From: yourd...@outlook.com (useapen)
Newsgroups: nm.general,alt.law-enforcement,alt.politics.nationalism.black,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,alt.society.mental-health
Subject: Missing South Carolina paramedic found dead, car located at scene of fatal shooting of New Mexico police officer
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 08:36:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: useapen - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 08:36 UTC

MARION COUNTY, S.C. (WMBF/Gray News) - A missing paramedic was found dead
in South Carolina while her car was located at the scene of the fatal
shooting of a police officer in New Mexico.

The Marion County Sheriff�s Office said that Phonesia Machado-Fore�s body
was found in Dillon County, South Carolina, Friday evening. An autopsy is
scheduled for Monday, according to Dillon County Coroner Donnie Grimsley.

�Mrs. Fore was one of us, a fellow first responder,� Marion County Sheriff
Brian Wallace said in a statement. �Her death is senseless. Our community
has suffered a tremendous loss. My team and I will not stop until we bring
the person or persons responsible for her death to justice.�

Machado-Fore was last seen at her home on Tuesday. She was reported
missing to authorities on Thursday.

Her car was found at the scene of a deadly shooting where a state police
officer was killed in New Mexico.

https://gray-kosa-
prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com/resizer/v2/Z6PEVBYVGJFVLHPFXGS24CBJ6M.png?auth=
fca992728890be2b4e24153c08e9a2744bb5f41a77a2871630fd376ce170b120&width=130
0&height=728&smart=true

Jaremy Smith, 32, is wanted for several charges including first-degree
murder, armed robbery, unlawful taking of a motor vehicle and felon in
possession of a firearm, according to New Mexico State Police. He has been
named a person of interest in Machado-Fore�s death.

Authorities say Smith�s charges stem from the killing of 35-year-old state
police officer Justin Hare on Interstate 40 early Friday.

New Mexico State Police Chief Troy Weisler said Hare was called to assist
a vehicle on I-40 that had a flat tire. Weisler said Smith approached
Hare�s patrol car on the passenger side after the officer arrived. Weisler
said Hare even offered him a ride into town.

�Then, without warning, the suspect pulled out a firearm and shot Officer
Hare,� Weisler said. �The suspect then walked to the driver�s side and
shot Officer Hare again.�

Weisler said Smith then allegedly pushed Hare into the passenger seat and
drove away in the patrol car. The patrol car was later found abandoned and
Smith allegedly ran off on foot.

Hare was later found on a frontage road near the interstate and was taken
to a hospital where he later died. Authorities were unable to find Smith
after a manhunt in the area.

Hare is survived by his parents, girlfriend and two small children.

At a Saturday press conference, Weisler said Smith had ties to the
Albuquerque area, but did not elaborate on what those ties were. He also
said Smith has �a very extensive criminal history.�

Smith is considered armed and dangerous, according to authorities. Anyone
with information is asked to call the NMSPD at 505-425-6771.

https://www.cbs7.com/2024/03/16/missing-south-carolina-paramedic-found-
dead-car-located-scene-fatal-shooting-new-mexico-police-officer/