interests / alt.politics.usa.misc / Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

SubjectAuthor
* Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst"Jeffrey Rubard
[...]

1
Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<23488e71-04c3-4bc5-b5af-edaf271a623bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=391&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#391

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 14:40:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst"
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 22:40 UTC

On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 1:28:06 PM UTC-8, rubard...@gmail.com wrote:
> The United States, the Americans.
>
> George Walker Bush was an excrescence on the American Republic, a horror "fated" to be visited upon a liberal and liberalizing public At Some Point whether they wanted it or not. Truly spoken, he falls in the category of "'One of the Worst' doesn't quite cover it", i.e. there is a word we don't use "in first intention" that describes his working-over of the United States..
>
> (That's right, when you ain't no alien and you can't be seditious, well....)
>
> A man of more than limited intelligence (that is to say, a public with access to unfaked psychiatry and neurology would have every reason not to "install" him in a position of power based on his limited mental ability alone), Bush had "secretly" had a career in infamy before he was foisted on the country at large in 2000. The nation's biggest crisis and tragedy in decades "somehow" followed soon after, all to his credit.
>
> Hitlerian? Nobody American since the Third Reich fits the personality profile better, and we were all made to toe the line of vapid slogans in pseudo-English as actual morality and "public decency" went down the toilet. Surrounded by openly murderous morons like Tom Ridge and Ari Fleischer, Bush made everybody work a "double" shift at looking like his "compassion" involved anything more than nervous blood tests.
>
> The policy achievements were none, the damage to the social fabric real, the legacy entirely vapid (Trump presumably wakes up every day saying "I am not W." and can feel no better about anything on Earth). The Bush "dynasty" is quite an extinct line: there are no worried faces to make, no "beers" to drink. There is little about American life that can change, and I say this as a voice "on the left": there is no American politics of the future that can crib from his dictatorial whims.
>
> If Jesus loves him, I don't know Jesus. (I don't "know Jesus", but if the Nazarene is a presence in *your* life I suppose you already had this thought.)
>
> Jeffrey Rubard

2021 Update: Still not a Republican, still not a fan.

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<7f5db052-78e7-4f3d-8ca1-a5599ac75915n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=392&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#392

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 08:12:21 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 16:12 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 2:40:14 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 1:28:06 PM UTC-8, rubard...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The United States, the Americans.
> >
> > George Walker Bush was an excrescence on the American Republic, a horror "fated" to be visited upon a liberal and liberalizing public At Some Point whether they wanted it or not. Truly spoken, he falls in the category of "'One of the Worst' doesn't quite cover it", i.e. there is a word we don't use "in first intention" that describes his working-over of the United States.
> >
> > (That's right, when you ain't no alien and you can't be seditious, well....)
> >
> > A man of more than limited intelligence (that is to say, a public with access to unfaked psychiatry and neurology would have every reason not to "install" him in a position of power based on his limited mental ability alone), Bush had "secretly" had a career in infamy before he was foisted on the country at large in 2000. The nation's biggest crisis and tragedy in decades "somehow" followed soon after, all to his credit.
> >
> > Hitlerian? Nobody American since the Third Reich fits the personality profile better, and we were all made to toe the line of vapid slogans in pseudo-English as actual morality and "public decency" went down the toilet. Surrounded by openly murderous morons like Tom Ridge and Ari Fleischer, Bush made everybody work a "double" shift at looking like his "compassion" involved anything more than nervous blood tests.
> >
> > The policy achievements were none, the damage to the social fabric real, the legacy entirely vapid (Trump presumably wakes up every day saying "I am not W." and can feel no better about anything on Earth). The Bush "dynasty" is quite an extinct line: there are no worried faces to make, no "beers" to drink. There is little about American life that can change, and I say this as a voice "on the left": there is no American politics of the future that can crib from his dictatorial whims.
> >
> > If Jesus loves him, I don't know Jesus. (I don't "know Jesus", but if the Nazarene is a presence in *your* life I suppose you already had this thought.)
> >
> > Jeffrey Rubard
> 2021 Update: Still not a Republican, still not a fan.

