From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: OT - Privacy? - Tesla internal cameras sending internal camera
pictures to Tesla corp.
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 11:20:32 -0700
 by: Bob F - Fri, 7 Apr 2023 18:20 UTC

"But between 2019 and 2022, groups of Tesla employees privately shared
via an internal messaging system sometimes highly invasive videos and
images recorded by customers’ car cameras, according to interviews by
Reuters with nine former employees.

Some of the recordings caught Tesla customers in embarrassing
situations. One ex-employee described a video of a man approaching a
vehicle completely naked."

"Also shared: crashes and road-rage incidents. One crash video in 2021
showed a Tesla driving at high speed in a residential area hitting a
child riding a bike, according to another ex-employee. The child flew in
one direction, the bike in another. The video spread around a Tesla
office in San Mateo, California, via private one-on-one chats, “like
wildfire,” the ex-employee said.

Other images were more mundane, such as pictures of dogs and funny road
signs that employees made into memes by embellishing them with amusing
captions or commentary, before posting them in private group chats.
While some postings were only shared between two employees, others could
be seen by scores of them, according to several ex-employees."

https://www.reuters.com/technology/tesla-workers-shared-sensitive-images-recorded-by-customer-cars-2023-04-06/

Re: OT - Privacy? - Tesla internal cameras sending internal camera pictures to Tesla corp.

<c70b5c59-d819-4c6d-bf63-00502ebd10e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=41588&group=alt.home.repair#41588

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 17:33:01 -0700 (PDT)
pictures to Tesla corp.
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 00:33 UTC

On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 1:20:45 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
> "But between 2019 and 2022, groups of Tesla employees privately shared
> via an internal messaging system sometimes highly invasive videos and
> images recorded by customers’ car cameras, according to interviews by
> Reuters with nine former employees.
>
> Some of the recordings caught Tesla customers in embarrassing
> situations. One ex-employee described a video of a man approaching a
> vehicle completely naked."
>
> "Also shared: crashes and road-rage incidents. One crash video in 2021
> showed a Tesla driving at high speed in a residential area hitting a
> child riding a bike, according to another ex-employee. The child flew in i> one direction, the bike in another. The video spread around a Tesla
> office in San Mateo, California, via private one-on-one chats, “like
> wildfire,” the ex-employee said. h
>
> Other images were more mundane, such as pictures of dogs and funny road
> signs that employees made into memes by embellishing them with amusing
> captions or commentary, before posting them in private group chats.
> While some postings were only shared between two employees, others could
> be seen by scores of them, according to several ex-employees."
>
> https://www.reuters.com/technology/tesla-workers-shared-sensitive-images-recorded-by-customer-cars-2023-04-06/

I've been watching a lot of the reality type detective shows. One thing the detectives do is look for security
cameras around the crime scene. It doesn't matter if it's in a residential or business area. Another thing they do is track potential suspects' cell phones.
Privacy hardly exists unless one is on a ranch somewhere with no cell phone.

interests / alt.home.repair / OT - Privacy? - Tesla internal cameras sending internal camera pictures to Tesla corp.