrolysis). It is harmless in
lead-acid batteries because the gas can escape and you can add pure
water back into it. The lithium-ion batteries I bought were slabs of
soft material without a hard casing. It will bulge when overcharged and
there will be risk of fire because the bulging can push some conductors
together to cause short circuit. It will be catastrophic because those
lithium-ions can produce much higher electric current than lead-acid types.

Therefore, you should avoid charging a lithium-ion battery to full
capacity, and never trickle-charge a lithium-ion battery because
lithium-ion batteries cannot release the gas and will bulge and self
destruct.

The good thing about lithium-ion batteries is that the remaining
capacity inside is reflected by the terminal voltage, unlike lead-acid
battery's constant voltage until it is almost dead. That's why Sony
camera lithium-ion batteries can tell you exactly how much battery
charge is remaining.

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<651159e6-2621-4421-b7d8-2e80cfcf4b38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42654&group=alt.home.repair#42654

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 06:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 13:54 UTC

On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 8:09:39 AM UTC-5, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅ wrote:
> On 4/26/2023 7:29 AM, Frank wrote:
> > On 4/26/2023 6:49 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> >> So says a report on the local news. Reasons are battery fires
> >> and lack of sales The plant will be retooled to make some sort of EV
> >> pickup.
> >
> > Chevy's solution to the battery fires was a computer fix where the
> > battery cannot not be fully charged.
> >
> > Since this reduces the range considerably there is a big class action
> > suit over it:
> >
> > https://lemonlawexperts.com/chevy-bolt-class-action-lawsuit/
> >
> > To get political, there are those here that vote for those pushing
> > EV's down our throat.
> American engineers used their traditional knowledge of lead-acid and
> nickel-metal hydride battery to deal with lithium-ion cells. I have
> experience playing with high current lithium-ion cells decades ago when
> I was into the hobby of flying model helicopters. It was an expensive
> hobby because helicopter crashes easily, unlike the very stable modern
> hobby drones with 4 propellers at four corners.
>
> Just like charging lead-acid and NiMH batteries, you get diminishing
> charging efficiency when the battery is approaching full charge. The
> excess charging current will starting turning the water in the
> electrolyte into hydrogen and oxygen (electrolysis). It is harmless in
> lead-acid batteries because the gas can escape and you can add pure
> water back into it. The lithium-ion batteries I bought were slabs of
> soft material without a hard casing. It will bulge when overcharged and
> there will be risk of fire because the bulging can push some conductors
> together to cause short circuit. It will be catastrophic because those
> lithium-ions can produce much higher electric current than lead-acid types.
>
> Therefore, you should avoid charging a lithium-ion battery to full
> capacity, and never trickle-charge a lithium-ion battery because
> lithium-ion batteries cannot release the gas and will bulge and self
> destruct.
>
> The good thing about lithium-ion batteries is that the remaining
> capacity inside is reflected by the terminal voltage, unlike lead-acid
> battery's constant voltage until it is almost dead. That's why Sony
> camera lithium-ion batteries can tell you exactly how much battery
> charge is remaining.

There's an article here about someone needing a tow because he ran his battery down
in an EV. This driver would've been ok if he had a hybrid.
<https://www.westernjournal.com/californian-learns-brutal-lesson-evs-stranded-truck-hauled-away-wyoming-report/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=WJBreaking&ff_campaign=breaking&ff_content=western-journal>
Here's a Consumer Reports article about hybrids.
<https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hybrids-evs/how-do-hybrid-cars-work-a1034181509/>

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<2la2M.742932$QS94.184971@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42656&group=alt.home.repair#42656

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 10:14:14 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 14:14 UTC