I've gotten up to saying this quite a bit recently.
Is there a corresponding saying? Yes.
"There are no good Democrats", in the sense that they are without exception "politically incompetent"
as dedicated liberals, or genially grim in "pragmatically" practically sympathizing with aspects of the
world you find distasteful. "Doing it wrong" is doing it right.

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<8596c075-8b51-4ca2-8c25-7b2d47b78ab9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=393&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#393

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 22:52:29 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 06:52 UTC

On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 8:12:22 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 2:40:14 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> > On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 1:28:06 PM UTC-8, rubard...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > The United States, the Americans.
> > >
> > > George Walker Bush was an excrescence on the American Republic, a horror "fated" to be visited upon a liberal and liberalizing public At Some Point whether they wanted it or not. Truly spoken, he falls in the category of "'One of the Worst' doesn't quite cover it", i.e. there is a word we don't use "in first intention" that describes his working-over of the United States.
> > >
> > > (That's right, when you ain't no alien and you can't be seditious, well...)
> > >
> > > A man of more than limited intelligence (that is to say, a public with access to unfaked psychiatry and neurology would have every reason not to "install" him in a position of power based on his limited mental ability alone), Bush had "secretly" had a career in infamy before he was foisted on the country at large in 2000. The nation's biggest crisis and tragedy in decades "somehow" followed soon after, all to his credit.
> > >
> > > Hitlerian? Nobody American since the Third Reich fits the personality profile better, and we were all made to toe the line of vapid slogans in pseudo-English as actual morality and "public decency" went down the toilet. Surrounded by openly murderous morons like Tom Ridge and Ari Fleischer, Bush made everybody work a "double" shift at looking like his "compassion" involved anything more than nervous blood tests.
> > >
> > > The policy achievements were none, the damage to the social fabric real, the legacy entirely vapid (Trump presumably wakes up every day saying "I am not W." and can feel no better about anything on Earth). The Bush "dynasty" is quite an extinct line: there are no worried faces to make, no "beers" to drink. There is little about American life that can change, and I say this as a voice "on the left": there is no American politics of the future that can crib from his dictatorial whims.
> > >
> > > If Jesus loves him, I don't know Jesus. (I don't "know Jesus", but if the Nazarene is a presence in *your* life I suppose you already had this thought.)
> > >
> > > Jeffrey Rubard
> > 2021 Update: Still not a Republican, still not a fan.
> I've gotten up to saying this quite a bit recently.
> Is there a corresponding saying? Yes.
> "There are no good Democrats", in the sense that they are without exception "politically incompetent"
> as dedicated liberals, or genially grim in "pragmatically" practically sympathizing with aspects of the
> world you find distasteful. "Doing it wrong" is doing it right.

Still, a magical thing about "Team Bush" (as opposed to Trumpers) is that they would always make sure to "write you in" as a secret fan of W. at some inopportune moment -- not, say, when you grudgingly and somewhat disobligingly said something nice about the man. This is not technically so legit, since you can sure "die with your blue Keds on", y'know?

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<fbd792c6-ca63-42e0-ab4a-e2db1210f365n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=394&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#394

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 23:05:11 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 07:05 UTC

On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 10:52:30 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 8:12:22 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > 2021 Update: Still not a Republican, still not a fan.
> > I've gotten up to saying this quite a bit recently.
> > Is there a corresponding saying? Yes.
> > "There are no good Democrats", in the sense that they are without exception "politically incompetent"
> > as dedicated liberals, or genially grim in "pragmatically" practically sympathizing with aspects of the
> > world you find distasteful. "Doing it wrong" is doing it right.
> Still, a magical thing about "Team Bush" (as opposed to Trumpers) is that they would always make sure to "write you in" as a secret fan of W. at some inopportune moment -- not, say, when you grudgingly and somewhat disobligingly said something nice about the man. This is not technically so legit, since you can sure "die with your blue Keds on", y'know?

"Existential commitment", they can respect that.
"American Rationalists", by contrast, cannot respect some of the choices of the postmodern right.
"So he got AIDS/HIV? The fucker got AIDS/HIV? The 'compassionate conservative' who wasted my 2000s with gay-baiting from his followers got HIV? Well, it's not the kind of thing that goes away with a snap of the fingers, dude. Or didn't he? Do you understand how reliable medical tests work?"

