Subject: Re: Seattle City Attorney's Office moves to disqualify activist judge
from hearing any 'criminal cases moving forward'
Newsgroups: alt.activism,misc.legal,seattle.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 19:26:24 -0800
 by: a425couple - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 03:26 UTC

On 3/5/24 16:16, Walter Duerson wrote:
> The Seattle City Attorney has issued an Affidavit of Prejudice in an
> attempt to preclude a radical judge from hearing any criminal cases
> brought by the office.

Rather than accepting responsibility, Judge Pooja Vaddadi has decided
to argue and fight. Will the votes dismiss her next election?

> [...]
> cases brought by the CAO.”
>
> Seattle City Attorney Ann Davison said in a statement, “Public safety is
> among our highest priorities, and this includes trying cases on behalf of
> those victimized by crime. Unfortunately, we have encountered a regular
> pattern of biased rulings.”
>
> The decision to issue the affidavit was recommended by CAO Criminal
> Division Chief Natalie Walton-Anderson and approved by Davison.
>
> Chief Walton-Anderson wrote in a memorandum to the CAO Criminal Division,
> “For the past several months, we have internally discussed the Criminal
> Division’s serious concerns with the conduct and rulings of Judge Pooja
> Vaddadi.”
>
> “Unfortunately, as outlined below, those concerns have only continued to
> mount in the past several months. As a result, I have made the difficult
> decision that the office will submit affidavits of prejudice for Judge
> Vaddadi on all criminal cases moving forward.”
>
> Chief Walton-Anderson informed Judge Vaddadi and Presiding Judge Faye
> Chess of the CAO’s decision on Wednesday and outlined key issues from the
> memo alleging that Judge Vaddadi routinely overrules prior findings of
> probable cause by her fellow judges; repeatedly fails to find probable
> cause in situations where, clearly, probable cause exists; makes improper
> rulings related to public safety in domestic violence and DUI cases; and
> frequently makes erroneous evidentiary rulings for unjustified reasons,
> rather than articulating any legal analysis.
>
> Chief Walton-Anderson wrote in the CAO memo, “Judge Vaddadi routinely
> raises arguments on behalf of defendants without prompting or argument
> from their own attorneys.”
>
> “The resounding input from attorneys that have appeared in her courtroom
> is that her decisions demonstrate a complete lack of understanding, or
> perhaps even intentional disregard, of the evidence rules, even on basic
> issues.”
>
> Seattle has been suffering from a so-called “revolving door” justice
> system for years, where prosecutors chose not to prosecute crimes or
> liberal judges chose not to sentence criminals appropriately.
>
> Davison was elected in 2021 by voters who finally had enough of the
> ongoing chaos in the Emerald City.
>
> Since then, her office has worked to target prolific offenders in Seattle
> who are responsible for a majority of the crimes.
>
> On Friday, Davison’s office also announced it was reviewing criminal
> charges against a group of activists who disrupted last week's city
> council meeting demanding the city provide housing for illegal immigrants.
>
> The announcement was a 180 degree pivot under a new more moderate council
> from the previous radical council that allowed activists to control the
> agenda.
>
> https://thepostmillennial.com/seattle-city-attorneys-office-moves-to-
> disqualify-activist-judge-from-hearing-any-criminal-cases-moving-

Re: Seattle City Attorney's Office moves to disqualify activist judge from hearing any 'criminal cases moving forward'

<us9bcn$3ekgt$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4190&group=alt.law-enforcement#4190

From: khilph...@used.net (Khil Philed)
Newsgroups: alt.activism,misc.legal,seattle.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,alt.law-enforcement
Subject: Re: Seattle City Attorney's Office moves to disqualify activist judge from hearing any 'criminal cases moving forward'
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 09:01:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Khil Philed - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 09:01 UTC

a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in

> On 3/5/24 16:16, Walter Duerson wrote:
>> The Seattle City Attorney has issued an Affidavit of Prejudice in an
>> attempt to preclude a radical judge from hearing any criminal cases
>> brought by the office.
>>

> Rather than accepting responsibility, Judge Pooja Vaddadi has decided
> to argue and fight. Will the votes dismiss her next election?

It would be interesting to see some examples. Evidently she has made some
enemies.

<b77huihjai38fi2qfg9kl4n0frs3sg2nkv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4191&group=alt.law-enforcement#4191

Followup: talk.politics.guns
From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.law-enforcement,alt.activism,misc.legal,seattle.politics
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 08:48:39 -0800
 by: pyotr filipivich - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 16:48 UTC

Let the Record show that a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> on or
about Tue, 5 Mar 2024 19:26:24 -0800 did write, type or otherwise
cause to appear in talk.politics.guns the following:
>On 3/5/24 16:16, Walter Duerson wrote:
>> The Seattle City Attorney has issued an Affidavit of Prejudice in an
>> attempt to preclude a radical judge from hearing any criminal cases
>> brought by the office.
>>

>Rather than accepting responsibility, Judge Pooja Vaddadi has decided
>to argue and fight. Will the votes dismiss her next election?

Doubtful. The voters of Seattle have become progressively more
and more leftist as the saner ones move away.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or