On 4/26/2023 9:54 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 8:09:39 AM UTC-5, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅ wrote:
>>> Chevy's solution to the battery fires was a computer fix where the
>>> battery cannot not be fully charged.
>>>
>>> Since this reduces the range considerably there is a big class action
>>> suit over it:
>>>
>>> https://lemonlawexperts.com/chevy-bolt-class-action-lawsuit/
>>>
>>> To get political, there are those here that vote for those pushing
>>> EV's down our throat.
>> American engineers used their traditional knowledge of lead-acid and
>> nickel-metal hydride battery to deal with lithium-ion cells. I have
>> experience playing with high current lithium-ion cells decades ago when
>> I was into the hobby of flying model helicopters. It was an expensive
>> hobby because helicopter crashes easily, unlike the very stable modern
>> hobby drones with 4 propellers at four corners.
>>
>> Just like charging lead-acid and NiMH batteries, you get diminishing
>> charging efficiency when the battery is approaching full charge. The
>> excess charging current will starting turning the water in the
>> electrolyte into hydrogen and oxygen (electrolysis). It is harmless in
>> lead-acid batteries because the gas can escape and you can add pure
>> water back into it. The lithium-ion batteries I bought were slabs of
>> soft material without a hard casing. It will bulge when overcharged and
>> there will be risk of fire because the bulging can push some conductors
>> together to cause short circuit. It will be catastrophic because those
>> lithium-ions can produce much higher electric current than lead-acid types.
>>
>> Therefore, you should avoid charging a lithium-ion battery to full
>> capacity, and never trickle-charge a lithium-ion battery because
>> lithium-ion batteries cannot release the gas and will bulge and self
>> destruct.
>>
>> The good thing about lithium-ion batteries is that the remaining
>> capacity inside is reflected by the terminal voltage, unlike lead-acid
>> battery's constant voltage until it is almost dead. That's why Sony
>> camera lithium-ion batteries can tell you exactly how much battery
>> charge is remaining.
> There's an article here about someone needing a tow because he ran his battery down
> in an EV. This driver would've been ok if he had a hybrid.
> <https://www.westernjournal.com/californian-learns-brutal-lesson-evs-stranded-truck-hauled-away-wyoming-report/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=WJBreaking&ff_campaign=breaking&ff_content=western-journal>
> Here's a Consumer Reports article about hybrids.
> <https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hybrids-evs/how-do-hybrid-cars-work-a1034181509/>

This graph shows the relationship of remaining capacity and terminal
voltage at different temperatures from -20C to +40C.

It shows that lithium-ion cell capacity drops dramatically below
freezing point, but you can still tell from the terminal voltage that
the charge capacity is reduced. The EV should be able to use the
terminal voltage and ambient temperature to estimate the remaining
charge capacity of that particular lithium-ion battery pack.

https://batteryuniversity.com/img/content/discharge-voltage-temperature.jpg

https://batteryuniversity.com/article/bu-502-discharging-at-high-and-low-temperatures

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<kasv5nF87a7U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42659&group=alt.home.repair#42659

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: 26 Apr 2023 15:43:51 GMT
 by: rbowman - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 15:43 UTC

On Wed, 26 Apr 2023 03:49:09 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman wrote:

> So says a report on the local news. Reasons are battery fires and lack
> of sales The plant will be retooled to make some sort of EV pickup.

I thought that died years ago. When Hitler got interested in automobiles
we got the Volkswagen; with Obama we got the Bolt. Just sayin'...

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<06c2M.2889888$Z549.855419@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42660&group=alt.home.repair#42660

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 12:14:43 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 16:14 UTC

On 4/26/2023 11:43 AM, rbowman wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2023 03:49:09 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman wrote:
>
>> So says a report on the local news. Reasons are battery fires and lack
>> of sales The plant will be retooled to make some sort of EV pickup.
> I thought that died years ago. When Hitler got interested in automobiles
> we got the Volkswagen; with Obama we got the Bolt. Just sayin'...

Hitler and Obama are real revolutionaries. You are a natural born
reactionary. But you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Ten Reasons People Resist Change
https://hbr.org/2012/09/ten-reasons-people-resist-chang

Leadership is about change, but what is a leader to do when faced with
ubiquitous resistance? Resistance to change manifests itself in many
ways, from foot-dragging and inertia to petty sabotage to outright
rebellions. The best tool for leaders of change is to understand the
predictable, universal sources of resistance in each situation and then
strategize around them. Here are the ten I’ve found to be the most common.

Loss of control. Change interferes with autonomy and can make people
feel that they’ve lost control over their territory. It’s not just
political, as in who has the power. Our sense of self-determination is
often the first things to go when faced with a potential change coming
from someone else. Smart leaders leave room for those affected by change
to make choices. They invite others into the planning, giving them
ownership.

Excess uncertainty. If change feels like walking off a cliff
blindfolded, then people will reject it. People will often prefer to
remain mired in misery than to head toward an unknown. As the saying
goes, “Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t know.” To
overcome inertia requires a sense of safety as well as an inspiring
vision. Leaders should create certainty of process, with clear, simple
steps and timetables.

Surprise, surprise! Decisions imposed on people suddenly, with no time
to get used to the idea or prepare for the consequences, are generally
resisted. It’s always easier to say No than to say Yes. Leaders should
avoid the temptation to craft changes in secret and then announce them
all at once. It’s better to plant seeds — that is, to sprinkle hints of
what might be coming and seek input.