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<c822e2cb-cb5d-44be-8ff6-b53be8f29d18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=395&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#395

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 13:39:34 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 21:39 UTC

On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 11:05:12 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 10:52:30 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > I've gotten up to saying this quite a bit recently.
> > > Is there a corresponding saying? Yes.
> > > "There are no good Democrats", in the sense that they are without exception "politically incompetent"
> > > as dedicated liberals, or genially grim in "pragmatically" practically sympathizing with aspects of the
> > > world you find distasteful. "Doing it wrong" is doing it right.
> > Still, a magical thing about "Team Bush" (as opposed to Trumpers) is that they would always make sure to "write you in" as a secret fan of W. at some inopportune moment -- not, say, when you grudgingly and somewhat disobligingly said something nice about the man. This is not technically so legit, since you can sure "die with your blue Keds on", y'know?
> "Existential commitment", they can respect that.
> "American Rationalists", by contrast, cannot respect some of the choices of the postmodern right.
> "So he got AIDS/HIV? The fucker got AIDS/HIV? The 'compassionate conservative' who wasted my 2000s with gay-baiting from his followers got HIV? Well, it's not the kind of thing that goes away with a snap of the fingers, dude. Or didn't he? Do you understand how reliable medical tests work?"

"Pierre Menard, Receptive Barebacker of the Quijote". So traditional a "Bush dynasty" riff -- they'd hoist you with *their* petard...
But maybe I exaggerate the significance of this. (It's just him plus his victims, right?)

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<207db7d0-03d5-4689-a12f-74eb1309d67cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=396&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#396

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 17:25:30 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 01:25 UTC

On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 1:39:35 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 11:05:12 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > Still, a magical thing about "Team Bush" (as opposed to Trumpers) is that they would always make sure to "write you in" as a secret fan of W. at some inopportune moment -- not, say, when you grudgingly and somewhat disobligingly said something nice about the man. This is not technically so legit, since you can sure "die with your blue Keds on", y'know?
> > "Existential commitment", they can respect that.
> > "American Rationalists", by contrast, cannot respect some of the choices of the postmodern right.
> > "So he got AIDS/HIV? The fucker got AIDS/HIV? The 'compassionate conservative' who wasted my 2000s with gay-baiting from his followers got HIV? Well, it's not the kind of thing that goes away with a snap of the fingers, dude. Or didn't he? Do you understand how reliable medical tests work?"
> "Pierre Menard, Receptive Barebacker of the Quijote". So traditional a "Bush dynasty" riff -- they'd hoist you with *their* petard...
> But maybe I exaggerate the significance of this. (It's just him plus his victims, right?)

At any rate: fans of the Bush dynasty, condoms are a must. Seriously. I don't *care* what that charismatic Texas or Florida politician tells you, that thing is going *on*.

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<2cf05e67-9ed2-4add-98db-a62249eeeba0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=397&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#397

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 08:27:03 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 16:27 UTC

On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 5:25:30 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 1:39:35 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > "Existential commitment", they can respect that.
> > > "American Rationalists", by contrast, cannot respect some of the choices of the postmodern right.
> > > "So he got AIDS/HIV? The fucker got AIDS/HIV? The 'compassionate conservative' who wasted my 2000s with gay-baiting from his followers got HIV? Well, it's not the kind of thing that goes away with a snap of the fingers, dude. Or didn't he? Do you understand how reliable medical tests work?"
> > "Pierre Menard, Receptive Barebacker of the Quijote". So traditional a "Bush dynasty" riff -- they'd hoist you with *their* petard...
> > But maybe I exaggerate the significance of this. (It's just him plus his victims, right?)
> At any rate: fans of the Bush dynasty, condoms are a must. Seriously. I don't *care* what that charismatic Texas or Florida politician tells you, that thing is going *on*.

