Newsgroups: seattle.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Seattle light rail thoughts - Crime underground on the rails
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 17:38:13 -0800
 by: a425couple - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 01:38 UTC

please note and read,
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/man-fatally-shot-on-light-rail-train-in-downtown-seattle/

So in mid-1990s we did some study on the planned 'light rail'. With
increased big money liability for the deep pockets of our
governments,,,,, we thought/think of the risks, for example, think of a
female who does shift work, gets off work after midnight downtown, gets
in a metal box, rides through a cement tube 150' underground with very
few other riders and no responsible employees and hopes to ride this to
Northgate. ??? No way of emergency exit. No way of quick emergency
response. No supervision. Who will really want to ride that?

Oh well. They built it. They can not even keep homeless drug addicts
from camping out on it smoking fentanyl. Remember decades ago transit
tried the advertising slogan, "Who rides transit? - People just like
you." It died quickly because the obvious majority answer was "BET ME!!!"

Last month we saw them doing a early test run finally from Lynnwood
south. About six years now of huge expense and disruption of building
this monstrosity. We ought to require all the politicians that were FOR
this thing to have to somehow ride it to get to work.