Everything seems different. Change is meant to bring something
different, but how different? We are creatures of habit. Routines become
automatic, but change jolts us into consciousness, sometimes in
uncomfortable ways. Too many differences can be distracting or
confusing. Leaders should try to minimize the number of unrelated
differences introduced by a central change. Wherever possible keep
things familiar. Remain focused on the important things; avoid change
for the sake of change.

Loss of face. By definition, change is a departure from the past. Those
people associated with the last version — the one that didn’t work, or
the one that’s being superseded — are likely to be defensive about it.
When change involves a big shift of strategic direction, the people
responsible for the previous direction dread the perception that they
must have been wrong. Leaders can help people maintain dignity by
celebrating those elements of the past that are worth honoring, and
making it clear that the world has changed. That makes it easier to let
go and move on.

Concerns about competence. Can I do it? Change is resisted when it makes
people feel stupid. They might express skepticism about whether the new
software version will work or whether digital journalism is really an
improvement, but down deep they are worried that their skills will be
obsolete. Leaders should over-invest in structural reassurance,
providing abundant information, education, training, mentors, and
support systems. A period of overlap, running two systems
simultaneously, helps ease transitions.

More work. Here is a universal challenge. Change is indeed more work.
Those closest to the change in terms of designing and testing it are
often overloaded, in part because of the inevitable unanticipated
glitches in the middle of change, per “Kanter’s Law” that “everything
can look like a failure in the middle.” Leaders should acknowledge the
hard work of change by allowing some people to focus exclusively on it,
or adding extra perqs for participants (meals? valet parking?
massages?). They should reward and recognize participants — and their
families, too, who often make unseen sacrifices.

Ripple effects. Like tossing a pebble into a pond, change creates
ripples, reaching distant spots in ever-widening circles. The ripples
disrupt other departments, important customers, people well outside the
venture or neighborhood, and they start to push back, rebelling against
changes they had nothing to do with that interfere with their own
activities. Leaders should enlarge the circle of stakeholders. They must
consider all affected parties, however distant, and work with them to
minimize disruption.

Past resentments. The ghosts of the past are always lying in wait to
haunt us. As long as everything is steady state, they remain out of
sight. But the minute you need cooperation for something new or
different, the ghosts spring into action. Old wounds reopen, historic
resentments are remembered — sometimes going back many generations.
Leaders should consider gestures to heal the past before sailing into
the future.

Sometimes the threat is real. Now we get to true pain and politics.
Change is resisted because it can hurt. When new technologies displace
old ones, jobs can be lost; prices can be cut; investments can be wiped
out. The best thing leaders can do when the changes they seek pose
significant threat is to be honest, transparent, fast, and fair. For
example, one big layoff with strong transition assistance is better than
successive waves of cuts.

Although leaders can’t always make people feel comfortable with change,
they can minimize discomfort. Diagnosing the sources of resistance is
the first step toward good solutions. And feedback from resistors can
even be helpful in improving the process of gaining acceptance for change.

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<u2bjf7$1f0gh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42661&group=alt.home.repair#42661

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 12:28:21 -0400
 by: Frank - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 16:28 UTC