It's true they're more effective at preventing STDs *generally* than with a partner known to have an illness --
so, to be extra safe, you should probably pick a partner other than, say, George W. Bush. However,
in a pinch be sure to "stick to the script" and use them.

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<eba67c1a-4d02-4ad5-a989-801e96e90cd5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=398&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#398

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 23:30:43 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 07:30 UTC

On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 8:27:04 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 5:25:30 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > "Pierre Menard, Receptive Barebacker of the Quijote". So traditional a "Bush dynasty" riff -- they'd hoist you with *their* petard...
> > > But maybe I exaggerate the significance of this. (It's just him plus his victims, right?)
> > At any rate: fans of the Bush dynasty, condoms are a must. Seriously. I don't *care* what that charismatic Texas or Florida politician tells you, that thing is going *on*.
> It's true they're more effective at preventing STDs *generally* than with a partner known to have an illness --
> so, to be extra safe, you should probably pick a partner other than, say, George W. Bush. However,
> in a pinch be sure to "stick to the script" and use them.

2021 Close-Out Sale, Final: No, I didn't give it to him. I don't even *have* HIV!

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<27d0b8e7-97cb-4207-a619-f84fac762e8an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=399&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#399

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 09:00:43 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 17:00 UTC

On Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 11:30:44 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 8:27:04 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > At any rate: fans of the Bush dynasty, condoms are a must. Seriously. I don't *care* what that charismatic Texas or Florida politician tells you, that thing is going *on*.
> > It's true they're more effective at preventing STDs *generally* than with a partner known to have an illness --
> > so, to be extra safe, you should probably pick a partner other than, say, George W. Bush. However,
> > in a pinch be sure to "stick to the script" and use them.
> 2021 Close-Out Sale, Final: No, I didn't give it to him. I don't even *have* HIV!

I hate the Republican Party and never vote Republican, forsooth. Could it *somehow*
not be my problem?

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<6b0a6ca0-5a70-431f-a2e0-a51d84832aaen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=400&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#400

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 23:53:47 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 07:53 UTC

On Monday, January 3, 2022 at 9:00:44 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 11:30:44 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > It's true they're more effective at preventing STDs *generally* than with a partner known to have an illness --
> > > so, to be extra safe, you should probably pick a partner other than, say, George W. Bush. However,
> > > in a pinch be sure to "stick to the script" and use them.
> > 2021 Close-Out Sale, Final: No, I didn't give it to him. I don't even *have* HIV!
> I hate the Republican Party and never vote Republican, forsooth. Could it *somehow*
> not be my problem?

Didn't vote for him either time, don't much admire his family, wish his influence would cease etc.

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<d06880f7-f143-4397-afb0-79b0f06a6ff0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=401&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#401

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 11:47:42 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 19:47 UTC

On Monday, January 3, 2022 at 11:53:48 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Monday, January 3, 2022 at 9:00:44 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > 2021 Close-Out Sale, Final: No, I didn't give it to him. I don't even *have* HIV!
> > I hate the Republican Party and never vote Republican, forsooth. Could it *somehow*
> > not be my problem?
> Didn't vote for him either time, don't much admire his family, wish his influence would cease etc.

"Beto O'Rourke" is kind of the exact opposite name to "Bernardo O'Higgins", innit?

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<5fb82a1c-4af8-4ec5-b46c-adb64c97d73an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=402&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#402

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 20:16:27 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 04:16 UTC

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 11:47:43 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Monday, January 3, 2022 at 11:53:48 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > I hate the Republican Party and never vote Republican, forsooth. Could it *somehow*
> > > not be my problem?
> > Didn't vote for him either time, don't much admire his family, wish his influence would cease etc.
> "Beto O'Rourke" is kind of the exact opposite name to "Bernardo O'Higgins", innit?

The "Spanglish" illustration of a possible contrast:
Bernardo O'Higgins (to anyone): "You're a puto"
Beto O'Rourke (in dudgeon): "I'm a puto? I'm a puto?"

