Newsgroups: or.politics,ca.politics,or.politics,alt.law-enforcement,rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: “What_the_f—k_are_we_doing_here,_people
?” Stewart fumed
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 14:21:27 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 21:21 UTC

One of the few times I agree with Jon Stewart

“What the f—k are we doing here, people?” Stewart fumed about the
current state of the 2024 presidential election that’s poised to be a
rematch between Biden, 81, and Trump, 77."

from
https://nypost.com/2024/02/13/news/jon-stewart-slams-objectively-old-biden-over-inability-to-remember-very-basic-things-in-daily-show-return/

Jon Stewart slams ‘objectively old’ Biden over inability to remember
‘very basic things’ in ‘Daily Show’ return
By Social Links forAllie Griffin
Published Feb. 13, 2024, 4:01 a.m. ET
EXPLORE MORE

Jon Stewart mocks MSNBC’s refusal to show ‘disturbing’ hogtied Biden decal
Jon Stewart says Apple asked him not to interview FTC’s Lina Khan during
antitrust scrutiny: ‘Why are they so afraid?’
Jon Stewart benefited by 829% ‘overvalue’ of his NYC home even as he
labels Trump’s civil case ‘not victimless’
Jon Stewart returned to “The Daily Show” Monday night and wasted no time
excoriating both President Biden and former President Donald Trump in a
scathing monologue that centered on their advanced ages.

“What the f—k are we doing here, people?” Stewart fumed about the
current state of the 2024 presidential election that’s poised to be a
rematch between Biden, 81, and Trump, 77.

Stewart — who hosted the talk show after a nine-year hiatus — ripped
both candidates over their mental capabilities and slammed those who
don’t take issue with Biden’s ability to run the country as an octogenarian.

The comedian began the blistering, 20-minute speech with the “big news”
over the weekend concerning the special counsel report on the
president’s handling of classified documents.

“This guy couldn’t remember stuff during his deposition,” Stewart said
of Biden. “You understand what that means? He had no ability to recall
very basic things under questioning.”

Stewart slammed candidates over their mental capabilities and ripped
those who don't take issue with Biden's ability to run the country as an
octogenarian.
3 Stewart slammed the candidates over their mental capabilities and ripped
those who don’t take issue with Biden’s ability to run the country as an
octogenarian.
The Daily Show
Stewart slammed the candidates over their mental capabilities and ripped
those who don’t take issue with Biden’s ability to run the country as an
octogenarian.
The Daily Show
In a clever switch-up, the talk show host then played a clip from a
Trump deposition where he’s unable to recall what years he was married
to an ex-wife and whether he claimed he had one of the best memories in
the world.

“It turns out that the leading cause of early onset dementia is being
deposed,” Stewart quipped.

He also tore into Biden for mistakenly referring to Egyptian President
Abdel Fattah El-Sisi as the president of Mexico during a press conference.

Stewart was upset about the current state of the 2024 presidential
election that's likely set to be a rematch between Biden, 81, and Trump, 77.
3 Stewart was upset about the current state of the 2024 presidential
election that’s likely to be a rematch between Biden, 81, and Trump, 77.
Getty Images
“Joe Biden had a big press conference to dispel the notion that he may
have lost a step and politically speaking last three to four steps,” he
said.

Stewart did not hold back on Trump’s age, adding that the Republican
regularly says things at rallies that would warrant a wellness check.

“They are objectively old!” he said of the two 2024 contenders. “They
are at the age where there are no more age-related milestones to hit.
They got their AARP cards, they got Social Security, they got their
movie discounts …”

Never Miss a Story
Sign up to get the best stories straight to your inbox.

Enter your email address
By clicking above you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

“We have two candidates who are chronologically outside the norm of
anyone who has run for the presidency in this country in the history of
this country,” Stewart said. “They are the oldest people ever to run for
president — breaking by only four years the record that they set!”

The comedian said that by calling out their aging bodies and minds, he
is not suggesting that neither White House contender is “vibrant,
productive or even capable.”

“They’re both stretching the limits of being able to handle the toughest
job in the world,” he said of Biden and Trump. “What’s crazy is thinking
that we are the ones as voters who must silence concerns and criticisms.
It is the candidates’ job to assuage concerns, not the voters’ job not
to mention [them].”

Stewart acknowledged that the Trump regularly says things at rallies
that would warrant a wellness check.
3 Stewart acknowledged that Trump regularly says things at rallies that
would warrant a wellness check.
Getty Images
Stewart — who is typically left-leaning — focused much of his monologue
on questioning what proof Democrats have that Biden is as sharp and
quick-witted as they claim.

But he added that Biden “isn’t Donald Trump,” listing several of the
scandals and indictments besetting the former president.

“But the stakes of this election don’t make Donald Trump’s opponent less
subject to scrutiny,” Stewart said.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE:
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Email
Copy
FILED UNDER DONALD TRUMP JOE BIDEN JON STEWART THE DAILY SHOW 2/13/24
READ NEXT