On 4/26/2023 9:54 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 8:09:39 AM UTC-5, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅ wrote:
>>>
>>> Chevy's solution to the battery fires was a computer fix where the
>>> battery cannot not be fully charged.
>>>
>>> Since this reduces the range considerably there is a big class action
>>> suit over it:
>>>
>>> https://lemonlawexperts.com/chevy-bolt-class-action-lawsuit/
>>>
>>> To get political, there are those here that vote for those pushing
>>> EV's down our throat.
>> American engineers used their traditional knowledge of lead-acid and
>> nickel-metal hydride battery to deal with lithium-ion cells. I have
>> experience playing with high current lithium-ion cells decades ago when
>> I was into the hobby of flying model helicopters. It was an expensive
>> hobby because helicopter crashes easily, unlike the very stable modern
>> hobby drones with 4 propellers at four corners.
>>
>> Just like charging lead-acid and NiMH batteries, you get diminishing
>> charging efficiency when the battery is approaching full charge. The
>> excess charging current will starting turning the water in the
>> electrolyte into hydrogen and oxygen (electrolysis). It is harmless in
>> lead-acid batteries because the gas can escape and you can add pure
>> water back into it. The lithium-ion batteries I bought were slabs of
>> soft material without a hard casing. It will bulge when overcharged and
>> there will be risk of fire because the bulging can push some conductors
>> together to cause short circuit. It will be catastrophic because those
>> lithium-ions can produce much higher electric current than lead-acid types.
>>
>> Therefore, you should avoid charging a lithium-ion battery to full
>> capacity, and never trickle-charge a lithium-ion battery because
>> lithium-ion batteries cannot release the gas and will bulge and self
>> destruct.
>>
>> The good thing about lithium-ion batteries is that the remaining
>> capacity inside is reflected by the terminal voltage, unlike lead-acid
>> battery's constant voltage until it is almost dead. That's why Sony
>> camera lithium-ion batteries can tell you exactly how much battery
>> charge is remaining.
>
> There's an article here about someone needing a tow because he ran his battery down
> in an EV. This driver would've been ok if he had a hybrid.
> <https://www.westernjournal.com/californian-learns-brutal-lesson-evs-stranded-truck-hauled-away-wyoming-report/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=WJBreaking&ff_campaign=breaking&ff_content=western-journal>
> Here's a Consumer Reports article about hybrids.
> <https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hybrids-evs/how-do-hybrid-cars-work-a1034181509/>

I get good mileage on my Subaru Crosstrek with a CVT and recall Consumer
Reports write up on the Crosstrek hybrid a few years ago which maybe
only got about 3 mpg better but maybe cost $5,000 more. They said the
hybrid was not worth the extra cost.

If you do drive a lot and want to save on gas the Toyota Prius has been
around for over 20 years and does hold up well.

While reading the article on the Bolt law suit I saw an article praising
the new Rivian EV for how well it performed in snowy Canada. What was
funny was charging overnight on a home charger in cold weather would
give you an extra twenty miles range but if you just left the vehicle
out in the cold without charging they lost 10% of the existing charge.
The battery uses itself up to keep warm in cold weather.

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<msc2M.1527650$PyXe.1507669@fx08.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42662&group=alt.home.repair#42662

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: ...@. (😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 12:38:34 -0400
 by: 😎 Mighty Wannabe - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 16:38 UTC

On 4/26/2023 12:28 PM, Frank wrote:
> On 4/26/2023 9:54 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
>> On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 8:09:39 AM UTC-5, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅
>> wrote:

>>> American engineers used their traditional knowledge of lead-acid and
>>> nickel-metal hydride battery to deal with lithium-ion cells. I have
>>> experience playing with high current lithium-ion cells decades ago when
>>> I was into the hobby of flying model helicopters. It was an expensive
>>> hobby because helicopter crashes easily, unlike the very stable modern
>>> hobby drones with 4 propellers at four corners.
>>>
>>> Just like charging lead-acid and NiMH batteries, you get diminishing
>>> charging efficiency when the battery is approaching full charge. The
>>> excess charging current will starting turning the water in the
>>> electrolyte into hydrogen and oxygen (electrolysis). It is harmless in
>>> lead-acid batteries because the gas can escape and you can add pure
>>> water back into it. The lithium-ion batteries I bought were slabs of
>>> soft material without a hard casing. It will bulge when overcharged and
>>> there will be risk of fire because the bulging can push some conductors
>>> together to cause short circuit. It will be catastrophic because those
>>> lithium-ions can produce much higher electric current than lead-acid
>>> types.
>>>
>>> Therefore, you should avoid charging a lithium-ion battery to full
>>> capacity, and never trickle-charge a lithium-ion battery because
>>> lithium-ion batteries cannot release the gas and will bulge and self
>>> destruct.
>>>
>>> The good thing about lithium-ion batteries is that the remaining
>>> capacity inside is reflected by the terminal voltage, unlike lead-acid
>>> battery's constant voltage until it is almost dead. That's why Sony
>>> camera lithium-ion batteries can tell you exactly how much battery
>>> charge is remaining.
>>
>>        There's an article here about someone needing a tow because he
>> ran his battery down
>> in an EV.   This driver would've been ok if he had a hybrid.
>> <https://www.westernjournal.com/californian-learns-brutal-lesson-evs-stranded-truck-hauled-away-wyoming-report/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=WJBreaking&ff_campaign=breaking&ff_content=western-journal>
>>
>>      Here's a Consumer Reports article about hybrids.
>> <https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hybrids-evs/how-do-hybrid-cars-work-a1034181509/>
>>

> I get good mileage on my Subaru Crosstrek with a CVT and recall
> Consumer Reports write up on the Crosstrek hybrid a few years ago
> which maybe only got about 3 mpg better but maybe cost $5,000 more.
> They said the hybrid was not worth the extra cost.

