Exceptions prove the rule, and wreck the budget. -- Miller

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Kids gert 50% for doing nothing

SubjectAuthor
* Kids gert 50% for doing nothingEd P
+- Kids gert 50% for doing nothingScott Lurndal
`- Kids gert 50% for doing nothingBob F

1
Kids gert 50% for doing nothing

<DVZZL.1310392$MVg8.535607@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42031&group=alt.home.repair#42031

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
Subject: Kids gert 50% for doing nothing
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 16:49:38 -0400
 by: Ed P - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 20:49 UTC

Looks like we will have a generation expecting 50% pay for doing
nothing. Just show up. Teacher fired for having valid expectations.

https://www.yourtango.com/news/middle-school-teacher-fired-giving-students-zeroes

Tirado defended her decision after she was fired for giving her students
all zeroes for not turning their homework in.
In an interview with local news outlet WPTV, Tirado explained that she
had been hired during the 2018 summer break to teach eighth-grade social
studies at the Florida school. She had spent 17 years as a teacher, with
education experience in different grades and classrooms, both online and
in-person.

Only in her first year at West Gate, Tirado said she had been fired for
ignoring the school's "No Zero" policy, which is printed in the student
and parent handbook as “no zeroes – lowest possible grade is 50%.”

Re: Kids gert 50% for doing nothing

<c6_ZL.2014188$iU59.349608@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42032&group=alt.home.repair#42032

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Subject: Re: Kids gert 50% for doing nothing
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 21:03:04 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 21:03 UTC

Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> writes:
>Looks like we will have a generation expecting 50% pay for doing
>nothing. Just show up. Teacher fired for having valid expectations.
>

>https://www.yourtango.com/news/middle-school-teacher-fired-giving-students-zeroes
>
>Tirado defended her decision after she was fired for giving her students
>all zeroes for not turning their homework in.
>In an interview with local news outlet WPTV, Tirado explained that she
>had been hired during the 2018 summer break to teach eighth-grade social
>studies at the Florida school. She had spent 17 years as a teacher, with
>education experience in different grades and classrooms, both online and
>in-person.
>
>Only in her first year at West Gate, Tirado said she had been fired for
>ignoring the school's "No Zero" policy, which is printed in the student
>and parent handbook as “no zeroes – lowest possible grade is 50%.”

There are two sides to every story.

https://www.ksat.com/news/2018/09/26/district-blasts-fired-teacher-says-there-is-more-to-story/

Re: Kids gert 50% for doing nothing

<u1a14d$15qcb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=42033&group=alt.home.repair#42033

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 15:53:01 -0700
 by: Bob F - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 22:53 UTC

On 4/13/2023 1:49 PM, Ed P wrote:
> Looks like we will have a generation expecting 50% pay for doing
> nothing.  Just show up.  Teacher fired for having valid expectations.
>

> https://www.yourtango.com/news/middle-school-teacher-fired-giving-students-zeroes
>

> Tirado defended her decision after she was fired for giving her students
> all zeroes for not turning their homework in.
> In an interview with local news outlet WPTV, Tirado explained that she
> had been hired during the 2018 summer break to teach eighth-grade social
> studies at the Florida school. She had spent 17 years as a teacher, with
> education experience in different grades and classrooms, both online and
> in-person.
>
> Only in her first year at West Gate, Tirado said she had been fired for
> ignoring the school's "No Zero" policy, which is printed in the student
> and parent handbook as “no zeroes – lowest possible grade is 50%.”

"Ms. Tirado was released from her duties as an instructor because her
performance was deemed sub-standard and her interactions with students,
staff, and parents lacked professionalism and created a toxic culture on
the school’s campus.

During her brief time of employment at West Gate, the school fielded
numerous student and parent complaints as well as concerns from
colleagues. Based on new information shared with school administrators,
an investigation of possible physical abuse is underway."

The spokesperson also mentioned the schools grading policy, stating that
there isn’t any policy prohibiting a teacher from recording a zero for
work not turned in."

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Kids gert 50% for doing nothing