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<9081eb45-5aaa-477f-8e6f-baf266da161cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=403&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#403

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 04:12:39 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:12 UTC

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 11:47:43 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Monday, January 3, 2022 at 11:53:48 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > I hate the Republican Party and never vote Republican, forsooth. Could it *somehow*
> > > not be my problem?
> > Didn't vote for him either time, don't much admire his family, wish his influence would cease etc.
> "Beto O'Rourke" is kind of the exact opposite name to "Bernardo O'Higgins", innit?

The Official Explanation:
"Beto" is, as a type, a man so metrosexual he does, in fact, turn out to be a male prostitute. (He is not of the greatest political virtue.)
An O'Rourke (Mickey Rourke's name is secretly really spelled this way, if I remember correctly) as a type is a "beast", who works his purposes
in contrast to the received order of things.
So Beto O'Rourke's name means "whore-beast".
(You're welcome.)

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<288897fa-d54a-4c3e-bafd-00f77e432980n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=404&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#404

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:23:22 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 02:23 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4:12:40 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 11:47:43 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > Didn't vote for him either time, don't much admire his family, wish his influence would cease etc.
> > "Beto O'Rourke" is kind of the exact opposite name to "Bernardo O'Higgins", innit?
> The Official Explanation:
> "Beto" is, as a type, a man so metrosexual he does, in fact, turn out to be a male prostitute. (He is not of the greatest political virtue.)
> An O'Rourke (Mickey Rourke's name is secretly really spelled this way, if I remember correctly) as a type is a "beast", who works his purposes
> in contrast to the received order of things.
> So Beto O'Rourke's name means "whore-beast".
> (You're welcome.)

(No, he didn't get it from W. It *would* be something more like IDU, obvs.)

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<41e17f43-7fbd-4abd-96e1-e54f2a9087a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=405&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#405

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 16:36:35 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 00:36 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 6:23:23 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4:12:40 AM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > "Beto O'Rourke" is kind of the exact opposite name to "Bernardo O'Higgins", innit?
> > The Official Explanation:
> > "Beto" is, as a type, a man so metrosexual he does, in fact, turn out to be a male prostitute. (He is not of the greatest political virtue.)
> > An O'Rourke (Mickey Rourke's name is secretly really spelled this way, if I remember correctly) as a type is a "beast", who works his purposes
> > in contrast to the received order of things.
> > So Beto O'Rourke's name means "whore-beast".
> > (You're welcome.)
> (No, he didn't get it from W. It *would* be something more like IDU, obvs..)

Still not a Republican, still not a fan. (Don't you know a lot of people like this?)

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<ba77c096-e474-4e05-9610-6692f276e0cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=406&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#406

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:25:19 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 03:25 UTC

On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 4:36:36 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 6:23:23 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > The Official Explanation:
> > > "Beto" is, as a type, a man so metrosexual he does, in fact, turn out to be a male prostitute. (He is not of the greatest political virtue.)
> > > An O'Rourke (Mickey Rourke's name is secretly really spelled this way, if I remember correctly) as a type is a "beast", who works his purposes
> > > in contrast to the received order of things.
> > > So Beto O'Rourke's name means "whore-beast".
> > > (You're welcome.)
> > (No, he didn't get it from W. It *would* be something more like IDU, obvs.)
> Still not a Republican, still not a fan. (Don't you know a lot of people like this?)

Really, don't "pencil me in as a fan" of the Bush family, even in memory.

Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<eddd5047-ce07-466e-a223-92c806a2bd92n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=407&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#407

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 16:12:19 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 00:12 UTC

On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 7:25:20 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 4:36:36 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Rubard wrote:

> > > (No, he didn't get it from W. It *would* be something more like IDU, obvs.)
> > Still not a Republican, still not a fan. (Don't you know a lot of people like this?)
> Really, don't "pencil me in as a fan" of the Bush family, even in memory.

....and honestly, sometimes your family doesn't win you fans, either.
(A "dynasty" like we didn't think we had in America?)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: George W. Bush: An American Tragedy (Or, "One of the Worst" Doesn't Quite Cover It)

<6c966c3b-0325-4549-8776-4a71fa0adebbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=412&group=alt.politics.usa.misc#412

Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.misc
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:16:56 -0800 (PST)
Doesn't Quite Cover It)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 04:16 UTC