EV doesn't even need transmission. Electric motors in EV naturally have
high torque at low speed.

https://www.samleman.com/model-research/do-electric-cars-have-transmissions/

> If you do drive a lot and want to save on gas the Toyota Prius has
> been around for over 20 years and does hold up well.
>
> While reading the article on the Bolt law suit I saw an article
> praising the new Rivian EV for how well it performed in snowy Canada.
> What was funny was charging overnight on a home charger in cold
> weather would give you an extra twenty miles range but if you just
> left the vehicle out in the cold without charging they lost 10% of the
> existing charge. The battery uses itself up to keep warm in cold weather.

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<JMTBjoACZxFCMTXsVHDHrBYCuXpMATiB@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42663&group=alt.home.repair#42663

From: sle...@192.168.1.1 (Slevin)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 23 17:19:13 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
 by: Slevin - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 17:19 UTC

Frank wrote:
> On 4/26/2023 6:49 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
>>      So says a report on the local news.  Reasons are battery fires
>> and lack of sales The plant will be retooled to make some sort of EV
>> pickup.
>
> Chevy's solution to the battery fires was a computer fix where the
> battery cannot not be fully charged.
>
> Since this reduces the range considerably there is a big class action
> suit over it:
>
> https://lemonlawexperts.com/chevy-bolt-class-action-lawsuit/
>
> To get political, there are those here that vote for those pushing EV's
> down our throat.

Yah, when it's time to travel, the hypocritical demonrat EV shill
politicians all have private aircraft that run on jet fuel.

They should make Hunter drive from DC to his paternity court hearing in
Arkansas in a Chevy Bolt. Fill the trunk with Tranheuser-Bush Pud Lite
so he has something to drink while waiting for the Chevy Chitbox to
recharge.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/hunter-biden-ordered-to-appear-in-court-in-arkansas-for-paternity-case-attorneys-confronted-on-laptop-from-hell/

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<u2bmeu$1fg72$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42664&group=alt.home.repair#42664

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 13:19:26 -0400
 by: Frank - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 17:19 UTC

On 4/26/2023 12:38 PM, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅ wrote:
> On 4/26/2023 12:28 PM, Frank wrote:
>> On 4/26/2023 9:54 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

>>>        There's an article here about someone needing a tow because he
>>> ran his battery down
>>> in an EV.   This driver would've been ok if he had a hybrid.
>>> <https://www.westernjournal.com/californian-learns-brutal-lesson-evs-stranded-truck-hauled-away-wyoming-report/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=WJBreaking&ff_campaign=breaking&ff_content=western-journal>
>>>      Here's a Consumer Reports article about hybrids.
>>> <https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hybrids-evs/how-do-hybrid-cars-work-a1034181509/>
>>
>> I get good mileage on my Subaru Crosstrek with a CVT and recall
>> Consumer Reports write up on the Crosstrek hybrid a few years ago
>> which maybe only got about 3 mpg better but maybe cost $5,000 more.
>> They said the hybrid was not worth the extra cost.
>>

> EV doesn't even need transmission. Electric motors in EV naturally have
> high torque at low speed.
>
> https://www.samleman.com/model-research/do-electric-cars-have-transmissions/
>
>> If you do drive a lot and want to save on gas the Toyota Prius has
>> been around for over 20 years and does hold up well.
>>
>> While reading the article on the Bolt law suit I saw an article
>> praising the new Rivian EV for how well it performed in snowy Canada.
>> What was funny was charging overnight on a home charger in cold
>> weather would give you an extra twenty miles range but if you just
>> left the vehicle out in the cold without charging they lost 10% of the
>> existing charge. The battery uses itself up to keep warm in cold weather.

Read it is a Prius option.

From what I gather with my Crosstrek looking at similar AWD vehicles I
might get 5 mpg more with CVT than regular automatic.

Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off

<u2c9hh$1ihss$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42680&group=alt.home.repair#42680

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 15:45:05 -0700
 by: T - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 22:45 UTC

On 4/26/23 03:49, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> So says a report on the local news. Reasons are battery fires and lack of sales The plant will be retooled to make some sort of EV pickup.

I think this is the expected outcome of government
interference with the marketplace. GM should have
never taken the money. Form did not.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT. Chevy Bolt Killed Off