A day without sunshine is like a day without Anita Bryant.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Power Tools The Machines That Built America

SubjectAuthor
* Power Tools The Machines That Built AmericaEd Pawlowski
+* Power Tools The Machines That Built AmericaJim Joyce
|+- Power Tools The Machines That Built Americagfretwell
|`* Power Tools The Machines That Built AmericaMark Lloyd
| `- Power Tools The Machines That Built AmericaEd Pawlowski
`- Power Tools The Machines That Built AmericaMark Lloyd

1
Power Tools The Machines That Built America

<xqESI.5314$3w6.4109@fx26.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4033&group=alt.home.repair#4033

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Subject: Power Tools The Machines That Built America
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 21:38:37 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:38 UTC

Have you been watching the series on History Channel?

The power tools episode repeats next Sunday at 8 PM. It has been a good
series.

Re: Power Tools The Machines That Built America

<b4lmhgtbvc5boc0k8gj58bb5d90drk8m93@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4052&group=alt.home.repair#4052

From: non...@none.invalid (Jim Joyce)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Power Tools The Machines That Built America
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:20:24 -0500
 by: Jim Joyce - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 06:20 UTC

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 21:38:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>Have you been watching the series on History Channel?
>
>The power tools episode repeats next Sunday at 8 PM. It has been a good
>series.

Modern Marvels is up to season 21 now and I've been a fan from the
beginning. Having said that, the current host gets on my nerves. I liked it
better when they simply had a narrator rather than a host. In spite of the
annoying host, it's still a good program.

Re: Power Tools The Machines That Built America

<6bknhgd506m7rsj1d222rtm34n0g7gnu49@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4080&group=alt.home.repair#4080

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:15:40 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:15 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:20:24 -0500, Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 21:38:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>>Have you been watching the series on History Channel?
>>
>>The power tools episode repeats next Sunday at 8 PM. It has been a good
>>series.
>
>Modern Marvels is up to season 21 now and I've been a fan from the
>beginning. Having said that, the current host gets on my nerves. I liked it
>better when they simply had a narrator rather than a host. In spite of the
>annoying host, it's still a good program.

They do jump the shark a lot. Some of their "Marvels" were not that
marvelous. I haven't had cable for quite a while so I have not been
watching it lately. It was far more interesting than watching pawn
shop owners, truckers, crab fishers and motorcycle mechanics argue
when they turned a "marvel" into a series.

Re: Power Tools The Machines That Built America

<pKYSI.8$Li4.7@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4182&group=alt.home.repair#4182

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: not...@mail.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 19:45:08 -0500
 by: Mark Lloyd - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 00:45 UTC

On 8/16/21 8:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Have you been watching the series on History Channel?
>
> The power tools episode repeats next Sunday at 8 PM.  It has been a good
> series.

I like those shows. I almost never watch in real time, but use a DVD.
I'm watching the power tool show whine typing this.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"File not found. Should I fake it? (y/n)"

Re: Power Tools The Machines That Built America

<FLYSI.9$Li4.0@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4183&group=alt.home.repair#4183

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: not...@mail.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 19:46:29 -0500
 by: Mark Lloyd - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 00:46 UTC

On 8/17/21 1:20 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 21:38:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>> Have you been watching the series on History Channel?
>>
>> The power tools episode repeats next Sunday at 8 PM. It has been a good
>> series.
>
> Modern Marvels is up to season 21 now and I've been a fan from the
> beginning. Having said that, the current host gets on my nerves. I liked it
> better when they simply had a narrator rather than a host. In spite of the
> annoying host, it's still a good program.

I still watch some, although I liked some of the older ones better .
IIRC, the first I saw was about the telephone.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"File not found. Should I fake it? (y/n)"

Re: Power Tools The Machines That Built America

<2WYSI.157$Uc5.57@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4190&group=alt.home.repair#4190

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 20:57:33 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 00:57 UTC

On 8/17/2021 8:46 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
> On 8/17/21 1:20 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 21:38:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you been watching the series on History Channel?
>>>
>>> The power tools episode repeats next Sunday at 8 PM.  It has been a good
>>> series.
>>
>> Modern Marvels is up to season 21 now and I've been a fan from the
>> beginning. Having said that, the current host gets on my nerves. I
>> liked it
>> better when they simply had a narrator rather than a host. In spite of
>> the
>> annoying host, it's still a good program.
>
> I still watch some, although I liked some of the older ones better .
> IIRC, the first I saw was about the telephone.

I was surprised by the one about the Yamaha plant building off road
vehicles in Georgia. Quite an operation.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Power Tools The Machines That Built America