From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: US/Texas: Texas Supreme Court gives green light to arresting 60 lawmakers :-)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 06:40:22 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:29oZcEjrNh3mbJLaBVGSlm0eqNs=
 by: A. Filip - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 06:40 UTC

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-supreme-court-allows-for-arrest-of-democrats-who-dont-show-up-to-legislature

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| Tomorrow's computers some time next month. (DEC)

Re: US/Texas: Texas Supreme Court gives green light to arresting 60 lawmakers :-)

<7be222fb-16d5-49ea-86c0-a982109a78f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4252&group=soc.culture.china#4252

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 23:52:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: US/Texas: Texas Supreme Court gives green light to arresting 60
lawmakers :-)
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Thu, 12 Aug 2021 06:52 UTC

On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 2:40:25 PM UTC+8, A. Filip wrote:
> https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-supreme-court-allows-for-arrest-of-democrats-who-dont-show-up-to-legislature
> > Published 8 hours ago ; Last Update 4 hours ago
> > Texas Supreme Court allows for arrest of Democrats who don't show up to legislature
> >
> > The Texas Supreme Court Tuesday voided a district judge's temporary
> > restraining order that blocked the threat of arrest for Democratic
> > lawmakers who fled the state last month.
> > Republican Gov. Greg Abbott threatened to arrest the nearly *60*
> > Democratic representatives who fled the Texas legislature in order to
> > block Republicans from establishing a quorum and passing a contested
> > voting reforms bill. […]
>
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | Tomorrow's computers some time next month. (DEC)
---------

The Texas governor is the one who should be arrested.

Wakalukong

Re: US/Texas: Texas Supreme Court gives green light to arresting 60 lawmakers :-)

<1eba80bc-0449-4106-a46e-f404a9bcd902n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4260&group=soc.culture.china#4260

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 04:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 12 Aug 2021 11:55 UTC

On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 2:52:18 AM UTC-4, wakal...@yahoo.com.sg wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 2:40:25 PM UTC+8, A. Filip wrote:
> > https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-supreme-court-allows-for-arrest-of-democrats-who-dont-show-up-to-legislature
> > > Published 8 hours ago ; Last Update 4 hours ago
> > > Texas Supreme Court allows for arrest of Democrats who don't show up to legislature
> > >
> > > The Texas Supreme Court Tuesday voided a district judge's temporary
> > > restraining order that blocked the threat of arrest for Democratic
> > > lawmakers who fled the state last month.
> > > Republican Gov. Greg Abbott threatened to arrest the nearly *60*
> > > Democratic representatives who fled the Texas legislature in order to
> > > block Republicans from establishing a quorum and passing a contested
> > > voting reforms bill. […]
> >
> > --
> > A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> > | Tomorrow's computers some time next month. (DEC)
> ---------
>
> The Texas governor is the one who should be arrested.
>
> Wakalukong

How so?
As members of the state congress, it is their job and responsibility to participate the process.

Re: US/Texas: Texas Supreme Court gives green light to arresting 60 lawmakers :-)

<anfi+7whwafb05f-l8c4@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4266&group=soc.culture.china#4266

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 15:05:44 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:piOjmPvDXz5UdNUAbrRGmC93nAM=
 by: A. Filip - Thu, 12 Aug 2021 15:05 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 2:52:18 AM UTC-4, wakal...@yahoo.com.sg wrote:
>> On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 2:40:25 PM UTC+8, A. Filip wrote:
>> > https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-supreme-court-allows-for-arrest-of-democrats-who-dont-show-up-to-legislature

>> The Texas governor is the one who should be arrested.
>>
>> Wakalukong
>
> How so?
> As members of the state congress, it is their job and responsibility
> to participate the process.

Texas requires quorum of 2/3 lawmakers => there is a need for blocking
"blocking 1/3 minority" :-)

Laws are Like Sausages. It is better not to see them being made
-- attributed to Otto von Bismarck

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| So far we've managed to avoid turning Perl into APL. :-)
| (Larry Wall in <199702251904.LAA28261@wall.org>)

interests / soc.culture.china / US/Texas: Texas Supreme Court gives green light to arresting 60 lawmakers :-)