From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: v for frequency?
Date: 24 Apr 2023 16:33:12 GMT
<59dm2ipeu2amv875p0l2t2h1hj7crvpc0r@4ax.com> <op.13p9k42nmvhs6z@ryzen.home>
<20230421140019.05e44e8b@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>
<u1u2m0$23nnn$2@dont-email.me> <u1v0h7$2tker$1@dont-email.me>
<kl564ilmq214baq42sr5198gaitrreh3gg@4ax.com>
<dfG0M.558498$PXw7.91507@fx45.iad> <kagu3vFci42U2@mid.individual.net>
<neq74idfskt7chta6m64p8bd2f9bv0b5ia@4ax.com> <u21273$3bcgt$1@dont-email.me>
<kailsnFkchdU1@mid.individual.net> <u2370p$3q0ui$1@dont-email.me>
<1ba1M.2725577$GNG9.285381@fx18.iad> <u23nob$3sp5h$3@dont-email.me>
<f6h1M.1636281$Tcw8.530594@fx10.iad> <kam7isF6r44U5@mid.individual.net>
<Ogs1M.303203$b7Kc.281210@fx39.iad>
 by: rbowman - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 16:33 UTC

On Mon, 24 Apr 2023 09:49:34 GMT, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.home.repair.]
> On 2023-04-24, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 21:07:23 GMT, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> Suet is not unheard of. I'd probably have to go to the butcher shop
>>> for it. And I have no use for it.
>>
>> No plum puddings for you?
>
> No. The Brits in my background are a couple of centuries back.

afaik there are no Brits in my background. I've no idea where the suet
pudding thing came from.

> My grandmother fully embraced convenience food. She did a mean butter
> brickle cake with the Betty Crocker mix. Another dessert involved
> vanilla wafer crumbs, marshmallows, canned pineapple, and Cool Whip.
>
> It was a dark time. I had to leave home before I began to really enjoy
> food. Learning that green beans don't have to be cooked to mush was a
> revelation.

Both my mother and grandmother were good cooks so I was spared the
marshmallows and Cool Whip. I forget the organization but they would have
a smorgasbord as a fund raiser. As long as you didn't stray too far from
the Swedish meatballs you could avoid the weird and wonderful. I draw the
line at Jello and sardine concoctions.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: v for frequency?